Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brohg Augur

I wish for daily duplicate lunch & dinner breaks for Dzarn , for him to still work straight through (obviously) but for the second pair to be Spell Dev time. "Superfood smoothies and a catheter" care packages as proxy for additional hires

And I wish for un-nerfings on Wildmagic & Warlord's Grasp.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Sounds like Frostcrypt King iirc.

Edit: and how dare you suggest more raid tool setups that have odd setups!
  3. mmats Augur

One wish - change Bite of Tashani back to instant cast you cretins wonderful human beings.
    Metanis and Allayna like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

I’m sure you’ll get it back to instant with focus AAs in a future expansion....
  5. Morthakia Augur

I agree that folks shouldn’t be able to get raid gear without raiding, but the evolving chase loot isn’t raid gear, its evolving chase loot. It has a whole unique set of requirements that are all massive time sinks.

As for “if you don’t raid, you don’t need these items:” As was evidenced from the expansion launch, group content proved and continues to prove very challenging for many group geared characters. The items make the group game easier. Yes, it is beatable without raid gear, but I could make the precise same argument for raiding TBL. When the expansion launched, guilds with no TBL raid gear were able to take down the Tier 1 raids with ease. Same was true when they broke into Tier 2 with extremely limited amounts of TBL raid gear — these raids fell quickly. Mearatas is arguably the only raid (I suspect) where TBL gear can make a big difference.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Lisard like this.
  6. Daedly Augur

A raid, maybe not exactly like this, but...

Then a tank and spank later in the expac with a single boss, with old school single target rampage mechanic, that has 3x the normal HP for that expac for DPS to play with and that fades it's target every 90sec so that warriors not already tanking need to make sure they are the top if hate list all the times. Also that there are 2 to 3 mini's that have a high Regen that need to off tanked the entire raid and if are killed just respawn for the knights. An AE at the boss with a range of about 150 with 12second duration that reduces HME by 50% if not cured. Finally 8 continuesly spawning staggered adds that spawn to be CC'd consisting of 3 random NPC types. One type can be snared and rooted, one snared and stunned, the other snared and mezzed, all 3 types fade their target every 45 seconds and have a random despawn time of 2 to 3 mins with instant respawn. That should give CC classes something to do. Just for fun
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well. this ONLY rewards the DPS Raiders, and leaves out the healing Raiders. (As in Raid setups that survive by out healing, not by out DPS'ing... I'm not talking individual players)
    FawnTemplar, Axxius and Whulfgar like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How about we keep the risks moderate to group gear players AND acknowledge that at least a certain amount of boxing is here to stay. And acknowledge that moderate risk to raider level players let alone gear can be problematic for a lot of group players. I realize that hard content is more fun for the highest end players if it gives them something the rest of the playerbase can't get but lets make some hard versions of content that just help evolve raid gear while leaving the regular versions of the content a moderate and enjoyable challenge for group players that may contain boxers or lower level guildies.

Lets keep the crazy stuff at the end of expansions and NOT block or make convoluted progression the alternative. And maybe acknowledge how popular GMM was although I agree it is heavily on the easier side of things.

You may think leaving in ways around hard progression works but it also makes no sense whatsoever. Oh we are going to make some very hard initial missions but you don't have to do them.

Give group players a reasonable chance to get all their group gear (GMM was an anniversary thing so maybe too easy as part of a regular expansion) but group players should not have to wait for hours some evenings to get enough DPS to do a trial. Plan on less then ideal groups and plan on people who don't have all their trophies, all their savior bonuses etc etc.
  9. Lisard Silly

the harder you DPS the boss the Stronger its AE's/emotes become, the slower your dps, theres x more emotes/ae's that happen
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would love to see the same level of engagement from the devs on getting the grouping casual game right as we see in getting the raiding game right. And yeah it takes a bit more work because the vast majority of group non raiders won't be here stating their case. Doesn't make them any less needed or their subs any less valuable to DBG though.
  11. Laronk Augur

I want a auction house like in modern MMO's

I hate having to swap out my bags and setup a seller or having to change characters, I can't sell while I'm playing. A lot of people don't sell items for this reason, it would help the ingame economy and instead of fixing the 2million plat issue in the bazaar this would be a new system where you could... sell things for more than 2 million.

I'd gladly pay a 10% auction house fee.
    KarmaKitty, Krool and Brohg like this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I like the overall idea, my only "against it" thought: would a raid be satisfied waiting around twiddling their thumbs while the rogues to do their

Thanks for the ideas :)
  13. Laronk Augur

Not that its a good reason, but I think you see less engagement is its really easy to test the group game as opposed to raids and they get lots of feedback on the forums right away when something is wrong in the group game.
  14. Allayna Augur

You mean....like Esianti or Empyr 2?
  15. Allayna Augur

I would say, not really, downtime = afk.

I like events where you can choose, either CC the adds....root, Metz, charm etc or kill them...this gives us something to do while working on achievements that require us to go much slower than we normally do.

And I know DPS....hates sitting on their hands.
  16. Lisard Silly

kinda ya, it was in response to nGreths "what about the raid healers" comment...if your DPSing hard and AE's/Emotes are hitting harder, now your raiding healers have to heal harder =P, if you dps slow, now more AEs/ emotes are happening per xtime, now your healers gotta sustain.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

\
    They can at least look at examples. For the casual groupers TBL was virtually saved by GMM. GMM was overly easy as it was an anniversary bonus but something between there and the initial TBL would be nice.

I am really disappointed that the level of data mining possible in EQ is still rudimentary from what I can tell. I guess expected from an old game but you could hope for better.

I agree that the group game is harder to get a handle on. You won't find organized guilds of groupers pouring over spell data and parses then giving their opinions nearly as much as you will find it in the raid game. I just think there has to be a way to make the group game less hit and miss and to also better take into regard the gear and playing differences between group players and raiders.

Easy answer is groupers can get the same info as raiders, dig in figure strats and play as hard core. Reality is a lot won't they all have families, jobs and responsibilities but want to keep playing the game they love. But DBGs bottom line is about holding on to the player base. I just think it is in their own best interest in finding a way to hold on to those that are not that hard core nor are in a guild of hard cores who will teach and carry through the non hard core raiders.

In some ways its unfair. The vocal folks feel they are stating their cases and rightfully get listened to by the devs. And yeah in some ways that outcome is the most fair I can admit that. I just don't think it is going to keep the game around for nearly as long though.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Duder Augur

Past expansions currency should NEVER exchange to current expansions raid currency, that may just be one of the very worst ideas I have ever heard in 20 years of playing Everquest.
  19. Lilura Augur

If players can't sit still for five minutes they should consider adderall.

And if you use them I expect free expansion keys. :) Six boxes = expensive
  20. Mazame Augur

Ok how about a Mastermind style raid ?
    4 mobs spawn (Fire, Earth, Air, Water) You must kill them in order. once all 4 are dead if you did it in the right order then you win. If you failed then they re-spawn. Now in Mastermind your given clue when you fail to help you on the next try. so in this case if a mob was killed in the right order when it respawns it will be 1/2 the size.

Example the kill order would be random so let say the Correct order for this run is Air, Fire , Water, Earth.

The raid kills Earth, Air, Water then Fire. because water was killed 3rd and is the correct order it would spawn 1/2 the size.

So now the raid kills Air Earth Water Fire.. Again a fail but this time the re-spawn Air and water are 1/2 size.

So the Raid now know the correct order and kills Air, Fire , Water, Earth. = Win

The challenge here is the more time it re-spawn the the longer the event takes. You could also start them out small and each mob killed in the wrong order would get bigger and hit harder.

If you wanted to make it even harder you could have the Mobs change color and you need to kill them in the correct color order.

My point being you don't need to have a tank and spank event for it to be fun.