Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrillho Augur

Yes. Does it work? Yes. Does it work every time? No. Does it make it worse? I've never experienced it.

Of the instances to re-get, this one is a fairly easy one. No clearing of mobs, no running to positions, no setting up. Zone in, buff, fight. Regetting an instance only delays you by a few minutes, and if it has the possibility of fixing or reducing lag, definitely do it
    Mintalie likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Here's one thing about this raid that I think needs fixing: the wave mephits must be killed with root spells, but that actually roots them (duh!) - and rooted mobs attack the closest player instead of the most hated one. Since the raid has to move a lot, those rooted mephits get separated from the tanks and kill random people near them. That's not good, and I highly doubt that it's intended.

Make the wave mephits immune to root (but still take bane damage from it).
  3. Brohg Augur

^^ double likes. love button?

Better, being baned should stun its mephit for 2s
    Xeladom and Jhenna_BB like this.
  4. Nudia Augur

That would be a great change, aside from it being absolutely hilarious rooting a wave mephit on top of an unsuspecting caster in the hall at 25%.
  5. Maedhros High King

that enrage timer.
    6%.
  6. Fintank Augur

Next nerf should just be a fix to boss lag. Him not moving when the tank does till 1-2 seconds later and then ghosting through the tank and stopping behind and what not is super annoying and decreases melee DPS time.

*Gives enrage timer to hard raid*

*Also makes boss lag making the event take longer*
    Tolzol likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

We hit it at 0% before our first win! Keep at it and you’ll beat him! My opinion is the same...enrage timer on a raid that has you licking your elbow while rubbing your stomach and patting your head while hopping on one leg....massive overkill and just plain rude to any guilds not throwing out 15 million dps or more.
  8. smash Augur

This does nothing to solve the basic problem and it need more than cosmetic change.

A change like you say just kills more gulds and make players stop playing.
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Fintank Augur

You're right, this doesn't solve the "basic problem", however a quality of life change to an event that helps you increase your performance isn't going to kill *more* guilds and players than it would in it's current state.

The "basic problem" that you mention though has nothing to do with the event itself. The "basic problem" that has and forever will exist in raids is ALWAYS individual player performance. That's not an opinion, it's a fact that a lot of people refuse to accept. 54 people who are fully committed and on point would trounce this raid every time once they knew the event mechanics. The majority of raids in this game can all be carried by a solid 20 players or less. The fact we finally got a raid where the majority of your raid force has to be on their toes for 17-20 minutes straight to win is awesome. 4 guilds beat this in a state that devs thought was unbeatable. 2 more have beaten it since then with at least 1 more getting pretty close. We have most likely several months before we get anything new to work on still, there's plenty of time left to haul out first wins and feel that accomplishment.

If this particular raid kills your guild or makes people stop playing then good riddance. There's 10 other raids you can do to get the same gear before next expansion, this isn't some progression stall holding you back from half the raids, THAT would be an actual problem. People and Guilds who go MIA because of Mearatas need to take a lesson in resiliency and some hard to swallow pills about performance.

We made a giant leap of progress last night and we WILL beat this raid. There's nothing in this raid that can't be managed when everyone uses all the gas in the tank. The only issue that exists is people's refusal to do so and their general laziness.

It is my opinion that the only changes that should touch this raid are: Fixing the boss pathing/lag and increasing the enrage timer by a max of 5 minutes.
    Danaleigh, DaciksBB and Drogba like this.
  10. Mintalie Augur

FWIW I did this and also started a fresh log file and had zero lag issues last night. Maybe coincidence or maybe it helped, regardless I'm happy.
    kizant likes this.
  11. Fooba Augur

Drogba likes this.
  12. Fintank Augur

13. Drogba Augur

^^that

Any players/guilds that are thinking the end is nigh for them because they can't beat this event, that's a them issue, not a game content issue. Sort yourselves out people, why should all victories be guaranteed to you. Earn it, and if your situation prevents you from being able to, then you have to just accept that and put this event on the backburner and come back to it another time. Life goes on.

Plenty of mid-tier guilds that i've been in that have hit roadblocks much earlier on in expansions due to performance related issues. Its not a new thing, and you aren't special.
    Cailen and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

That's not what my momma says...
    yepmetoo and Drogba like this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I agree with all of this, however: Why can't it be a both (guild and game) issue? How many pages is the you're killing the game thread, now?
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

So, a recap of how to more properly tune this raid:

The regen enrage timer is bunk.

The suggestion of making root banes not physically root-able is $$.

My personal beef: does the mana drain really need to be what it is post 25%?
  17. Lianeb Augur

Most of the mana drain is from the mephits being up to long.
    The zone wide drain is semi negligible depending on where you are in relation to center, and UEE locked or not.

The drain from the mephits will wipe it out quickly though. There is no cast or recast on it. I have been hit 27 times in a single second by it, luckily you have 10-15s to kill them before they start chain casting it at a blistering pace on the whole raid.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

This post nailed it.

Maeratas is 100% about 100% performance for 20 minutes max period.

I for one hope they never nerf it again.
  19. enclee Augur

Hypothetically this sounds terrific, merit based rewards for those that are best. The problem is you're just going to continually see less and less guilds completing content, as the best players flock together.
    The game is getting to a point where it really needs to question, whether having raids is a viable use of resources.

If less than 10 guilds are completing all your raid content, was it really worth the time to invest in it?
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Nature of the beast.

Especially when you try to help other's out who refuse to accept said help on how to run from 1 hallway to the next ..

Or how you get tanks who refuse to pick up mephit's when they run to said hallways ..

The better player's should not have to carry anyone .. EVERYONE .. should have to carry themselves thats not even debatable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.