Could we get an Evolving items trade-in quest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nightops, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Nightops Augur

title says it all.

Several players continue to look for just 1 of the 4 evolving items in the FF task. I personally have only seen 1 glove drop total but have given away at least a dozen combined of the other 3.

With the expansion half over and the amount of killing required to evolve the items; and likely being limited to TBL / GMM only in the future expansions. Could we get an NPC to give us a quest to turn in 1 item to get a reward box which would allow us to claim 1 of the 3 other items ?

Example... turn in ring and get an option to claim 1 of the other 3.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

3. Ghubuk Augur

Don't sugar coat it Ngreth, tell us what you really think.
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

5. Livvy_CT Elder

Least he took time out of his day to respond
  6. svann Augur

7. Moege Augur

8. Ibudin Augur

Lol the people asking for the easy button continually.

NO
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Cailen Augur

10. Dewey Augur

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." — Inigo Montoya

You could do this for the player base. You choose not to. The quest and pieces are easy enough as it is, no reason to make it easier. However, no was not the 4.0 response. =p
  11. Nightops Augur

I guess asking to change the drop rates would be out of the question?
    Oh wait... you've already done that a few months ago.

Asking for a trade-in quest is not 'the easy button'. I have seen over 25 chase item drops but only 1 of those was the glove slot. That's the RNG at 4% instead of the the expected 25% chance for the gloves.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not how that one is setup :)
    Each INDIVIDUAL boss can drop a SPECIFIC one of the 4 items at a low chance. I.E. one drops gloves, another drops boots, the third drops shoulders, the fourth drops the ring.
    Rolaque, Whulfgar and Allayna like this.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

really? no.
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Axxius Augur

In other words, all you need is 4 total drops of any kind.

No.
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Very interesting!
  16. Cicelee Augur

As someone who only has two of the four items...

No.
    Sheex and Whulfgar like this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Sheex and Whulfgar like this.
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

If it was remotely viable.. id suggest you would have to turn in 8 of like items to receive a quest that would reward you with a tradeskill combination container where you would have to place 3 non like items and a 4th rare material to make said missing item.

Example: you want a ring but have looted 8 shoulders, 4 glovers, and 2 boots. You turn in the 8 rings get a quest to complete.. ya know run around to old zones and do mini tasks, complete it and get a 4 slot box. Now insert 1 boot, 1 shoulder, 1 more ring you need to drop, and lets just say a hope stone or better yet! Pryliean flame thing from making AP seals, put in box and it makes the item not inserted into the box!
  19. Allayna Augur

20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Can we get +bash on the tank shoulders, and +kick or whatever other classes need on the melee ones? =P