DBG please consider allowing transfer from Coirnav to Selos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FaloverC, Jun 11, 2019.

1. FaloverC Journeyman

I invested heavily into my two accounts on Coirnav. I bought bags and potions and mounts and I spent countless hours finishing my Aid Grimel quest only to have the server pop vanish due to DBG opening TWO new TLP servers.

Coirnav is a ghost town. I request that you allow players on Coirnav transfer their characters to Selo as they are on the same expac. I love this game, but DBG keeps chasing me out of it.
    Icaen likes this.
  2. Icaen Elder

Minimum they can do really. If server life can't be improved, allow transfers off. It makes sense.
  3. Monkman Augur

Lol

Don’t worry Selos will be a ghost town when they release next years TLP. Haven’t you all learned yet?
    Sleaze likes this.
  4. Sleaze New Member

Feel free to reroll, or transfer to any live server to continue your EQ experience.
  5. FaloverC Journeyman

Why bother replying with trite nonsense? This is a reasonable request.
    Thalliius likes this.
  6. Ajjantis Elder

If anyone wants to re-roll on Selo, you are welcome to join us. Send me a tell on Ajjantis and i'll throw you a guildinvite. We have over 100 active members. Theres always someone online, no matter what time zone you play and i'll throw in some plat for you to buy some starter spells.

Leveling on Selo is ultra fast compared to the other TLPs and GoD is hitting the Server in about 20 days.

Its a perfect time to re-roll.

Other than that: Good luck on getting transfers. I wouldnt mind either!
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't see any issue with allowing transfers to TLPs of equal or greater progression unless there are just technical limitations, up to and including things like "it would just take time we don't have to implement a system that would allow for this." I can see each server being an exception to the rule of how transfers work, and requiring its own coding to be made to work. I don't think that's necessarily a worthwhile use of development time.

It seems superficially obvious that TLPs draw a large crowd when they are launched which will slowly dwindle over time because people don't necessarily want to play through the entire life cycle of Everquest's expansions. Obvious enough that while I feel sorry people make the mistake of dumping real money into items that will be locked to a character on a server that is doomed to fizzle out as it ages, I can't really consider it a mistake made in complete ignorance of the inevitable outcome.

I'm not going to stand in the way of an idea like this and advocate against it, but I can't really support it more than saying, "yeah, sure, if it doesn't take away from other concerns."
    Icaen likes this.
  8. Thalliius Augur

I would love if they allowed transfers from Coirnav to Selos, but I think they would have to wait another 2-3 months before allowing that because Coirnav toons would be so much more heavily geared.

My bard on Coirnav has more hitpoints and AC than my raid warrior on Selos. They would need to let Selos mature another month or two into me expansions before allowing a wave of PoTime geared toons to flood in

They also shouldn’t allow any platinum to transfer with them or gear other than what they have equipped, and store bought items

Would absolutely love if they did this, they could charge $50 per transfer and id still do it for at least 3 toons. It would give DBG a nice income boost and also help keep the Selos population propped up long term
  9. Tierdal Augur

whichtlp is that?
  10. Monkman Augur

The one they release every year. Might as well just call them seasons servers. Every year people complain that “their” tlp server is now a ghost town because of the new ones released.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  11. Thalliius Augur

Selos is the least likely to be a ghost town compared to mangler. Everyone went there knowing it was a Luclin start with 1 month releases for expacs, so that was the draw for people who wanted to experience more of the EQ content outside of classic. It’s unique and not the same cookie cutter TLP which is where it has the advantage long term

Mangler is your run of the mill classic addicts who love repeating that content for either the nostalgia, simplicity, familiarity or ability to RMT. Just like all the classic starts before it, those same people are going to flock to a new TLP with a classic start to rinse & repeat all over again. The only thing Mangler has going for it is the faster XP compared to like Coirnav. No one is going to stick around long term on a 3 month unlock server that started in classic.

I got screwed with timing on coming back to EQ. I decided to come back to EQ back in November 2018 and learned about the TLP servers, but Coirnav was the latest one out at the time so I chose that for the most fresh start where it had just started the Luclin expac. I didn’t realize how dreadful the experience would be there... if it had Mangler experience rates I’d still be playing on it. The sole reason I left is because I have a life and cant spend 4 hours grinding in a night just to get like 2 yellows into a level, or like 4 AA when you need literally HUNDREDS. I’m not judging but I’ve noticed a lot of people who play this game in the guilds I’ve been in on Coirnav and Selos don’t have jobs for one reason or another.. and they’re often the people who don’t think XP rates are an issue, or don’t think it’s bad to have to camp something for 48 straight hours as if that is normal behavior/gaming habits. Sure I suppose I wouldn’t care either if I had 16 hours a day to spend on the game

You’ll have your people on Mangler that are like me and want to actually stick it out on server to see all the content, but a ton of people just want to keep playing classic to Velious or whatever over and over because that’s their comfort zone and they’re good at it... and probably has a lot to do with them having buckets of spare time to deal with the insane grinding and fighting over camps that comes with those earlier expansions
    FaloverC, Icaen and Volts like this.
  12. yerm Augur

No it is not. I came here hoping for a meme thread and instead am disappointed to find out it was laughably serious.

You don't merge an old server into a new server. If coirnav needs to be merged, you merge it into phinny.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Completely disagree (and I don't play on either). It's going to be damned hard to stay current on Selo's once it hits SoF and later. Maybe even before that. We don't know yet how people will react to that.
  14. Tierdal Augur

Thats the entire challenge. Thats why we are here.

The "ghost town" folks are all on Mangler and will be gone as soon as Luclin launches ... in a year.
  15. yerm Augur

I don't know how selos will do against wow classic, lvl 80+ expansions, and/or the next tlp launch. Maybe well, maybe limping along, maybe death.

Mangler isn't a mystery - it's a phinny clone just like coirnav. It will have the same problems as coirnav.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Not exactly. Coirnav had that awful XP rate. Does that matter? I'm not sure.
    FaloverC likes this.
  17. SunDrake Augur

I believe players should ALWAYS be able to transfer from one to TLP to another provided the destination server is further progressed. It gives TLPs the same flexibility that live has in terms of looking for a guild that truly meets your needs. That said, I have maxed characters on Phinigel, Agnarr, Coirnav, and now Selo's. I dont *need* to transfer characters, but I believe its a healthy idea and would participate myself with certain characters.

PS, as for the above post that worried about flooding Selo's with inflated Coirnav player power. I don't think that is an issue. If someone went from Coirnav to Selo you can assume they worked harder, for longer for every level, AA, or piece of gear they have. Let's not pretend that Selo's doesn't pretty much just hand you 1-60 [I've done 3 characters in like a month now?] - this was certainly not the case on Coirnav, haha.
    FaloverC and Icaen like this.
  18. Gremin Augur

Actually its not a reasonable request. Its been asked non stop since Phini server dropped after the debacle that was the LJ/RF server releases, and Daybreak specifically said instancing will never happen. Then POOF, there is instancing.....

I get the frustration, as I heavily invested in multiple iterations of different servers over the years. It cuts into their bottom line of money, so they will not do it.
  19. Krezzy Augur

Would you explain your reasoning here? It seems like this change could help retain customers. As long as the cash keeps coming in, what difference does the server make?
    Icaen likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

I dont think dbg makes decisions based purely on generating revenue.

I mean there are so many decisions ive seen that make little financial sense. I think a lot of it, the more i am here, comes down to corporate games and being severely understaffed. Unfortunately both of these are tough on the consumer because you're essentially forced to "vote with your wallet."