Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Raccoo Augur

Tanked by someone else? It's going to be difficult to bow long range when the ranger has to tank it (I guess they could root and shoot or snare, kite and shoot. Don't see the reason for this, except in cases where the ranger is being a jerk and KSing. I'd have to disagree with this idea.

Guardian of Doomfire should definitely drop some type 19s or something!

Lag needs fixed, 1st concern. Hopefully will not have to wait for new expansion.
  2. Truklin Elder

Tier 0 raid in every expansion, can just be some rehashed old content like NTOV for RoF. Gives better than group gear/worse than T1+ raid gear, Older content has easy mechanics or none at all so it gives middle of the pack/open/alliance raid teams a solid amount of content they can do at expansion launch outside of just the normal group quests/missions. Also gives the high end raiders a nice loot pinata zone for their alts to get better than group quality gear on offnights or w/e.

Secondly, I think it would be cool if instead of completely getting rid of the Eyes of Life and Decay type 3 aug, you reintroduced it in each level increase expansion, but with a less painful way of getting it. Something like all group mission conquests and a drop from the Tier 0 raid which is guranteed 1-3 per boss. This would make it more viable for a wider scope of players to attain and also makes it way less painful getting it for new/returning players later on down the road when its no longer current content, which if im not mistaken are the main 2 complaints about this aug in it's current form.
  3. Balthozzar Elder

I liked being able to buy a wide variety of gear with the currency you get from doing group missions/HAs like in CotF. (Also in TBM, but I didn't really like the way gear in that expansion was set up. It was a very good way to twink alts, since my mains were able to farm and/or buy lots of Remnants, but it was a pain to deal with that many augs all the time.)

I don't like relying on camping named mobs to get stuff, but missions with chests that always have something good for someone in the group is fine also. Although, I'd like everyone in the group to be able to build up toward decent stuff even if they can't use the chest drop. Unless I'm missing something from RoS and EoK, the group currency was just for buying type 5 augs. That I don't like. I'm not sure about TBL, as I just got 110 and haven't bought it yet, though from what I've been able to read about, it is the same. I probably will buy it soon, though. I have time in the summer to play a lot and catch up.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they can't do this for the expansion it would make a great raid for the 21st Anniversary.....
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed - but I'd like to see it as a tier 1 raid early on in the expansion if possible. It's such a cool and unique zone. Once the progression was completed, and augs and stuff camped, it's become a wasteland. And it's one of the "way coolest" zones ever made. Our own version of "Jurassic Park".
  6. Ismel Augur

Add the darn raid spells to raid vendors 18 months later and I are still lack some and no it is not a lack of raids, I maxed RoS gear and TBL is looking good too.
  7. Axxius Augur

Speaking of the 21st anniversary... EQ being 21 years old needs a raid that includes drinking and Alcohol Tolerance! :D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Spellfire Augur

Yes :D!
  9. Allayna Augur

Itemization:

Secondary augment is due
    Raids and Missions that drop unique items, QoL type clickies
    Raids that have augments
    Updated CoM, CoP, CoL, GC clickies for the current expansion, bring them to level 5.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

While on the subject of over due aug upgrades - bow augs with procs, please!
  11. Protagonist Tank

You can ask someone to design the product for you or you can ask them to buy the product from you. Trying to do both is unhappy.
  12. FawnTemplar Augur

I'd like to see the gap between druids and the rest of the priest classes in terms of healing ability closed up a bit in the next expansion. As it is right now we lag well behind the paladins. While I appreciate that we have some pretty cool DPS abilities, those abilities generally are not enough to take a DPS spot in a group and our healing sucks enough that we are the last choice for group healer too. Also, there are plenty of guilds who rely on their druids to heal during raids. It feels like over the last 5 or 6 expansions druids have just continued to fall by the wayside.

I am not saying that druids need to be the best healers out there, if you still want to make them the weakest healing priest class that's fine with me. However, we do need some help. Our heals are way too slow and we have absolutely the worst group healing and close to no AE healing (Blessing of Tunare is not great).

Oh and a group curse cure please.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

Agree with Fawntemplar. I box max AA druid and Paladin, and the paladin does heal better than the druid!

Up druid AOE /HOT healing. Up something BESIDES healing for paladins.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Then take what we make.
  15. Allayna Augur

I also play end game Druid and Paladin. The simplest solution imo is to remove the timer that links all the heals of the same line for Druids. They are the only priest with this restriction. The only priest without a HoT. The only priest without a splash heal spell. Do you see DBG why they are the weakest choice healer now?
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You made me "like" a Ngreth post. Well-played.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

you forgot the only priest with a halfway decent burn.....
    Brohg likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have liked most of what you have made for almost 19 years. More than enough to make me happy to keep paying the experience. Are there things I wish could be different? Yes, there are. But then again, there are very few things in life that couldn't use some change IMHO. C’est la vie

Having imparted that drivel to the conversation; I have a question. Why change the display of mana and HP's to include three decimal places? I do not in all honesty see the value in it. Is there some benefit I am not seeing? I don't really expect an answer to that question, but I am curious nonetheless.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Does it hurt you? People asked for fractions of a percent. They probably just wanted to make sure they never had to change it again. That, of course, assumes that 3 decimals was the point and they didn't think they were making 3 decimals on the non-percent value (i.e. they thought that were making it display 0.953 as 95.3% and instead made it display 95.356%).

Can we mod the value in UIs? If so, then there you go.

[edited] If you were referring to your own writing, not sure why you quoted his then. But deleted my comment as irrelevant.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well, I was referring to my comments as drivel. But thanks for commenting.
    Prathun likes this.