Ragefire - The Serpent's Spine needs to unlock early

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Druids_corpse, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Bewts Augur

Wait, you still play? ;)
  2. Bewts Augur

I fully support a bundled option if it adds a month to the unlock timer.

Fighting RNG of multiple expansions in a 3 month window with mudflation so close on the horizon presents a whole added level of frustration. IE Demi LOVES our silk alts so much more than any other type I almost leveled a necro just to soak up BiS so we didn’t need to rot it al.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lol at the pof dude slipping that in there like the devs are knocking out this thread like a To-do list.

As a max level chanter though i will say is easily the most op class pre-gates.

And its not even close. Hope pantheon addresses this tbh so there is better class balance.
  4. Fraggly Augur

Have they ever released an expac early in TLP history?

Would prefer if they changed the rules to not require current expac to be defeated, just 3 months then a vote. Even better would just be all expacs 3 months, no vote, no clears.
  5. Machentoo Augur

There was that one time they accidentally launched Velious two weeks early.

And, they did adjust Ragefire and Lockjaw from six month unlocks to three month unlocks, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Just really unlikely.
  6. Gremin Augur

Yes, they gave Lockjaw one expansion 30 days earlier so it would not interfere with an expansion release for live.
  7. Rylas New Member

First thread i have seen anything really on Ragefire. When i dropped from EQ originally I think it was not long after TSS released. Thinking about trying to do a pick up where i left off kind of thing with coming to this server instead of being lost on live like I currently am. Hows the server doing? I'm assuming a solo capable class would be my best bet to catch up to where everyone is at now or is there anything in the lower levels going on?
  8. Gremin Augur

Its top heavy on the max level side, nothing going on that I am aware of for lower levels. Lots of raid guilds to choose from if thats your cup of tea.
  9. Silinius Augur

My point exactly sir...
  10. jack of all trades Elder

PoR simply sucks, plain and simple. As others have mentioned, no level gains, no AA gains, and pitiful raiding content.

Our entire guild took a break for the duration of the expansion with plans to return for TSS, so PLEASE! Release this early and get us back playing!
  11. jeskola pheerie

Guys into cups of tea and slacker travel agents aside, we could use this. I seriously doubt it will happen, but /signed
  12. Old Man Elder

If there's particular expansions that drive away players, that could be bad for business.

Maybe not all bad . . . I'm sure DBG has internal metrics showing them what really happens to TLP players who quit in the usual "quit" expacs after PoP or whenever. Maybe DBG is capturing their money on other servers, or when they roll out new TLP's.

In any case, it sure would be nice if PoR ended today. I've never heard of anyone enjoying it. The group content is so poor that I never see anyone in my guild doing it. Ever.

Folks are either catching up with older expac group content, or more commonly just not playing EQ except for raids . . . and even the raids aren't too popular.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Future TLPs would benefit from some merging of the 70 expansions. Launch DoN with OoW, then have DoDH and PoR together. There's nothing to do in PoR, the one long quest (scrykin aug) isnt even worth doing. Phinny was extremely quiet during PoR.
  14. Gremin Augur

Quiet isnt the word for Ragefire right now, plus we are doing PoR in the summer so its a double whammy.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't know about driving players away but there are some pretty crappy expansions. I skipped LDoN/GoD/DoN/PoR on Phinny. GoD isn't the worst, really, but something came up about that time so I didn't do it.
  16. Gremin Augur

You see I love GoD, think its top 3 expansion wise. The other 3 are meh.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Ldon should be shortened or bundled with pop.
    Oow should stay as is.
    Don, dodh, and por could all be bundled together in one, or in some other combination, or shortened.

This would benefit DBG profit as well as server health.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Also, open tss vote on ragefire (or get rid of the vote). Then gloat to to your supervisors about how much money you made for the company by doing so, and they will inform Mr. Epstein, and all will rejoice.
  19. Tierdal Augur

play selos, ragefire dead
  20. yerm Augur

Make sure to argue for long unlocks on future tlps. They are CLEARLY awesome.
    code-zero likes this.