Darkness Howls pulling the climbers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenshon, Jun 14, 2019.

1. kenshon Journeyman

What are your strategies for pulling climber mobs once they are clumped up at the top?

Given their positioning I need to be within their cast range to pull, and I die a lot to their snares bringing them back to my group.

Best I've found so far is to pacify and harmonious arrow with my ranger and hope I don't get too many. Harmonious gets me enough time to run out of cast range before they all aggro me.

What do you do?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I haven't done the mission in months but, I would just drag the last mob from each task step to the spawn area of the next step so I could grab all of the mobs at once (or as many as possible).
  3. svann Augur

Deftdance, pull, ae mez.
  4. Mazame Augur

Tricks I use is to run up on the path and aggro 3-4 of them before they make it to the top. this prevents having to many stacked.

For those that do get to the top they move between 3 spots. if the middle spot has none then they wont chain aggro and you can pull the front ones. out on to the area and fight them there so you don't have to deal with the snare.

Pacify works, mez works, put root works. pull from a range then run as they stagger up vine leash and cover tracks should help split a few out.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I run ahead and kill them as they come in.
  6. strongbus Augur

have your group invised. they don't see threw it. split one or 2 out kill with group rinse and repet. that what I do for for this mission. granted I am a necro but still should work for rangers
  7. Kolani Augur

Pull em all, let Tunare sort em out.
    Metanis and Cailen like this.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Pull them all, kill them all
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

When I do the mission basically solo with my paladin (but carrying lower level alts through), here is my strategy:

I engage the last two from the first wave pretty much where they spawn … and also the wanderer that walks back and forth.

I try to make sure that the last 2 of those 3 die about the same time so that the next wave is triggered as I am finishing up with those mobs.

The mobs spawn along the path up the mountain from where you will be so you can generally pull one to three down as they are moving to the platform (there is about a 15 sec delay from the end of the first way until spawn … and then another 15 sec delay until they start moving).

Once I have killed what I could pull, I run back up the mountain to see if I can snag any stragglers. If I can, great. If not, go above the platform and pull one. If more than 3 come, I'll run down the hill to my group and fade if more than 3 are following when I get close.

If I've been extremely unlucky, I'll rinse and repeat but usually by then I can handle the remaining left.

The trick for me is to pick off a few at the beginning before bunch up … and pull down the mountain a decent enough way to have attrition work in my favor if fade fails.
  10. Karhar Dream Crusher

I deflect/shield flash pop sk2.0 and burns and just plop away, cleric barely has to heal.
  11. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

There are two ways I do it...

1.) Pull them all and hit deflection - burn them down with a RoS raid geared paladin and healer merc on reactive with a group geared mage and dps caster merc on burn. Switch to two-hander once there's only 4 or 5 left.

2.) Run up before they do - pull the first 3 or 4 to the far corner (left hand side looking at the hut). Kill those, then pull a mob from the front, kill it and then kill the rest.
  12. Brohg Augur

if I can manage, I pull all 8 at once, on their path up, so's I can not fight around the robots
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If my ranger doesnt have my enc I would use harmonious arrow and hope I get 3 or less if I get more I use cover tracks if i pull a lot I hit weaponshield right away because the merc is just gonna get agro way to fast and just hit burn aa's. When I have enc I will kill the yellow cons pull and just aoe mez them and fight a few at a time. But the best is to get them as there walking to there spots if you can and pick a few at a time helps alot can also be said about the other spots were there all clumped together too. I just hate when i harmony arrow and the mob decides to walk to the back lol no good.

Andarriel
  14. Livvy_CT Elder

I let them path up, I set up and put incapacity on myself (paladin), and pull them all, AE aggro and burn them down
  15. Scorrpio Augur

Go up the path where they spawn and mez like 4. Then kill them. Then on the platform, pacify some until I can split out 1-2. Then repeat.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

im sure your probably a highend raider too. Not everyone is highend in these forums.

Andarriel
  17. feeltheburn Augur

not sure of your group but.....if you have a chanter....makes the mission trivial....could pull em all but mez em and pluck em off one by one....high end raider or not. again, depends on your group make up or heck even a bard too.
  18. TheStugots Augur

I’m not a high end raider. I’m in 100% group gear. Never raided. I also pull them all and burn them down.

Not everyone has to be a high end raider just because they can do something you can’t.
    Sancus and feeltheburn like this.
  19. Dewey Augur

There are many ways to handle this and I've done it on multiple classes. The question is what classes do you have with you for this?
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

guess it depends yes since I don't play with a full group just 2 chars and mercs.

Andarriel