Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

To give you an example, I've seen people knock out the ENTIRE TBL group progression in one Saturday in my guild (see the alts knockout achievement after achievement through the day). People can easily do 100-200 aa an hour if they know what they are doing, and you only need a couple K aa to complete needed things.
    Gyurika Godofwar and kizant like this.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Max AA in 36 hours I'm pretty sure is literally impossible.

44,000 AAs, give or take, means about 1222 AAs per hour. 20 AAs a minute.

So I assume the goalposts will be moved now that this has been pointed out, but the claim I read was max level and max AA in 36 hours.
  3. Metapsyche Augur

it’s roughly 27000 AA Spent to max out a Paladin.
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

27,000AA in 36 hours would be 750AA per hour and not include any time for leveling.
  5. Tolzol Augur

This isn’t that far fetched if you exclude the leveling and you got a bunch of xp pots or a double xp weekend given you got the right people with you i don’t really see someone doing this while boxing though.

And I’m pretty sure it’s definitely possible on FV given the xp bonus they have
  6. Metapsyche Augur

Join one of the 30+ magician bot armies and start spending aa’s. Plus let’s be realistic here, I obviously don’t remember how long it took me to cap AA, I can tell you it was 8 hours from 85 to 110. I’m assuming total played time for 85-110 with AA was around 5 days? The point is we’re not talking 40 hours a week for 3 months to be maxed.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Max level and aa in 36 hours? You were power levelled then so that sort of invalidates the whole statement. Most toons without outside help take a month or two to max level and are still working on maxing aa. I know I see this over and over in a a casual guild I have been running for almost 20 years. These are not slackers these are smart players who learn the game. Unless you have other toons of your own or have others PLing you it won't happen in 36 hours.

Try starting a toon and getting max levels and aa without power levelling just moloing up till you get within reach of level 110 then casual grouping.

Sorry you had massive help getting max aa and level in 36 hours and *cough* can we say afk play involved or some one else was running your toon.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually I just think you exagerated things a lot or left out the whole powerleveling thing.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah but most players have a whole lot of play time back before all this. I do agree that a raid guild like ROI can take a new player from nothing to raiding in no time if they want to. And once you are max raid gear and aa from the previous expansion getting up to speed in each new expansion becomes a lot easier and faster. Not everyone is starting at that point. And most don't get the help needed to get to max aa and level in 36 hours.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well aa autogrant reduces that somewhat but still hard to imagine.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

So we went from 36 hours to I don't remember to 5 days? Basically you are throwing different data at us to support your point when in reality all you have shown is that with a PL it can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to get to max level and AA which I am fairly certain every here already knew this.

The people defending this tactic against a more reasonable leveling path are the ones who profit from selling PL services so its not hard to see why they would be against a more reasonable leveling path because it could cut into their profits.
  12. tyrantula Elder

jimmies have been rustled, wew
  13. Metapsyche Augur

So you are seriously arguing that spending months of play time, 1000’s of hours, moloing to 110, specifically with the intent to raid, is MORE REASONABLE than taking advantage of the fact that this is a 20 year old game and getting power leveled? Just so we’re clear, that’s your stance? 1000’s of hours grinding is more reasonable than 36-72 hours of power leveling?

... I don’t know what to say here. It sounds like you’re taking a rowboat to England.
    Jhenna_BB and tyrantula like this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I never really put thought into the effect the "need" to power-level to play new content and/or raid has on Krono sales. I'll be honest, I treat general chat like cancer and am not in it much. In recent weeks I've been in it more because a) I wanted to buy or switch out type 18 augs I "needed" and b) I want to see the auctions of said augs for guildmates that are looking for particular ones they want/need.

The amount of Krono sales for PLing "services" looks to be significant just seeing all the auctions taking place. I would never accuse DBG (I actually really mean that) in this case of not making a simpler leveling path due to Krono sales. I just wish the Devs stance on why they aren't making a level 100 or 105 Heroic character service changes. I think the long term health of the game would be better if we did sacrifice that one zone for one expac. Yes, people will complain. Isn't that mostly the purpose for most people to play ForumQuest? There's enough reasonable people that would point out how necessary that sacrifice is for the game. Even on these, at times, toxic forums.

Capture that money DayBreak. Use it to make this a 64 bit game that uses modern gaming hardware for the love of Tunare!
    Lannin likes this.
  15. Frogbert New Member

Yes, it is more reasonable that, when you are choosing to play a game . . . you play the game, instead of having someone else do it for you.
    Dyna, Lannin and Annastasya like this.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

Maybe you should learn to read. Where in my stance did I suggest the current level path was ok? In fact I stated there needs to be a more reasonable way to get there without throwing countless dollars at some guy on the other end. The only people that support that are the ones that don't want their payday ruined. There will still be a market for the PL people as there will always be people with money to burn and they are ready to throw it at something.

But seriously you came on here talking about how EASY it is for people to get to top level and max level when in reality the method you suggest requires zero effort, skill, or work for the end user of the toon unless they are the one doing the PL so I guess it actually really is easy it just requires throwing money at it.
  17. Gokusan Journeyman

Im agreeing with InnerDruid with this one. Also the game is 20 and there are many newer games out there technology doesn't stop. So far what I seen im on FV there are many people as there use to be so either there quitting, moving to a new server which is a total waste of devs time and money to create or life sampling puts them into high gear. That's it
  18. Natal Augur

We have usually low 40s on. If raids were 36 or 42 man format we would be able to progress, but you can't beat anything current with those numbers. Those sorts of numbers are typical for mid tier guilds.

If you are in a top guild on your server you are probably completely clueless about these things or the challenges they pose, so your input is not worth anything. You literally do not know what you are talking about.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

More of us spent extended time in mid tier guilds back in the day than you think ;) We know all too well...
    Lannin, Mintalie and Annastasya like this.
  20. Natal Augur

Raid sizes should be designed around what a guild in the modern game can field. Remember, raid sizes used to be 72 people, then they changed it to 54 because guilds could not field those sorts of numbers as the game progressed. It needs to be changed again to reflect current game demographics. Or, if they don't want to do that (so they keep raids relatively easy for your 54 man crew), then they need to stop implementing mechanics that require full or almost full raids to reasonably beat.

Actually, 54 people creates more redundancy, so it is actually easier. Doing it with smaller numbers increases the difficulty since one or two badly timed deaths have much greater consequences. People who champion 54 man rosters are championing easy mode that rewards lower overall skill. They don't want smaller numbers because they are afraid that they might not be able to beat raids.

Most players who know their job don't require controlling, they already know what to do, so "management" is not an issue. The only people who require management during a raid are the incompetent and inexperienced. What kills you is lack of redundancy and inability to do enough dps to keep up with timed mechanics designed on the assumption that there are 54 people present. Without timed mechanics the overall difficulty of the raid remains the same, it just takes longer, which means that smaller raid forces can realistically have a chance of beating it.

Hell, just make timed mechanics proportional to the number of people present, that alone would create a more fair footing for guilds that don't have the numbers.