Everquest article on ArsTechnica

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Mintalie Augur

Pretty sure this is inaccurate...
    klanderso and svann like this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm not on Twitter, and not in the mood to dig up the thread. But feel free to independently verify or refute me on that.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Her twitter account still lists her as working for DBG and specifically on Everquest, fwiw

https://twitter.com/thewindstalker

Though there was a reddit thread claiming she was let go so it must be true.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

There was a thread here on TLP (I think) I was referring to.

Just sayin' the devs don't sound too inclined to do merges right now.

But also feel free to ignore me, I'm salty and tin foil hatting.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

There was a thread here last month when Roxxly left. Might be what you're thinking of?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Holly was let go?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wow I missed the Roxxly leaving thread. I liked Roxxly best community person in a long time.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm... just so you know the Ars article was posted today. So I am relatively sure it's as up to date possible.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Luclin Server is safe!
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just so you guys know, as I said, I'm salty about other stuff and not inclined to believe PR hype for many years now. I should have ignored it. please carry on.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yep, had seen that. I lurk quite a bit.

Despite my being all confused and having not read 'below the fold' of the Ars Techina article before I had to "pop off".

I would still trust the others answers over Holly's.

Is EQ dead within a year? NO
    Is there "NO END IN SIGHT?" I'm not buying it.
    Will it 'be here for as long as there are players'? Kind of doubt it.
    Will there be server merges sometime in 2020? Possibly
    Will there be time slip on their merge plans? I'm thinking likely.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is something funny about that last screenshot of the Cleric BP....
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

I get it a lot of us have had our frustrations over the years myself included. After last years changes EQ for me has not been the same. In all honesty taking a break and seriously limiting my EQ playing time over the last year was one of the most beneficial things for me even though I think about the game daily and wish I could play but real life goals don't allow me much time or energy currently.

As far as "is there no end in sight" and "will it be here for as long as there are players" the answer is obviously yes as long as there are enough collective players to make the game profitable. Its difficult to remove the emotional layer many of us have for the game and get down to the business layer and realize that's all this is or at least at its core.

I hope what ever has caused your distrust or current dislike for the game will be resolved because most likely what ever the issue there are others who are experiencing the same thing. I know airing issues on the forums usually comes with the usual git good crowd responses but just being vaguely negative is pretty much only going to result in negative results without an explanation of where you are coming from.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Grindaway New Member

Hi all, I’m new to EverQuest, i read this article and downloaded the game, but I don’t know how to get that Lucy button and the advanced loot boxes on my item windiw, and also something is wrong with my target window, I don’t see distance there. Is there a new UI I should download? I probably have the old one, the article talks about old vs new UI and those things are in their screenshots, so maybe it hasn’t been released yet?

I really need the distance, having to see all the “target is out of range” spam gets old real quick. Thanks guys.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome to Everquest.

The Newbie-forum is a good place for questions like this.

Everquest does not provide numeric distance, instead the player has to learn her spells’ ranges, and learn to estimate if the target is in range.

This is indicative also of the non-explicit nature of the game. While you can.be up and killing in minutes, there are aspects to learn for years to come.

Good luck!
  17. Absor Developer

No. We have constantly said that the tech to do so isn't working. That is NOT a no.
  18. Absor Developer

Really? Then someone should let her know, because she keeps showing up for work.
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

Has she been relocated to the basement while waiting for accounting to handle the pay glitch? :)
  20. Natal Augur

Really? What a trooper!! ;)
    Brutalis-trak likes this.