@Daybreak Trading One Mangler Problem for Another

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wildfires, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Wildfires Elder

Dear People in Charge,
    With this impending transportation "Nerf" our emergency Evac's will be gone. So a rise in training of 10x at any contested camp or even traveling to a camp will occur. The options will then become Die or Train to zone-line which means Training in general will increase 20x. You'll have said you dont have resources to police this issue. Thus the game on Mangler becomes unplayable. Enjoy

I see two other better options. One make all named in EQ Charm Immune. Two "Nerf" Charm on TLP's. By either add an extra 0 to the spell lines or just disable it until say Planes of Power Expansion.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Are we sure Succor/Evac spells are affected by the change?
  3. Aegir Augur

Succor/Evac should be un-touched by these changes.
  4. Meredyth Augur

I’m mainly concerned that this teleport nerf doesn’t actually fix any problems while actually reducing functionality and options in game.
  5. Wildfires Elder

It says "Transportation Spells" So thats what Gate? Translocate? Evac/Succor? Even Call of the Hero? Wording applies that its more than just Gate. More people should be up in Arms atm.
  6. Felouire New Member

This is such a drama post. It is just making translocation and zephyr spells for travel only. Not as "evac" spells. Take your salt somewhere else.
    andross77, Thalliius and Accipiter like this.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

8. KronoKing Elder

but does this fix the res charm trick? i mean res isnt a teleportation spell... and having a res window open before u charm something is the best way for these people to charm gate.

it is a crappy change for those that like to charm certain mobs then coth back to their group, ie people with disco's froglok illis wizards at juggs. but we will adjust i guess, gonna suck picking over to juggs then running from juggs up to shrooms to charm a pet or something.

they should just apply this change to NAMED mobs or make named mobs immune. ruining quality of life things for all npcs seems silly.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

My guess would be there's no such simple fix as just making all rare-flagged mobs immune to charm or that is not the sole intent of the change.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

That never should have been possible, IMO.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Fizon Elder

Evac always zones you even if your right next to the succor point it wouldn't work with charm in the first place
  12. Prathun Developer

There is some overlap in the Venn diagram of "things I'm fighting that I don't want others to charm and disappear with" and "things flagged as rare spawns", but they are not the same set.
  13. Jaera Augur

EQ Resource had the spell changes up almost instantly, and you could see exactly what this affected.

This only affects any spell or AA that is a "translocate" or a "zephyr", IE: opening a dialog box that punts you to another place. Gate is not affected, group teleports are not affected, clicking an item like a gate potion or anchor is not affected.

This appears to primarily target AE TL which is used to avoid certain harmful mechanics on a few random fights, such as Vishimtar (not being able to find a ghost in time) or Brekt (not getting cured in time and powering Brekt up), or in more general to pop a TL to let people get out of a wipe situation.
    andross77 likes this.
  14. Arrk Augur

But now, the pendulum swings way to far in the other direction. Box crews can just now take any mob they want..... the nuclear arms race is now in he who has the most boxes that use illegal 3rd party programs.

How about fixing the real issue? Maybe making the key farming actually reasonable so that the charm gating tactics were deterred is a much better option?
  15. Audarya New Member

the question is, will the mobs remember damage from your charm pet when someone dispels your pet? Plenty of times ive had my pet chain dispelled so that a group could steal the mob or camp I was at.
  16. Spooky Augur

Why is the change to translocate in combat necessary if charmed mobs break when players teleport?
  17. Prathun Developer

What gives you the impression that the changes to Translocate are related to charm?
  18. Prathun Developer

I have lost count of the number of changes we've made to Kunark key piece quest content.

And... there is some overlap in the Venn diagram of "things I'm fighting that I don't want others to charm and disappear with" and "things that drop VP key quest pieces", but they are not the same set.
  19. yerm Augur

Could you clear up what it IS being made to combat against? My assumption was training, with potentially a couple encounters (eg vish) cleaned up. The problem is it really hurts time phase 1, xegony burn strat, or just trying to leave a trash clear raid like ntov for an emergency.

If its what I suspect, I implore you to not go through with it just to stop trains - tl trains are a tiny subset and easily replicated with other "boxes" to drop agro+mobs. If It's to nerf a mob, please just add something for gating to brekt etc, it's not very many raids is it?
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Having a box up was an easy way for people to train and grief. I'm guessing that is what it combats.

Maybe they don't want to say that because not every griefer knows about it.