Eyes of Life and Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just looked at Eyes if Life and Decay in game and its not showing any level restriction. No idea when it changed.
  2. Horyuken Augur

Don't think it ever showed in game. People got the level restriction from the lucy raw spell data.
  3. Intenso Augur

may aswell just get used to it its getting nerfed they might bring out another one but
  4. Axxius Augur

So this item is either:
    • getting obsolete - in that case we need a new similar item to work on in the next expansion, otherwise losing that 10% bonus will hurt,
      OR
    • getting the level restriction removed - then it becomes a semi-mandatory chore similar to some classes' epics.
    I hope this dilemma doesn't escape Ngreth's attention.
  5. Brohg Augur

I suspect Ngreth's view will be:
    • its era is done. move on.
    Skalde, Warpeace, Tucoh and 2 others like this.
  6. Forcallen Augur

Embrace old content and remove the cap. Doesn't prevent you from making a new version in the future.
  7. Morthakia Augur

My suggestion: Make a new version but have it accessible through group content (so people don’t have to go back and do raids to complete). Essentially, something very similar as to what was done with the Coldain Shawl (aug doesn’t require head of The First Creation).
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its a level increase there is a number of ways we could get the bonus back. AAs or base damage/heal damage seem to be the obvious ones, if they don't give us another item.
  9. Brohg Augur

Or, they give us nothing.
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  10. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

... and we'll like it.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Having always wanted it and never had it, it won't be missed. Group content is completely dominatable without it, just requires 10% more effort. Would be nice if they did throw us a bone with a level requirement since we are currently working on the achievement in our guild lol.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Maybe get some AA to compensate.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

To be honest after calls in another thread about autogranting or making it easier to get older stuff, I'm happy every once in a while to level the playing field.

Its the same for everyone, so no one is being punished with it not working.
  14. smash Augur

I seriously doubt there any sort of compensation.

They said earlier they regrettet making it and wanted to get rid of it asap.

And there they did not say anything about compensate people.
  15. Allayna Augur

I personally could see it go away or get added as a permanent AA - think DoN progression or MPG trials in the special tab.

I can say that we stopped going back for these achievements some time last year. As we'd done them for all of TBM, EoK, RoS.... since the chests are worthless it does get difficult to motivate people (majority have) vs (minority have nots) to go do 4 year old content.
  16. Spellfire Augur

This.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

As much as this kind of issue concerns me in general, considering the devs complete lack of ability/willingness to keep anything in mind other than the bubble of the current expansion when making the content (I find it very likely we get the same cut and paste % increase, so healing and spell damage barely budge on someone that has this, once you take it out of the equation), I get that things sometimes age out and get nerfed or things change.

The shawl aug for tanks is worthless now, considering it works off dodge and we basically never dodge anymore unless you stack hAgi in group content. It stinks, but it aged out nice and gradually. But it was also WAY more minor than this.

What concerns me is the attitude of some of the developers:

"I don't like that this was made, it makes my job require an ounce more of forethought, I would kill it if I could."

Yet this is something that players almost all LIKE. It was a great motivator to do the content, 4 years later a lot of people still work on it. This is the exact kind of thing that is NEEDED in this game to maintain interest.

I don't expect them to just raise the level on it, or make it passive or whatever, and taking it into account and making the % bump on spells larger than normal isn't a real solution, as the content just gets adjusted that much anyway so its a placebo.

But its an opportunity to make a NEW version and give some bumps to the next expansion.

Let's get:

1) new version of the eyes aug
    2) new shawl augs
    3) new combo type 3 augs that require making bigger choices but give bigger customized results (lost a couple slots to the evolving items and there are a lot out there)
    4) new cure clicky item
    5) new circle of power clickies
    6) new alaran tear type item for this expansion

These are the type of things that have almost NO real impact on player power especially with inflation (other than the eyes aug) lately, but give the expansion replay-ability, give players something to do that they enjoy. Yes, some people complain about it because they are "time intensive", but this kind of content is what the game needs. Things you can live without, but if you put in the effort and time, you can get something "cool".
  18. Dewey Augur

If it becomes mandatory then it should be groupable.
    Petalonyx and Endaar like this.
  19. Annastasya Augur

i say, give us a new similar aug, but make it as difficult to obtain as the old one AND (and i know the devs will love this) make it require The Eyes of Life and Decay as part of the turn in or combine to get the new one. /hugs, Anna
  20. chronicler Augur

Disagree, let the eye vanish for good. It is simply too hard to balance things when such a thing is in existence.

Without it, the powers might go back to pre-eye time.
    Yinla likes this.