Ranger belt focus

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Derka, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Derka Power Ranger

So I recently made the switch from Overdrive Boon to Threaded Boon of Potential because....cast counts...the switch has been well worth it so far I have been seeing a 10-40% increase in added damage versus the two.

I was curious however if Rangers that group with a bard often or other proc giving classes are seeing a way better increase using Overdrive Boon instead. Summers nuke benefits twice from the 5k increase and 4x if cast during Cheetah. You really need to stack up procs to catch that damage. I dont play with bards often so some insight would be cool.
  2. roth Augur

The thing is ... most or all proc buffs are melee only. They do not give us additional procs for archery. So the proc buff from shaman, from bards, even our own proc buffs, do not add procs to archery only to melee.

The only procs for archery come from the proc AA’s, and from procs on the bow itself (either innate or from augs). And many rangers, wanting to avoid Headshot root breaks as much as possible, do not put nuke procs onto their bows.

Even Imbued Ferocity makes you proc once per round per hand (or per round for the bow), per proc on the weapon. A weapon with a proc innate, and a proc added by aug, will only proc both of those once per combat round. There simply are not enough procs available to allow for the proc enhancing effect to outdamage the nuke enhancing effect on a chain casting ranger.
    Derka likes this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to see if the raiders had some trick that made the proc increase more worthwhile. I do run proc augs 99% of the time and even with twinproc going off during imbued, the results were just okay. The keyword is chain casting, and that is the play style that benefits from the belt the most.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's more about availability. Loot councels have to analyze rosters, raid attendance and performance to decide silk class, priest or ranger on the Potential belt.

Potential is superior in every way. It's not as far out in front as people think it is, however. On a recent event I was using a Boon belt and added up what the real damage was on a 1300 second event (prenerf Rustbottom). I proc'd over 2000 procs that boon tack onto so it was a little over 1 million damage.

I cast over 500 spells (counting both lines of Summer's) that Potential tacks on to. So, 2.5mil damage was what I would have had added.

In a 1300 second event 1.5mil damage is like 15kdps. This was a strange but interesting event for me to chose for this. It just happened to be the last event of the night parse I deep dived on how I could improve and I did the math on a whim. More dps is more dps, Potential wins. Boon of the Seeress could use a serious boo...oh wait never mind. I said nothing!
    Brohg and Derka like this.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

That's still a pretty significant spread. Nice cast count, I hope you cast a shadow over that parse.