GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

go to the spells and discs tab, pick the player. it gives you a second by second breakdown of what they're casting
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The new healing tab will break down how how a person healed every target they healed.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Can I do it: Yes.
    Am I going to do it: No.

You can see how many times they actually cast it on the spells tab. MGB'ing a spell doesn't make you cast it 72 times. It still shows as a single cast.
  4. CZ75 New Member

You've totally missed the point, and nobody is saying that MGBing casts a spell 72 times.

The point is >ONE< MGB can do 200k in actual heals. Another cleric might have to cast 50 to 75 single target heal spells to do 200k in actual heals.

So at end of the night when all the fights are combined and a healing parse is spit out, both clerics did the same amount of healing even thought cleric A pushed one button, and cleric B pushed to 50 to 75 buttons.

What I'm looking for is a way to filter out the single outlier abilities that do a massive amount of healing without having to manually search through every fight and manually subtract the results from the parse.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are missing the point that there are ways within the tool to determine what spells a player cast and with the latest version of the tool it will even break down exactly what spells a player cast to heal each person they did.

It should also be noted that just looking at the total amount healed doesn't inform you of what you think it does since there should be multiple people healing the tanks that would get no credit when other heals land before theirs.

What server are you on where a player can cast a single HoT and get the same amount of healing as another player that is spam healing?
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I didn't miss the point, but you clearly missed mine.

The Heal Overview is just that, an *overview*. It is not an in-depth analysis. For that you need to look at the various other tabs to get more information and to put the overview(s) in the proper context. In this specific instance the information you seek is on the Spells Tab.

Every guild I've been in that posted healing parses includes the cast counts along side them for the exact reason you talking about.

Ignoring AE heals because you don't like how powerful they are doesn't help anything.

TLP
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Interesting discussion on healing numbers. Important to note that heal pulses triggered by priest Alliance spells and cleric's Promised (18-sec delayed heals) show up in a parse as "owned" by the tank. There's nothing a parser can do to change that. It's on the person trying to analyze the heals to understand how these things work.

So when you see a tank near the top of the AH parse it means the priests are working well together.
  8. Brohg Augur

The same can be said for dps. Only in very poor teams is the individual at the top responsible for even 2/3 of their prima facie performance. GamParse isn't an oracle, it's just a reporter on the street.
  9. SoroxDrinal Elder

Belmeth,

I still have not found a single fight where the pull suppression option did something. I have parse after parse of monk pulls with 1-6 damage, runs back to camp with mob in tow, and the fight is treated as lasting the entire duration from distant strike pull to mob death regardless of the pull suppression options.

I ran tests on a 302 mob session in GMM. None of the fights were affected by pull suppression that I can see. I ran without pull suppression and with 3s / 10k damage pull suppression option.

One fight lasted 21 seconds according to GamParse so I examined the damage chart. Sorox used monk Distant Strike to pull and the mob responded with casting Strangulate on Sorox in second = 1 which did initial damage of about 16k. Sorox ran the mob back to camp, clicked monk epic2 and hit earthforce disc and the "real" fight begins at seconds = 10 into that 21 second total.

Another fight lasted 18 seconds. Monk pulled and nothing happened (no damage from mob, no casting from mob) for 6 seconds. But the fight is treated as 18 seconds with 3s / 10k pull suppression option enabled.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

I usually go by the live fight overlay or edit the log for my own "real" start time for myself or others for the same reasons. Obviously with you combining tons of group mob fights thats not an option but for big burns its sometimes the only true way to measure actual dps.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I tested it and the suppression works correctly when reading a live log.

I did find that there is an issue when you *reload* a log the suppression code isn't triggered. I'll look into changing that. I believe I've fixed this now.

Dps is always calculated from the first time you do damage to the last time you do damage. Editing the log to alter this only makes it less accurate. Even the pull suppression makes it less accurate, but there is at least a justification for that case.
  12. Zenshai New Member

Win 7 fully updated, NO dev environment installed (I removed it).

Healing Tab with 1 or more fights selected/combined, the display boxes are extremely small and cannot be resized. Both have internal horizontal scroll bars, but are barely wide enough to view one column of data.

Addendum: There seems to be a horizontal separator bar between the top and bottom controls that can be moved up or down that indirectly changes the vertical size of each display control, but no sizing controls on the displays themselves.
  13. Nniki Augur

I saw similar issues when I was on Windows 7 ever since the beta started ... switched to Windows 10 and no longer see the issue.

[IMG]
  14. Master T 5000 New Member

I run Windows 10, but after messing with it some and slowly mousing over it for drag adjusters i was able to get this.
    [IMG]
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update: 2.0.0.94 - Redownload from first post

-Fix for selecting "Total" on the Heal breakdown.
    -Fix for Pull Suppression not being checked on reload.
    -Added a check for proper .NET version.

Those of you having issues with the spells tab let me know if you get an error when you start it. (If you have the proper .NET framework installed you won't see anything different).
  16. Baldur Augur

Yes, I just got the same thing. It's a resize issue, has nothing to do with win7 or 10.

If I make the left window very very small the overview and comparison windows will show up, but they are tiny. I'm having the same resize issue on the healing tab on the latest version as well, but to a lesser extent, the windows are always there, just super small.

For what it's worth I run on 2560x1440 resolution, but I have the scaling turned up to 225% so stuff appears bigger. That's probably what's doing it, I bet everyone having this issue has scaling above 100%.
  17. svann Augur

I think it would be better if new shared triggers defaulted to on.
    More than once Ive destroyed a set to get new ones then forgot to click on the new ones. If Im accepting a share Im always going to want to use it.
    kizant likes this.
  18. Brohg Augur

19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

While I don't disagree by any means, wouldn't that be more of a GINA thing than a GamParse thing?
  20. svann Augur

Doh!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.