Thanks Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boze, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

Y'all complained about charm enough that we get an across the board nerf to all translocate spells.

E.g.,

Teleport:
    - Cast Out of Combat Restriction changed from '' to 'Out of Combat'
    - Description changed from 'Opens an arcane portal that teleports all nearby allies to their bind point.' to 'Opens an arcane portal that teleports all nearby allies to their bind point. The caster and their targets must be out of combat.'

Thank you for complaining about mechanics that have existed forever and ruining them for everyone. Enjoy your efreeti boots?

Also thanks for whatever this means? I'm sure it will work flawlessly and you can kill an HG or two.
    -NPCs will now remember damage credit when charmed.
    -NPCs will now remember damage credit when blurred.
  2. Jaera Augur

- NPCs will now remember damage credit when blurred.
    - NPCs will now remember damage credit when charmed.
    - Teleportation spells will now break charm.
    - Added a hate override to the TBL version of Hate's Fury.
    - Translocation spells can no longer be activated or accepted while in combat.

Have fun doing Vishimtar and Brekt (no this won't possibly make them that much harder, but now they'll be just that much more annoying instead!)
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

P1 farming in Time just got a bit longer too.
  4. Febb Augur

Yikes. Ya, that's going to suck for raids.
  5. Kahna Augur

Let's be honest here, none of the flash in the pan TLPs are actually going to make it to these expansions with anything resembling a population.
    Thalliius and Sheex like this.
  6. Aegir Augur

Honestly, this is a good change for TLP moving forward.

I can live with not having AE TL during combat.
    Thalliius likes this.
  7. Questjunkie New Member

This doesn't make sense. Why not just flag problematic named as uncharmable? It's in the coding - change the 0 to a 1 or whatever.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

It's really not. We're changing base game functions to appease people who never play on TLPs past PoP.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  9. Nyvlag Elder

Serious inquiry, not a troll...

If the mechanic existed in 1999, but was not within the spirit of the game, does it deserve to exist in 2019?

Yes, I realize bad people were bad in 1999 as well; but abuse of this mechanic has become "the norm," not the outlier.
  10. Xanathol Augur

And all the KSers rejoiced... dumb move DBG.
  11. Aegir Augur

The only Raid encounters i've experienced where AE TL had an impact if you were a large raid force, was Vishimtar as you would run out of Cure NPCs to emote. Brekt, the same, just the opposite if you are a small raid force. Yes, you can AE TL if an event is going south and have to wipe it and then banner back.

I'm just looking for examples where it really blocks our path towards glory. (Not including Charm gate, charm dps credit).
  12. Febb Augur

Aegir, it's not just that. It's also used to TL a raid out of a wipe to save half an hour of downtime. If we all get aggro now and the raid mob kills some very important people (healers), no more TL's unless somehow a porter never engaged or never got hit by a dot from the raid mob.
  13. a_librarian Augur

big win for professional RMT farmers that run 12 boxes to force people out of camps
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

The problem is it's a base game mechanic that affects more players than those that quit TLPs by PoP.
  15. Nyvlag Elder

See that's interesting to me. What, exactly, does it change post PoP? Is it something that would be an exploitation (not a cheat, not a glitch, just a manipulation) of the mechanic that allows things to be accomplished easier, but not necessarily that the encounters were designed in such a way? Or are they literally breaking the encounters that were designed for this particular behavior?
  16. Nessirfiti Augur

There's no reason to say it's not in the spirit of the game. The devs may be changing it but It really only seems that they're doing so to calm the Constant whinging and crying of mangler players, mostly those who quit at or shortly after PoP, if they even make it that far.
  17. Camniala New Member

You are welcome. :)
    Thalliius likes this.
  18. Elemenopi Augur

Players complain about the move that is possible through game mechanics.
    Company decides to use a "corrupt-a-wish" style fix rather than a sensible one
    Its the players fault for bringing this to light?
    [IMG]
  19. Hadesborne Augur

Thank you! I couldn't be happier. No more charm shenanigans.

[IMG]
    SoandsoForumUser and Thalliius like this.
  20. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Seems like a great move as I can see.
    Actually it seems the only people who are complaining and crying are those who use this exploit, yes exploit.

Well done DBG :D
    Thalliius likes this.