GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The thing here is that resizing shouldn't matter. In a windows form (the type of program GP is) you can "anchor" a control such as a text box so that when the form is resized the control is resized too. All of the controls in GamParse are (or should be) anchored so that they resize along with the form and every time I test it, it always works correctly for me.

I changed the scaling on my computer and tested it and I still can't get the spells tab to look like that. It still works correctly for me.

The only thing I can think of is that it is caused by a .NET incompatibility. When using the installer it checks your .NET version to make sure you have the right one. The .exe hasn't done a check, but as of 2.0.0.94 it will. Please download that one and run it and let me know if you get a popup saying your .NET version isn't high enough.
  2. Krinni Journeyman

Frenzied resolve discipline rk III does not seem to show up under spells/discs used
    [Wed Jun 05 16:26:39 2019] You plant your feet and enter a frenzy.

Mangler's covenant
    [Wed Jun 05 16:38:25 2019] You participate in a mangler's covenant.

seen some other things that are not showing up, just wanted to know if this was the right place to post on missing spells, discs, abilitys
  3. Brohg Augur

there is nothing about the covenant message (for any of the 3 melee classes) that indicates who the caster was. It could at best, in its current condition, be categorized with the "Receiveds" for an overall count of covenants deployed
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've added Frenzied resolve, but Brohg is correct there is no way to tell who cast the alliance message for that ability. I can do a received though, but that's not quite the same thing.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The recent upgrades have been mint - it's hard to believe it's a beta, this parser is so much better than it was before this beta began. Any kind of time frame for this being a permanent build? I didn't sift through all the posts here, so sorry if this has already been answered. ;)
  6. Daredilly Master

Beimeith,

Love the latest release; thank you!

I see you are now capturing even more items; awesome.

These two items are now being reported: Focused Gale of Blades Rk. III and Jolting Wheel Kicks Rk. III. However, the spell count always sets them to 0. It's pretty easy to get the spell counts by searching the log file; however, having it report the totals would be nice.

On another note, it would be great to get spells like "Remote Healing Blessing I," as well as other healing procs, to be reported like the Damage augs do. This may be the case already, in which case, I would love some direction as to where to find them.

[Wed Jun 05 11:23:03 2019] You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Daredilly for 4770 hit points by Remote Healing Blessing I.

Much appreciated,

Daredilly
  7. Brohg Augur

My understanding is that those 0s are resultant of resists/reflects, not casts. There's no "cast" messages for those Combat Abilities, just as (per above discussion) there's none for the martial Covenants. The right way to count Wheel Kicks is to divide the number of Outrider's Synergy Strikes by 3.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is no easy way to have discs like gale of blades or wheel kick report as spell casts. The spell count is showing as 0 because it can see interrupts, but it doesn't count interrupts as part of the overall count.

I've changed remote healing blessing to be counted as a proc on the healing breakdown tab. (As we as a couple others I saw).
  9. Daredilly Master

Beimeith,

Most excellent, sir! Thank you for reaching out to me and addressing all my items.
  10. Brohg Augur

I'd like GamParse to track the paladin discipline Blunted Blade

"Someone begins attacking with the flat of their blade."

unrelated:
    I find no utility in seeing "Debuff Tash" on everyone's cast list
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Added the paladin disc.

The Debuff Tash was intended for npcs, not players, I'll see about restricting it to not show on players.
  12. Corydon Augur

Hey qBeimeith!

I really like this software - I am using it every day!

I have a little feature request:
    Can we have an option so the window does not minimize into the tray as a little icon? I'd like to have the standard minimize feature so the minimized window just pops onto the taskbar. Many thanks in advance for consideration!

Best regards.
  13. Corydon Augur

Oops, can't edit my above post anymore. Sorry for the typo in your name Beimeith :)
  14. Voxynn Elder

With out having to go threw there entire thread does anyone have a link of the latest version by chance to DL?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The link on the first post is set to always point to the latest version.
    Beimeith and Voxynn like this.
  16. Zantor Augur

Baffled on why 2 of the 3 chanter I have in group regularly, The chanter and pet shows up only in the pet column, so I can't link them. Not sure why the 3rd one shows up.
  17. Brohg Augur

the characters aren't identified by the parser as players. the log needs to record them doing something definitively player-ish, like saying something in /guild or joining a raid or a chat channel
    Beimeith likes this.
  18. Voxynn Elder

Thank you.
  19. Peltier Elder

Do we have to delete the version we have or will it simply update the one we currently have installed?
  20. Brohg Augur

beta downloads are standalone executables, it is not patching your existing program
    Peltier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.