any aggro associated with procs from new tank belt model?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by gnomeboss, Jun 1, 2019.

1. gnomeboss Augur

crippling slicer values reduced, but do those procs still generate aggro? do they generate ... a lot of aggro? i never really leave pok without my shaman, so deciding to to upgrade to a dps belt really comes down to ... more dps ... or more aggro. wtb advice/input.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Yes they provide aggro but it's only on whatever it procs on and obviously then highly dependent on proc rate. I havent tested to find an exact amount but I'd assume since I dont recall a hate override it would be debuff aggro * aggro mod.

Probably somewhere in the 1500 to 1800/proc range, just theorizing. Give it a test.
    gnomeboss and Brohg like this.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Debuff aggro caps out at 1200 according to the most recent tests I've seen (circa 2016 for an EQ team). Depending on if they fixed aggro masks hate mod stacking with the AA hate mod (they didnt stack at one point). You can calculate a rough value.

Then you would need to look at what your realistic party rate would be on the mobs and figure an average proc rate.

Boon of the Seeress is flat damage and thus in theory (I have never verified this) applies that value at the end of the hate calculation.

So I believe that would be 500 per proc off Boon hate. Aggro mod doesnt affect this, I dont think, but i do not know for certain so youd have to test that as well.

Personally As a Paladin I would use the dps belt, just a personal non mathematical min max opinion. I'd assume an SK would also use that, I have absolutely no guess for Warriors. That is assuming since you mentioned a Shaman you atleast always have Sloth proc line at the bare minimum.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

you mean the caster belt, right? Treaded Boon of Potential is real good for Paladins
  5. Chaosflux Augur

I thought the caster one was boon of the seeress proc?

But yeh that one, since I nuke a piss load, and I assume it would be good for SK as well tho that is just a guess.

Edit: Since apparently i looked up the wrong proc, I screwed the pooch on the math. Boon of Potential adds 5000 after crit damage to spells, so that should be +5000 hate after mod on casts, but I dont have the belt to test that, so that's purely speculative.
  6. DaciksBB Augur

Any idea if that belt increases the healing on taps?
  7. tyrantula Elder

Playing devils advocate, most of the spells I use are <2sec, save for wave. Maybe a merciful if we're doing Empyr. If the belt doesn't proc anything under 2sec, what else would it be good for?
  8. Brohg Augur

I think you may be misunderstanding the effect? It for sure procs on spells under 2s (cast time you mean, yes?)

Also you're ignoring the +5k spell damage, which is hecka weird
  9. tyrantula Elder

I was basing it off the raiditem.com description (which I may have read wrong). I may have to look long and hard about this. I don't tank much outside of raiding, and even then, I almost always have a shaman with me. This belt looks very nice.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You don't get aggro on the 5000 spell damage.

Procs that are not in your spell book are capped on hate unless there is an override.

So....
  11. Chaosflux Augur

What's the cap then? I never got into testing proc based aggro my assertion was purely speculative, but there did seem to be anecdotally a difference using hedgewizard/resonant pots in the overall aggro generation, but never got to into testing it.

Though thinking about it, you are probably right, that would be a ridiculous amount of aggro generation for little input. I assume that also applies to clickies then?
  12. Metapsyche Augur

Personally I use the caster belt (Paladin) the heal proc is pretty amazing for someone who casts a lot of group heals.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I can't answer that. But I don't think its much based off just usage.

But for aggro, I honestly don't remember all the rules at this point. I know that a stun from a spell book is ~1200 aggro, without an override value, but a stun proc (not stunning strike types, but an actual stun), that wasn't in your spell book was like ~400 or ~450 hate. That knight 1her groupers used during omens had a stun proc and it was parsed pretty extensively back then.

Also, the hate from the plane of time proc clicky was about the same. I don't remember if all procs were limited to a specific max, if it was a % of normal spells, or if all procs had their own limits, really can't answer.

But, if those belts had big aggro, we'd have known it.

What hate does the enchanter reiterate procs add? Might be a place to look, though its very different. But I believe the 5000 damage from the belt is unmodded right? Its a flat 5000 always? If so, probably has no hate at all.
  14. Repthor Augur

enchie mana flare procs adds zero hate
  15. Chaosflux Augur

Rept that's a bad example that has a hate override of 1.

Yep fair point, and that does make sense. I guess then in regards to the OP the procs would be equal aggro per, but the caster belt looks far and away better long term.

Guess I'll test that proc aggro and see what's what
  16. Repthor Augur

I was just answering how much aggro mana flare proc adds it was a qn someone asked

As far as how much aggro slow belt adds not sure but for the content that it drops its insignificant. I have never seen my aggro impacted by the gact i been procing it over and over again so cant be alot

Just pulling a number out of the air say even if it was say 400 aggro per proc tanks whould feel it , but no tank that i talked to about it has noticed anything even after only letting the belt proc and just standing there for x amount of time for the procs to build up. So im gonna go with say nothing or next to nothing or the equivilant of not worth talking about
    Krool likes this.