Translocate Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Izzard of Bertox, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Translocate wont work in combat now? The cost of messing up a raid has just gone up.

Do tell, why was this done?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are other means of escaping a raid that goes wrong besides Translocate for all classes.
  3. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Of course … Im a rogue … I escape and SoS and laugh at everyone or click a potion or Bulwark …. but still ….. Why the change?
  4. cygnet Journeyman

Most raids are instanced in the recent expansions..Guess this was for TLP issues. Definitely inconvenient to have to do other things besides TL a raid out on an imminent wipe or a decision to restart fresh on a raid.
  5. Tappin Augur

This change is about ad dumb as the 3 digit decimal spots.
    Mediik and Yinla like this.
  6. Dewey Augur

Litterally like the only utility anything that a wizard gets, and your taking it away. Lol
  7. Imukai Augur

Was probably related to nerfing charmgate but for non-charming classes. Bind in zone, aggro mob, get TL'd, mob warps to you.
  8. svann Augur

It was always kind of a cheese mechanic. So you can save yourself after the tanks die? But then you gotta come back, wait on their rez sickness and rebuff anyway. So what do you gain? 0.4% xp? Anyhow, for the time you spend managing TL you would be far better off using drunkards stein.
    Tarvas, Elyssanda and GNOME_POWER like this.
  9. Jordis Augur

I've heard that there was a problem with enchanters charming pets and tl'ing to another spot in the zone and doing nefarious things on progression servers. I apparently don't know how charm and translocate works there and don't really have any desire to find out.
    TL breaks charm because it zones the caster. Gate breaks charm because it zones. Levant breaks charm on a necro charmed pet because they zone. (And Erollisi help you if you are in a group with a ranger who is obsessed with casting camo constantly and you're trying to charm).

But, oddly enough, CoTH works just fine. Out of curiosity I ran on over to Shard's landing with a boxed mage and charmed a mob this morning after the "fix", then had the Mage CoTh me...and poof. there I am along with my charmed pet and aggro drops off extended target. I tried dire charm and same thing. I had never tried it before although I knew that Come Hither wouldn't break charm and have been in groups with mages that have used it to help position mobs and pets.

If you were worried about enchanters moving around the zones with charmed pets and using spells to move them you really blew it and nerfed out the wrong set of spells. The developers did check to see they were targeting the right exploitive spells didn't they?
  10. Jordis Augur

TL does NOT warp the mob to you. 17 years of playing an enchanter and I can assure you that a TL that zones you inside to a safe spot or outside the zone has ALWAYS broken charm. Since about the OOW and the GoD period after charm breaks the mob loses buffs that are incorporated into the charm so it's not running around with normal DPS and additional buffs causing havok to the enchanter or people in the zone. Binding in a zone and gating with a charmed pet breaks charm even though you didn't zone, and as far as I can remember it always has.
  11. Captain Video Augur

This was all debated ad nauseum in the TLP forum before this last patch went in. If more vet players took a peek there now and then, you might have seen the prospective changes coming sooner. :)

The biggest issue wasn't moving charmed NPCs per se, it was using the charm-gate mechanic to KS a valuable drop from another player who had already earned it, in particular Epic quest line drops. That category of abuse has steadily escalated through each TLP cycle, with Mangler seeing a seemingly-unending amount of such drama. Many people are paying to play the "classic" EQ experience, and then complaining incessantly because they don't like what "classic" EQ is, and so demand that devs make it different.

And yes, there are other solutions, like making players git gud on the use of Dispel, but not all affected classes have that option, so the devs went the way they did.
    Rolaque likes this.
  12. shiftie Augur

Gating in a zone with a charmed pet 100% did not break the charm. Ive used this for years to single pull old works mobs solo especially named from rooms without the need to clear. Just another line of nerfs to make game play bland and reduce creative game play. 21 years later lol
  13. Allayna Augur

The bigger issue is that the TLP environment is toxic and DBG makes sweeping changes to code to address major issues there, that just plain aren’t an issue on live...usually creating some unintended problem on live.
  14. Axxius Augur

Wut? :confused:
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

Tanks stood there and took the deaths so you could get out. Just as easy to die and banner back a cleric anyways.

This is a non-issue.
  16. Repthor Augur

Well now you know Axxius no use in argueing, get to the lobby and sell ports
  17. svann Augur

Lets be honest. I dont play TLP but this is BS. I played classic and this is not what it was about.
  18. Captain Video Augur

I'm not arguing the point, but when I try to say in their threads how there will be pushback from live players, I have no backup and pretty much everyone on the TLP side of things opposes me. I play on both sides, and none of the "toxic" issues seem to affect me, so I don't have problems there.
  19. Mediik Augur

This basically means longer recovery time for raids. I don't know if it adds 1 min or 5 mins or 10 mins per wipe, it's definitely not going to make raids any quicker. Seems a a pretty unnecessary change to address some TLP shinanigans. Surely there is a different way to "fix" the issue.
    Skewert and Yinla like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And now it is going to be debated by those who play on live!

Majority of live players have no interest in TLP servers, so why would they go there? I peek in there every so often, but then I do dabble on TLP servers every once in a while when I have some spare time. I saw the about enchanters being overpowered but didn't seen any demands for other classes anilities to be changed!

These changes should have only effected enchanters with a pet NOT everyone else.