Agnarr Population?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LDEffectsMe, Jun 14, 2019.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

I know I'm a couple years late to the party, but how's the population on Agnarr these days? PoP was the golden era of EQ for me personally, and I'm considering coming over. Hoping the server isn't empty though...
  2. Tierdal Augur

dead, go selo
    andross77 likes this.
  3. LDEffectsMe Augur

Well then. I wasn't considering Selo or Mangler... Those will inevitably progress beyond PoP. The expansion-locked server had intrigued me. Bummer.
  4. Tierdal Augur

its dead cause nobody wants to be stuck in any one expansion
  5. LDEffectsMe Augur

The EQMac Al'Kabor server was locked into Planes of Power (and all the bugs that came with it) for basically a decade. Still had an active population when it was sunset.
  6. Kahna Augur

And yet, Agnarr is dead, so apparently no one who plays EQ these days wants to be stuck in one expansion. Especially when they can just keep starting over and playing through the 5 expansions they liked over and over again each year, meeting new people and getting to relive everything, rather than just being stuck at the end.
    andross77 and Alekyne like this.
  7. Alekyne Journeyman

LDONS FOREVER
  8. Raytheon Augur

Al'Kabor had an active population for so long because it was the only possible choice for some people.
  9. Aziuno Augur

Also Al`Kabor didn't have the rampant power creep that the current TLP's have.

When something is not challenging it gets boring quickly....
    Also like others said, once you have done everything, what else is there to do.... oh a new server that doesn't lock at an expansion.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

I heard about alkabor, and never played it. The thing that struck me as absolutely critically different was the ease of alkabor vs Agnarr.

On Agnarr, Quarm was dead within 5 days or less from what I recall. Not only that, but it was fairly easy. And then after that, it only got significantly easier. But on Alkabor, what I heard was the game was actually hard. Maybe due to numbers or player power creep, or whatever. But modern TLP are extremely easy.

How easy is modern TLP? Well, selo is the true example of how trivial it is. I was part of one of the first groups to level 60, starting naked. Our wizard had 1 piece of hand-me-down gear that he got at level 59.... and he never died. Our ENC, who charmed from the first spell he got... never died while exping... And the raid side? Quarm was dead... again super fast.

Modern EQ is due for some challenge.
  11. Guzzle Augur

Al`Kabor was hard because it was all pre-nerfed PoP content. There were things that were glitched, unbeatable, etc. Couple that with lack of raw numbers and it was pretty tough. I also think that you couldn't piggy, so you had to do a full back flag to get a new member caught up.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

People seem to forget this.
  13. Xeris Augur

First off: It really depends on what you consider to be 'dead.' If you're expecting low level zones teeming with people to group with, then sure, it's 'dead.' There are still ~4-6 active raiding guilds, 3 of them are clearing all the content on a weekly basis still. Many of these guilds have people actively playing throughout the day. There are people leveling alts, there are new people returning.

If you're low level, you can get leveled pretty easily because there's folks buffing in POK. If you're persistent you can almost always find or make groups. It may just take some effort.

My guild has picked up ~5-6 people in the last few weeks who are brand new to the server and recently leveled.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's true. If you want to see a true dead server go to the early TLP's where they literally don't have a raid force online, sometimes even a group force.

Agnarr is relatively "dead" because it was so popular when it was in it's prime. But there are still a lot of players there and certainly guilds still raiding. Coirnav will probably "die" before Agnarr...
  15. Stagentti Augur

How is the low level grouping situation on Selo?
  16. LDEffectsMe Augur

This is the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I don't need a server overflowing with people... But my last experience in EQ was the Trakanon server. That place is literally a ghost town. I made my own fun there for a while, soloing AA's in the low 50's as a shaman. I got both my epic 1.0 and an AoN from PoFear because some guy was soloing it and said all his characters already had one. That's how dead Trakanon was.

I had fond memories in PoP and I was just hoping I could level another healer (probably cleric) and at least get into some BoThunder groups again. Of course, that's aiming fairly low and I wouldn't mind raiding in EQ.
  17. Malkavius Augur

If you think you might want to join agnarr I'm coming back today and starting a warrior. Can duo and group while lvling since the server isn't all that dead really.
  18. Tininea New Member

Agnarr is far from dead and buried as servers go, there are still active guilds raiding, plenty of activity at different levels for grouping, it just depends on what time of day you play as to how active it appears.

My advise is to make a couple of characters on different TLP servers and see for yourself what they are like. You might enjoy the atmosphere on Agnarr, or you could fine that you like being able to "skip" the first expansions and quickly catch up with people without having to worry about being "behind the curve" that Selo's offers.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo is still to be determined in my mind. Some guilds already seem to catering to the "not care about current era" crowd and that might be the future of the tlp. It's going to be fast and furious and it looks like ldon is wasting no time in reminding people why they quit EQ last time.
  20. Nolrog Augur

Now who could have ever predicted that!?!?!

(sarcasm font)