Necro Bot Team at CoS camp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vudoman, Jun 8, 2019.

1. BardMain2 New Member

Just witnessed it myself. The bodyguard is being hit with insta-cast dots by players named ____elf and Atari and Nintendo. He is literally hacking in plain sight, and I'm sure it has been seen by GMs with all of the petitions that have been put in, and they are doing nothing.
  2. xmPradah Not a dude

I want to get it myself... I don't want to pay more cash to get free items in a game that I already pay for each month.
    A couple weeks ago we were specifically asked by Mepps to petition, which we have, and to send him direct messages, which I have. People are posting videos and screenshots... and nothing is being done. This guy is making a mockery of the EULA/ToS, taunting the playerbase, using some sort of script to monopolize whatever camp he deems his, is a complete @$$ to anyone who even talks to him... why aren't GMs addressing community concerns/complaints?
    Supposedly 18+ accounts were "banned"... come time find out, they were just suspended for 7days. Conveniently, the 7 days immediately prior to launch of Kunark.
  3. BardMain2 New Member

They are literally casting insta-cast DoTs using a hacking program...
  4. Thalliius Augur

People saying this existed back in the original EQ are a tad mistaken. It existed on a smaller scale because the content was all relatively new, but now on TLPs everyone knows all the items, camps, strategies etc so it’s 1000x worse especially when you factor in the new Krono system
  5. xmPradah Not a dude

Get rid of the Krono, and problem would largely solve itself.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Lol
  7. xmPradah Not a dude

I use Krono btw, for subscription. You think it's funny, but these highly sought after items are selling for Krono... not plat (at least to start). Krono can be purchased from DBG with RL money to purchase an item by a farmer... then turned around and sold by farmers for cash on 3rd party sites. It's cyclical and makes money for DB on the front end and farmers on the back end... and the people who want the items are the ones getting screwed by it.

"Please note, however, that players may not sell Krono for real world money."

Right. These are sold all day long on multiple sites, people selling dozens at a time. This is the only form of "currency" that can be purchased from DBG that I'm aware of, am I wrong? Can we buy plat? Can we buy the items we want from the storefront? NO, we trade Krono for these if we want them, apparently.

They've introduced an economical beast into the game and it's just a money maker for both ends of the deal... but not those in the middle.
  8. andross77 Elder

All of this. Just take a minute to imagine how sad this person's like really is. Let him have the Circlet of Shadows and whatever camp he wants in 2 weeks. There are a hundred other camps. There are a hundred other games to play. This person's life revolves around RMTing and he has no regard for the feelings of others. Leave that shell alone. Move on. It should make you cry how low some humans stoop to in videogames. This guy is a sad sad warning to us all what videogame addiction and idols can do to a person.
  9. Cicelee Augur

So as a nieve player...

What exactly, according to the rules of the game, is he doing wrong? Not talking morals or ethics, just rules...
  10. xmPradah Not a dude

From my observations, it appears he's using some sort of scripting or 3rd party application to target, cast, and control multiple characters.
  11. KronoKing Elder

AE groups use that stuff to cast and control multiple chars, yet nothing happens to them. Input director, synergy etc.
  12. Velven New Member

This problem has an easy answer don’t renew and go support www.pantheonmmo.com the true creator of EQ is building the real successor to EQ, they won’t support micro transactions, and they won’t put up with this behaviour.
  13. code-zero Augur

geez we'll all die of old age before we'll ever play that game. The thing about threads like this is that they'll just keep on running even if the accused are found guilty after investigation and removed from the game. BTW last I read on Pantheon it was going to be open world with DPS racing from the start.
  14. Iyacc Augur

Way back the first time through people just sold plat, or items for cash instead. There were websites that bought/sold platinum and the exchange rate varied slightly based on their supply on any given server.

I remember having the opportunity to sell a SSoY for $400. Krono might make the conversions more main stream but it was always getting done. One of the biggest differences is the internet was still roughly new back then and people didn't necessarily spend all day reading about everything, even if they did know how to find the info. Now, it's all there, for everyone to find with little to no effort. Hell, your phone is probably giving you a notification right now because I quoted your post.

Wanting to get a desired item for yourself without "buying" it either in game or out of game is how many people choose to play. Unfortunately, there aren't any enforceable rules to make people play nice so you are stuck with a monopolizing the camp. Unless and until he is caught by DBG doing something they feel is against the rules, you get to do without. If he's dedicated enough, good enough and and persistent enough he will control that item until it's patched and changes.

For those of us who want to play the game but don't mind taking the plat we get from other camps and buying some things, we get to bypass that stress. You probably don't make your own sneakers, right? You take the money you earned doing something else and go buy some when you want/need them. Consider looking at it like that and go farm some plat for a few hours and then buy a CoS and move on to a more fun, less stressful situation.
  15. Velven New Member

You might want to go look at some YouTube video of pantheon from 2018/2019 !!
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If I could short sell that heavily I would.
    Maybe it will fold faster than vanguard.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. furrykitty New Member

Well I can tell you that - as of this posting's time/date stamp - not one of the characters mentioned in the first post are logged in.

Not sure if it means anything at all but just FYI. :)
    code-zero likes this.
  18. KronoKing Elder

the chosen one hath disappeared, who shall take his place?!
    [IMG]
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

It'll likely never launch. You know that, right?
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Doing any of the following on Phinigel(truebox servers) may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    Using 3rd party software.

Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.