What happens with augs going forward?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Jun 13, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

So with ldon we were blessed with augs. Its a nice new way to personalize the game to your playstyle. Unfortunately, ldon the actual gameplay is right up there with farming spiroc island for 1 dkp per hour. Long story short, I'm not entirely sure what I'm having for lunch but i certainly don't know why levitate in Fire is a thing.

But in future expansions what options do we have to acquire augs? I hear some people say ldons are relevant to level 70 or 80 but that seems... disappointed. With pantheon on the brink of release im just not sure most of my guild will be around later this year. If i need to go hard on ldon asap i'd love to know from vets. Thank you.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

There are a few augs in GoD that matter, other then BIC. Really necessary augs don't drop till CoA. Those have 90 hme and heroics. Unless your absolutely invested in being bis, augs in Ldon are skippable
  3. Zapsos Augur

The exception being the 8% Dodge mod. But you have until Type 3 augs come back to get that one...
  4. jeskola pheerie

I have this on my sk, should I keep a crap piece of gear to have this Aug loaded, or use the newer gear without type 3 slot?(Ragefire lvl 70 por era)
  5. Machentoo Augur

There are a few items here and there with slots where you can use it, but generally as a tank I bank it and use current gear if you aren't able to get a piece of current gear with a type 3.
    Zapsos and jeskola like this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

As others have mentioned, there are better options for augs soon. If you are a tank, you should get as many of the ldon AC augs as possible, and the raid augs will be used for a few expansions (even the 10 ac augs from points are going to last you an expansion or two.) If you are a caster or healer, the +spec augs do not get replaced for ~10 expansions, so those are must have items for raiders. But most of the group augs are close to worthless and will be replaced very soon.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Just for reference, here are the type 7 groupable augs from GoD :

8. Coppercoz Augur

I believe the LDON pet aug gets used by certain pet classes for quite a while. I could be wrong on that. Tanks generally chase the AC augments, melee dps chase the +weapon dmg augments, and I’m not sure what casters really need them for. I think a lot of em just like to boost their hps up to look at.

It gives you something to spend dkp on.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

10. Boze TLP complaint factory

The Shard of Eternal Pain that procs the swarm pets is better damage than any raw damage or proc aug for a beastlord (thanks to companions fury AAs) until SoD. Some raid mechanics or AEs can make it useless, but for most content it will out parse any other aug. I suspect it's solid for bards until a similar era due to underwhelming double attack.
  11. malaki Augur

A number of raid augs last quite awhile. Specialization caster augs, 30 and 35 AC augs, Pet proc aug, etc. Vendor augs are mostly whatever, you'll replace most of them very quickly.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

With pantheon on the brink of release im just not sure most of my guild will be around later this year.

I don't know what brink of release means to you but Pantheon most likely won't be out for atleast 2 years.
    Craized likes this.
  13. Craized Lorekeeper

You beat me to it. Pantheon isn’t even in alpha yet.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

Wonder if OP actually meant WoW Classic instead of Pantheon.
  15. Gremin Augur

Also how relevant augs are to you depends on if you raid also. If you raids augments are must, and depending on class different ones will matter. LDoN raids used to be a crap show, now while they are boring there is a few augments worth the time and investment as they last forever in some cases.
  16. Pizzaparty New Member

Pantheon is never coming out. Ever.

Boze likes this.
  17. Bewts Augur

The specialization augs from LDoN have some legs for most casters.
    AC augs have legs as well but you’ll go from 20 to 25 to some 30 to 25 hp/ac ones through PoR.
    The most notable aug for a while is going to be the 30 AC aug that fits in type 4 and 7 (I think) from LDoN everfrost as it has legs for a long time for those who care about AC.
    The next one would be the BIC augment quest. Highly suggest if you want this to do it in-era simply because some of the raid zones are aids and places no one wants to go back to once Omens is out.
    Anguish augs are very farmable with a group or three and worth the effort to obtain all of them.

Most proc augments are meh with a few exceptions like the swarm pet procs for BST and maybe some hate procs. Personally I’d prefer in most cases the best damage augments if you’re worried about aggro or DPS, they have much better legs for expansions to come.
  18. Spayce Augur

My Coirnav SK just broke 12k hp and 1k ac after attending every PoTime and LDoN raid (DZ only) since those expansions released. From LDoN raids I have acquired the 4+1 aug for my Greatblade, the 35ac aug for my shield, a 25ac aug for hands slot, a 3 and 4 herioc sta aug, 2 of the 70hp augs, and the magic DD aug for an earring slot.

So that's 8 spots so far filled by raid augs in over a month of LDoN raiding. I have to assume the aug accumulation rate will be similar in GoD. Long story short...it will take a lot of raiding to fill all slots with raid augs, even in GoD. So in my opinion, the LDoN mission augs are required to fill those gaps in the meantime.

I got 5 of the 40hp augs and 5 of the 10ac augs for a total of 8300 points. That's 108 named missions on normal. Considering those each take ~15 mins to 6 box, it wasn't too bad to bang out 5-6 per night and fill 10 slots with decent augs while I wait for better raid augs.
    Gremin likes this.