Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

Sigh.

As corwyhn explained (and, as I explained and you didn't read/comprehend) it is a solo task cause when you request it, only you get the task. Aka, not your entire group. Ya know, the opposite of a group task Just you. Solo. This does not mean you can solo a solo task. It means that the task is only given to you and updates as you and you alone complete it.

It's quest name is in white letters in your quest window. Where as a group task (the opposite of a solo task) is in purple letters.

Does it make sense yet darlin'?
    Belexes likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

I go back through Ashes whenever someone needs lamps, it's a pretty easy quick chest to check. Folks repeating Darkness Howls are doing so for exp, I presume. It's not a mystery they're not "grinding" Ashes mission that has only two or three kills in it, just one if you're lucky and/or good.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No. They need to go the other way.

The introduction of type 3 augs and slots on gear in Secrets of Faydwer was a way to prolong farming (okay...maybe add some extra umph to spells too). Remember that not all non-visible items had type 3 slots (usually a non-type 3 version and one with type 3 slot) so you had to pick and choose generally as a grouper which spells were most important to you.

Now all non-visible items have type 3 slots (okay...not the evolving stuff). Spells/discs have aa focus lines. It's just busy work each new expansion to add them in (and there always a few forgotten that people get upset about). It's not worth the hassle.

Keep the type 3 slots (cause some folks like old stuff) and just fold all the spell boosts into the actual spells and/or the aa focus lines.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Combo type 3 augs.

Put +bash on the tank evolving shoulders while your at it plzkthx =P
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

They were also a progression reward. The augments had to be unlocked on the faction vendors.
  6. eqgamer Augur

Please, for the love of Innoruuk, do not lock zones behind progression. Please? Por favor? S’il vous plait? Bitte? Per favore? Prosze? Ka-ru-na? Proshu? Alstublieft? Ignore all the “I love the difficulty and challenge of unlocking zones” gibberish.
  7. Allayna Augur

Progression locked zones are great! They keep the toons who are 15 levels too low out who are just there begging for rots. They limit the training from people have zero concept of invis. And OMG...they give you something to work on?!?!?!
    Viltaire likes this.
  8. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Epic 3.0’s...been far too long.
  9. Truklin Elder

I have always been a fan of the "Discord" flavor expansions, GoD,OOW, last tier of SoD... a new Discord expansion would be nice, could couple it with a long but rewarding BiC 2.0 quest.

Type 3 aug revamp mentioned by others would be great as well.. As is some classes cant fit all of the useful type 3 augs on their gear, meanwhile other classes still wearing + atk from LDON raids. Consolidating all of this into Focus aa's you can get via turning in the type 3 augs to a particular NPC and them giving you a passive aa in return would be nice.
    You could make the new set of standard template "increase dmg by x" or "reduce cooldown by x" type 3 augs harder to come by, maybe purchaseable with a decent amount of group mission currency so its not as simple as "spend small amount of plat, hand to npc, profit"
  10. NeverPayForLag Augur

Nice generalization and a wired definition meanwhile of solo tasks...
    Who said it.. ? Where is it written... ? Who defined that...?
  11. Intenso Augur

Raid and group merchant moves around the zones like Marcia and only sells so many items
  12. Tucoh Augur

OG "Solo Task": Getting a raid together to help someone finish their epic quest. Not soloable, but it's for a solo person.

What nomenclature would you prefer to use to separate shared/group vs "tasks that one person has and only that person reaps the benefits from"?

Frankly I'd be happy to remove almost all solo tasks from any expansion just to make them less cumbersome to box.
    Graves, IblisTheMage and Cadira like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

The current budget for DBG wouldn't do epic 3.0's the respect they deserve.

But I totally wouldn't mind an yuge quest added with the next expansion that all classes could do that would take them to all different locations in the game with top-level mobs to fight. Something like adding 5 levels to this to the Coldain Ring:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1291

without just being "Do a few extra things as you do the other quests in this expansion" (Crestra earring) or "Do collectibles/hunter in this expansion" (current expansion achievements).

It might be weird for Dain Frostreaver to ask you to go to Valdeholm, Rathe Council Chambers, Txevu, Thundercrest Isles, Windsong Sanctuary, Heart of Fear, Argin Hiz, Sverag or Convorteum, but I'd love to take a trip to some of those far-flung locations to go stomp 110 level-appropriate mobs.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not enough beggars to matter. Invis? Even in unlocked expansions I rarely ever got trained due to invis issues and when I did it was mostly when camped near a zone out.

The something to work on thing has some merit. Though when people complain about progression being too hard all the raiders say they got it done in two days. So why waste time on locking stuff behind progression when it is apparently so easy for raiders they get it done in no time at all. I guess it does leave the zones empty of most casuals for a while though.......

BUT maybe those folks were exagerating. How long did it take you to do the group progression for TBL. Did it keep you occupied for a few months at least?
  15. Allayna Augur

A few hours. You need the group progression to request raids silly.

I enjoy having an end zone or few zones that are not all accessible to everyone. If you wanna play there, take the adventure, conquer the content and then play with others who have done the same.

Honestly, locked zones with more difficult content should prevent a large amount of the whining about how difficult the content is....

The T1 zones should be those base pop (devs hate the term "trash mobs") mobs that have a few mechanics, eg. knockback or rampage or a dot, whatever...
    Bosses should be a range of tank n spank to position based emotes to DDs and DoTs.
    T2 zones should be locked (behind the T1 progression) and be slightly more difficult with the second tier group drops.
    T3 zones should be locked behind all of the previous tiers progression and have some group quested items, more emotes, see-invis and difficulty appropriate for an end tier. Think VP from RoS. I also liked the group drop/quest model that was raid upgrade-able.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. NeverPayForLag Augur

mh... would be the next step after TBL to remove solo and molo players from the game.
    I doubt that this is healthy but the solo/moloers who really want to play that game will then go into heavy boxing or simply leave. I would bet they will make more accounts, level F2P up and try it with a box and perhaps buy only the last years expansion for a cheaper price. And if it needs a bit too much time they simple use botting software. But wait... this is no prediction - exactly that happened to a very large extent in RoS and now after TBL you see mainly boxes or botters. And this will increase with that mindset in the future. I would call it "sub-optimal".

I would plead for a kind of EoK mindset. Playable content for everybody instead of only heavy groupers or raiders. Content for any one who pays money or will pay gold and expansion:

- Raids for raiders (optional: hard and easy mode with slighty different loot table)
    - 12-group challenges (PoW style) for the groupers who needs challenges
    - ancients-style tasks to support open-wide-group-style play-field
    - normal group tasks with 2 different difficulties (with optional different loot tables)
    - solo tasks which need support by friends
    - solo/molo tasks which are possible to do REALLY solo/molo
    - a progression were the "grouping" part is possible to solve like in EoK
    - a progression addition for the challenges (-> Conquests)

Something for everybody like in the good old days.
    We had now so many nice ideas how to make an expansion. The biggest problem was always:

- bugs at release date
    - difficulty for groupers
    - esp. in TBL: locks behind ridiculous difficult tasks which are intermingled with loot which is useless after beaten (esp. the T1-mixup with T2) - at least an option to bypass it with a guild or friends was there

It is simple to check what parts are really cool. Which expansion/zone is still precious today? Which one is still played today? Which one are avoided like the pest? Then it is very clear what is useful and needed!
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So you stated progression was to give people something to do but it only took you 2 hours. I guess you were only talking about raid progression then. No need to lock content behind progression in the group game if it only takes two hours to get done.
  18. Gana Augur

As a casual (ex-raider), I would prefer the HoT type of progression. T1&2 unlocked, T3&4 locked behind progression that by the time you have T1&2 *group* gear is minimally challenging though a little tedious. Although I enjoyed TDS (since it has a similar design), Caverns of Endless Song was (and still is) the bane of my existence.
    Elyssanda and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think we will get 4 tiers again but leave the tier 3 locked in the method you say sounds reasonable.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Basically correct, you get enough people together at launch to knock out the bare minimum requirement to request raids. Since TBL tier 1 raids did not require alot it was fairly quick.

I absolutely loved the “ancients” from EoK, Cresta/other quested items in RoS, evolving items from TBL... so if those type of items/events/quests could be implemented that would be sweet!

Honestly dont about locked zones, I would like achievements looked at tho for missions/raids. Example: Firelings... thats a crap load of time! I dont mind it but if I can cc 10 mobs, why not just go ahead and make it 7 or 8. Not asking for stupid easy mode but look at timing etc. basically riposted it to death waiting for all the mobs to spawn. Also the cheesemnt in Hoskar raid where you had to ride the doober up top was cool!