Mobs are resisting slow and mez more in the last 2 weeks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cosmoe, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Cosmoe New Member

Has anyone else noticed that mobs seem to be more resistant to slows, mezzes, the last couple of weeks?
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I think my jboots have gotten slower too.
  3. Jondalar Augur

Need more charisma
    Smokezz likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

hCHA, the only stat that matters.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

There fazing slow spells out of the game. It started with the nerf on slow belts.

Andarriel
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It started in (Gates of Discord??) when they decided that raid mobs would begin mitigating slow. This filtered to Gates group named, then every mob in the game mitigates slow.

The belts had nothing to do with it. Mobs have been mitigating slow for almost a decade.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes, since last patch. Also, mezzes on player characters are resisted less, and NPC-casted slows appear to be unmitigated on players. How's that for a ninja patch?
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Throw water at the mobs.

Got it.
  10. Allayna Augur

That the last EQ fanfaire?
    code-zero, MasterMagnus, Herf and 2 others like this.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

I still want a tinfoil hat ornament.
    Herf likes this.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

tin foil...hershey kisses tbh.

When you feel your world falling apart in EQ just go to GMM and take a whack at the loot pinata....It'll make ya feel better. :mad:
  13. Aziuno Augur

Could make it free with the consumption of a Krono!
    Everyone loves a Tinfoil Hat Theory around Krono!
    Boze likes this.
  14. Dewey Augur

I judge this comment by my wife who plays a shammy and sits next to me. Sadly I hear a lot of cuss words coming from her. The mobs are resisting spells at a higher rate. It's ever since the double spell protection was removed.

This is like the true test of if something changed. We have played with each other forever, and the cussing will continue until this gets fixed. 8( This is not a tin hat issue, it's a real one. The quote the other day was a follows...

"the $$$ing description says, 'un$$$$ing resistable.' why in the $$$$ is this $$$$$$$ stupid level 100 mob resisting my $$$. Why do they always break this $$$$. It is $$$$ing rediculous."

So I am agreeing with the initial post. Not because I believe my jboots are slower, but because something changed in resist for mobs.

When you play next to someone for a long time, and all of the sudden there is swearing where there used to not be. You know that something has changed.
    RPoo likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had more resists from slow, the cripple component seems to land most if not all the time, but slow is very hit and miss. Unless its my AE slow landing on me, then it 100% lands on me! :oops:

I've also noticed Malo(malise or whatever its called now) sometimes refuses to land but the other debuff again seems to land most if not all the time.
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

There were some parses posted semi-recently in one of the slow belt drama threads that described the resist rate. If you looked at those parses and re-ran the tests you'd get some data to support your wife's rage.

Or maybe you'd find out the only thing that changed is your wife's perception of slow resist rate, at which point you should quietly delete the parsing results and buy your wife some chocolate because that's the only thing that'll help when she sees that resist message.
    menown likes this.
  17. Dewey Augur

My comment was not just towards slow. It was towards spells in general.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Then you're in luck because there's even more data about resist rates about spells in general!
    menown likes this.
  19. Millianna Augur

My shaman’s slow has been resisted a lot more lately. This has nothing to do with any perception of the belt nerf, since I never gave a rat’s ...
  20. Repthor Augur

when makeing a claim backing that claim up with data to support it is useful. we can all claim stuff that dosent mean its correct or maybe you had a cuple bad days and really hooming in on them resist rates or what not and it pissed you off more them days then if u where in a better mode. or maybe RNG happened and in that case your parse is elible to be cross refrenced with some other person parse to prove or disprove that claim

from my where i sit i also heard that slows getten resisted alot sense the belt nerfs but honestly ill chalk that up to ppl dident bother slowing mobs when the belt was stronger so they dident run in to that problem or dident care if they got one resist that they stop slowing and moved on to next mob or started dpsing