Permanent Locked Classic Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mannayr, Jun 10, 2019.

1. mannayr New Member

Once thought I had earlier, permanently locked classic servers. I thought it would be cool to have servers dedicated to specific version of the game that didn't have the progressive unlock feature. Some of us enjoy the older versions of the game, but do not have the time to play and keep up with the progression of those who have more time. Wouldn't it be cool to have a server dedicated to the original game, another for Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, etc? Maybe allow for the transfer of characters to the later versions, but not backward? Maybe the character move option could be an option for premium account holders to make it more enticing for DayBreak. If having a server for each expansion is too much, maybe at least break it down to sections like SoV, LoY, OoW, etc. Like group the servers by major game changes so those of us who preferred waiting at the docks to take a boat to Kunark could do so. Those of us who enjoyed fighting skeletons while slowly gaining experience at the newbie log in Nektulos Forest could do so. Those of us who enjoyed the constant spam of buying and selling gear in East Commons at the tunnel could continue to do so. If we wanted to advance to the next expansion group, we could transfer to the next expansion level servers at our own pace.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Sigh.
    Thalliius likes this.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

You can do all those things on TLPs now if you choose to do so.
  4. kjempff Elder

Yup that would be nice. Not that it is a new idea, I have suggested this for years.

To those who only read the bad headline, what he want is:
    A server for each expansion, permalocked to that expansion (lets ignore mudflation and the p1999 diseases).
    Then a one way "portal" (which is essentially a character transfer), that each player can take at any time thereby controlling their personal pace of tlp expansion.
  5. Tiffy31 Elder

perma classic would be awful. The game was garbage back then. Most gear didnt even have the right stats.
  6. Febb Augur

We don't need more TLP servers. We need to consolidate some of them.
  7. Xeris Augur

This is honestly the most sensible long term solution for the game... it's the reason I love Agnarr and cant play Mangler too seriously. My gear on Agnarr will never get old. I'll be BIS forever.

I had a few weeks of busy work irl and I already feel way behind on Mangler to the point where I'm not motivated to try and keep pace. I have no intention of playing lvl 100 content, but I wanna do epic 2.0's.

On Agnarr I can do current content with a guild of like minded people. If I want to play only oow content I need to go to live and specifically target gear and levels and aas for that era only and I'll have nobody to play with, so I cant do any raid content.

Locked servers just seem to like a great idea. This way you dont have to awkwardly wait for a new TLP if you want to play classic but missed the boat on Mangler, just join the classic era TLP and then play in classic till ur ready to move to Kunark, etc. Play at your pace game seems perfect for the EQ player of today who's old and have jobs/families, etc
  8. Tierdal Augur

The hilarity here is that people are begging to get off agnar and be allowed to go to Selos.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Can't tell if serious or troll but... That's one way of spinning it.
  10. Spayce Augur

To be clear I;m following the logic...

There aren't enough people on TLP servers now who want to play old content to allow the few that do grouping opportunities.

So the solution is to open an entirely new server that will somehow magically have enough players wanting to play that old content?

Have I summed it up?
  11. Iyacc Augur

The only way this works for early expansions/servers is to close the first dozen or so expansions on live servers and force all new characters to go through the same set of servers til they get to where they actually want to "be". If they get to the point they are moving beyond the crippled/locked servers, then they pick a live server to move to and do the last dozen expansions there.

At least then you'll have people moving through regularly on the expansions that only 12 people want to stay in for a while and they might get a group a couple times a month when Joe Badass from live has to level a new toon through for a day or three.

Of course then how do you twink the new toons you want to move through? Joe Badass can cross server parcel some plat but that screws the economy. Oh well, bad idea just got worse.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Sign me up for the Prophecy of Ro server!