Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. alycin Journeyman

Whats really killn the game is a bunch of momma's boys complaining about every little thing that they don't like in the game, I don't like paying 12 dollars a draft at a mlb game, but hey I like to go to the games. quick answer to all your problems, learn to play the game better, or get with people that do. Or plain and simple don't play if it bothers you so much. People making post about, nerf this before I get a divorce, or my guild is crumbling over this 1 event, or daybreak is killn the game, are just sad and have no life...… Yay forumquest
    Chuchu, CatsPaws and yepmetoo like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Huh? I guess hardcore can mean whatever you want it to mean but I think most take it as players who are getting every bit out of the their classes that they can to the point of being a bit obsessive about it. Which I applaud.

BUT

There are not enough of these folks to keep Everquest afloat. So we have to cater to a larger audience.
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No comment about the whole raid difficulty issue but are you saying for the last 2 years you have been playing your class you only play once or twice a week a couple hours at a time? So 2 to 4 hours of eq a week over the last two years? Not saying it isn't the case just wondering if maybe you played more often at some point and are just coasting now.
  4. bigpapa Augur

see how GMM and FM are popular , no other zones have that many players playing there,---------------->> one reason ,it is because it is very easy zones. tier one zones should be
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Eldur New Member

See how FM is still popular! The main reason I do not play Everquest at the moment is, that I (as a 3-boxer) cannot find any viable spot anywhere in TBL where I can build a pickup-group. For non-boxers it must be even worse, thus FM is still popular.
    In my opinion the merc are not the problem that is killing the game (though I don't like them), but the bad design of the entire TBL expansion. Splitting the community in 10% hardcores with all content and 90% loosers with no content for years will inevitably reduce the playerbase a lot.
  6. Metapsyche Augur

Generally speaking I try to play a little more during the winter months (baby, it’s cold outside). I guess my point is that people make it sounds like we’re back in 2003 poop socking raid timers and bat phoning targets. Comments about not being in college anymore come off as really cheesy to me because instanced, scheduled, raids are the only reason I can raid. Setting aside Monday and sometimes Tuesday nights to punish pixels is a hobby that I choose to make time for. People seem to think that EQ is such a burden on their lives and the only choice is to suck or spend an infinite amount of time playing.

I’m just saying that time played has less to do with the equation than showing up when you’re supposed to and doing what you’re supposed to. Have some pride in your play style and performance, especially if you spend a large amount of time in game.

For what it’s worth I should note that my guild is on FV where I am able to sell raid currency to purchase almost any item in game- this certainly saves me time farming some of the more tedious items like augments- but this topic was really more focused on the raiding scene and difficulty / optimization leaning towards “hardcore” guilds. I’d say the raid scene is optimized towards players that actually like to earn their items. If you have ever played on a private server and just GM’d yourself the best items, try it. It’s super boring once you’re done and you won’t be proud of it at all.
  7. tyrantula Elder

I joined my guild 2 months prior to TBL launching. I never played a paladin before this time. I was able to learn how to play a paladin good enough to allow the guild to achieve success. I'm still learning how to play, sure, but I am competent and I understand directions. I also play during raid nights only.

And yes, we all miss Met during the week.
  8. Voxynn Elder

That's exactly the case.

If that's not the case then dude prolly had paid some one to plvl up or had friends do it for them.

Either case he had to have put in vastly more hours then just raid hours to have a max lvl toon with all everything needed for raiding especially if it's in a guild such as he claims to be apart of.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Metapsyche Augur

That was you!?! I thought that was the ranger, lol. I retract my statement! We did NOT need more reasons to make fun of this guy, Lolol.
  10. Metapsyche Augur

*sighs*

My Paladin has 31 days played, roughly 8 hours a week for two years. Seriously guys this is a 20yr old top heavy game and we know everything. The days of solo fear kiting to max level are over. My Paladin was max level and Aa in like 36 hours played... what on earth are you guys doing that takes so long? PoP progression is no longer needed boys, we can skip that expansion.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

36 hours to max level and AA? I am going to call BS on that unless you are talking about a TLP server and even then doubtful.
  12. tyrantula Elder

I got my bard to 110 in a few hrs. But she's on my RAF account. Still, it takes about that long with the right setup. Not BS.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Levels I can see in a high powered group but the AAs to in 36 hours? I am still going to call BS on that. Even that 36 hours was only during bonus xp and using pots and LOD that's so unrealistic for all but the most elite players.
  14. Metapsyche Augur

Lol....

/general wts powerlevling
    /tell hey how much?
    /tell xxxplat or xxxkrono an hour
    /tell sounds good where do I meet you?
    /tell come to POK, drop your fellowship

Oh my god, I’m the most elite player on Everquest... this has really gotten off track lol. If you’d like to buy a power level they’re available on every server. Leveling + AA is no longer a road block. Sorry.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Only way I know of to get a char to 110 in "a few hrs" (call it <5 hrs) of /played is via heroic char + only playing them when they have fellowship XP / vitality, and even then you'd really have to have a really tight system for it. I recently got two new zerkers to 110 in around that time using the same mechanic and GMM (heavy XP zone). Every day I'd log on, burn lessons to funnel fellowship XP to them, then swap to them and burn their fellowship while lessons was on. Took about 10 play sessions to go from 85 to 110.
  16. tyrantula Elder

When you get 5aa per kill and dropping trains of mobs, it's entirely possible. My recruiter account gets so many AAs I can't spend them fast enough.

EDIT: When I used to PL 1-80, it takes roughly an hour or two. Then you drop that fresh lvl 80 in a max level group pulling trains in HS, ST, GMM, Droga, Gorowyn, etc.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

So your solution is for players stuck behind to throw more money at it and hope it works? It is about the only solution for some but still a lame one. I know what a PL is and again will call BS on 36 hours to max level AND AA. Unless you got a PL from a bot team that ran non stop without a break and even then doubtful.
  18. kizant Augur

They're just exaggerating. Sure, if you have some good raid geared friends who know what they're doing you can earn AA pretty fast even at 110. But if you use a typical person selling PLs it's pretty slow in comparison and they're expensive. On FV 38 hours would cost 19 to 38 krono and the cheap people might earn you 100 an hour or something at best. I tried a couple to help get some AAs on an alt beast I made recently and it wasn't very impressive.
    tyrantula likes this.
  19. Metapsyche Augur

You are correct. I was lying about everything. You clearly know all there is to know about this game, and have won already. Good luck to you.

#gamesdeadlol
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not really that many hours needed, honestly. I go months at a time during the year not playing (I log in a lot with the "intent" to do something, then end up afk in guild hall after I've wandered off do deal with kids, and never end up playing).

I'd say half of RoI plays less than 4 hours a week outside of raids the first 3 months of an expansion, and probably 3/4th play less than 4 hours a week outside of raids the rest of the year.