Necro Bot Team at CoS camp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vudoman, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Vudoman New Member

Mangler Server - Lots of Darkelfs with very similar names (mostly necros, 2 SKs, and mage ... all around the bodyguard spawn points. Past two days - morning or night, same set up.

As I was trying to get a goblin bodyguard for a CoS ... saw one spawn in front of me and it had two poison dots already on it (combat log showed they were from the two adjacent necromancers) and pets all over it. No casting animation - pets get haste buff instantly next to each other - no animations either ...

Anything to be done aside from petition ... tried to talk to them and they just said good luck with your petition along with some other snide remarks.
  2. Camniala New Member

Its true, this person has been there since kunark opened. Locking down the spawns, while his mule is in the commonlands tunnel selling CoS for 2 krono+, luckily not many buyers so far... also selling all the other drops from the camp for multiple krono each. Idk how someone can be on 24/7 at the keyboard and looting for 3 days straight? Anyway, also tried conversing with them, with the same experience as above poster, he was very rude and mocked dbg ability to stop him.

Will be checking back on him periodically, he should have to sleep soon, after 72 hours of farming.
  3. KronoKing Elder

i spoke to him he was a very nice person offered me a place in his group and let me leech xp. said he's had two gm visits a day and doesnt know why people think hes breaking any rules.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Seems like a nice guy don't see anything wrong with someone at a camp for weeks on end long as they can answer a GM tell from a mobile phone or tablet everything's OK.
  5. KronoKing Elder

yeah not me
  6. Clarial New Member

There was nothing nice about this guy. He was rude, defensive and evasive when I politely asked if we could have one of the three camps he was controlling. This included telling me to "leave and come back in two weeks" when he would be done.
    It's truly unfortunate if Daybreak is okay with this one person monopolizing the entire server's supply. The fact that he's being an ornery about it just further sours the problem.
  7. Clarial New Member

If this person has been visited by two GMs, then I present to you the player that Daybreak Games chooses to support.

Is this really who we want populating Norrath?

[IMG]
    andross77 likes this.
  8. Knard The Strategic Tactician

Also seems like another account for a character named Koraneth is the courier between Droga and Elfpie in Commonlands.

This operation is so obviously automated.
  9. Knard The Strategic Tactician

They're all literally wearing starter robes, these aren't players.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

11. Xeris Augur

Try not camping COS... there's 8934589349x other camps in Kunark.
  12. Niknik Journeyman

Think about this for a moment.

There is a guy, right now, who has no job, no outside life, and is clearly smugly intent on doing whatever he wants to whoever he wants all in the hopes of some RMT krono. This is what he has chosen to do with his life. Farm digits on a 20 year old game and be venomously spiteful to anyone he comes across.

Imagine what he house looks like. His family. His personal life.

Now - move away from this bottom dweller because all you can do is feel sorry for them.

He will move on to the next TLP server and do the same thing the same way he did with Agnarr.

This is his life.
    andross77 likes this.
  13. Monkman Augur

Here’s what you do..

Form a raid up of every person in the server that would purchase a cos off this guy, go down and take those camps back from him. There’s no way he can outdps 2 groups sitting at each camp. After a few hrs once he realizes that if he wants a COS he’s gonna ave to buy it from you guys. He will leave.
  14. KronoKing Elder

I mean he said hes only there for two more weeks, not the end of the world. U can report this guy all you want but as it was posted in the other thread, hes same guy that camped/locked down jade prod for months, I recall GMs visited him 2-3 times a day as well back then but he's never playing unattended and doesnt hack.

Because of he was playing legitimately (in their eyes), they ended up nerfing the jade prod spawn itself, which now the mob spawns quicker and in multiple spots. Although, I dont think two weeks of COS lock down would end in the same result.

Also forming a raid would be a waste of time, he could just come back the next day, or the day after. The resolve of one player is probably stronger than a raid of players with real life commitments. I'd opt for like 6 shadowknights with harmtouch ready!

If he wasnt there we know the asians would be, doesnt make it right I agree. The asians were there last server day 1 with necros 24/7, same with server before then. Its more the camp that needs to be changed. Replace one person it's just gonna be another.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

Probably because he knows the pre nerf cos is only going to drop for 2 weeks?
  16. KronoKing Elder

I cant remember for sure since I dont farm the prenerf cos or fungi staff, but I want to say the prenerf cos and prenerf fungi staff dont stop dropping until closer to velious, then both the prenerf and postnerf versions drop for a bit, then finally the postnerf only. u can still get guises as well for a few weeks into kunark.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

What's he gonna do when WoW Classic comes out and nobody wants to play on TLPs because of like this.
    andross77 and Dragon Jockey like this.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Bodyguards have less then 2.5k HP and can be taken to below 50% by a single toon in under a second. This wouldn't work.

You could make an enchanter and go red and just steal every named with Wand of allure though, but that's a lot work for a CoS or to be a "Kronolord" making sub min wage.
  19. Monkman Augur

Toons on mangler are doing 1.3k dps? Seems like a lot for that lvl
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

A 60 SK HT plus double attack will do over 50% of the mobs HP instantly.
    2 of Kunark fire pets will instant nuke+melee for 50% of the mobs hp

Plus if you're using a group/raid people to fight 1 person who is basically AFK in the first place. The group/raid is already losing more then the semi AFK dude. Even if you manage too chase him off, he will just log back on when you leave. So you create this vicious cycle of constantly having to fight one sperg over some green cons. Is that really how you think people wanna spend their time playing EQ?