Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are you talking about, the last time we had 36 person raids they where exactly the same as the 54 person raids. The only difference was that only difference was that only 36 people can get it.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

I answered your question you posed me. Allow me to show you the question you asked me.
    No raids should be cut. Back in SoD in grp content they had easy, normal, hard mode. (an going further back then that they actually introduced them in LDoN) Which gave differing levels of rewards. (Coins an the like)

I see absolutely nothing wrong with them offering up thee EXACT same raids with lessor gear (stats wise) for a 36 person raid team, then a 54 person raid team.

Exactly where was it I lost you because your first quoted post I put in this up above you appear to be lost ..

Explain to me whats the hard to understand / comprehend aspect ?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The only difference in the 36 and 54 person raids in SOD was the number of people that could participate in them. There was no difference in difficulty in them and the only difference would be that 18 people would sit out and you could get more loot from them.

In the case that you are proposing you would have fewer people in the raid and give worse loot which is the opposite of the SOD model which had fewer people and gave better loot.
  4. Allayna Augur

[IMG]
  5. Warpeace Augur

Blunt, however accurate.
  6. AAKK New Member

The numbers on the new progression server is STAGGERING.

People aren't interested in the latest expansions. Heck, a *LOT* of people are still grinding AA in places like EoK. The people number of people interested in your raid content is dropping and you double down on it? GG~
  7. Endaar Augur

Putting aside everything else in your post, part of the problem seems to be that creating gear is FAR more time consuming than any of us would reasonably expect it to be.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I previously mentioned this in another thread but what would the raiding community think about "favors" similar to the anniversary mission defending knowledge.

Have unique favors you can request before starting the event. For each favor you accept it would remove one item from the chest. There could be achievements associated with completing raids without accepting any favors.

If the favors were powerful enough to help out an undermanned raid it could solve a lot of the numbers issues while also not forcing guilds who already field a full raid force to do split raids and such. I would also imagine it would require less developer time since they already have similar mechanics in place with that mission. Just an out of the box idea that has been used before but not in this setting to my knowledge.
    Chuchu likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And the question is why. There is zero reason for it to be that time intensive.
    Endaar and Jhenna_BB like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I believe the reasoning was player power comes more from gear now than AA's. I'm not saying I agree with it - and I hope that stance is toned down a bit. Ok, more than a bit lol.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

That's literally exactly what makes a player hardcore. Following directions impeccably.
    Endaar likes this.
  12. Horyuken Augur

Nothing is more rewarding then when you and 46 others show up for your appointment and 7 don't so you spend 3 hours waiting for discs and medding after repeated wipes. It's nice you have the 54 out of about 200 game wide that will show up every raid and camp lockouts so you can get everything on farm. What you don't get is most guilds don't have this luxury and raids like this punish them for it to the point you can't win no matter how good you are (IE enrage timers, getting the mechanics down etc). It is hard core to make EQ as much of your schedule as you do work.

The player base has grown up, most of us aren't college kids anymore and have wife's, kids, and other responsibilities. To make the time needed to get a lot of this done you absolutely have to be hardcore, make no doubt about it in the land of EQ; TIME=Hardcore this is the only thing that has ever been true.
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. Sancus Augur

No, it's not. Hardcore is a measure of time investment, not aptitude or capability. The latter is what is required to beat content; the former is a scapegoat people use to make themselves feel better about lacking the latter.
    Spellfire, Daedly, Scornfire and 3 others like this.
  14. Horyuken Augur

Time investment = Aptitude & Capability this is a universal truth.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. GoneFission Augur

I started playing this game when PoP was just new. I started raiding when LDoN was still hot, and PoRo was either new or about to come out. I raided end game content until UF came out, and I quit playing from VoA until around CotF or maybe TDS, I don’t know.

I don’t play even group content near end game. I just dabble around between EoK and entry level RoS. I play mostly casters with a couple non-tank melee in a three person box group. I’m completely self-taught with suggestions from Sancus and many others good enough to post ways to improve. Since I three box without using other software, I don’t play one character singly enough to completely optimize that gameplay. My only success measure is mobs get dead and tasks get completed.

All my friends and former guild mates have quit or moved on to other servers. While it would be nice to have a populated guild chat again, it’s also nice that no one needs me to be logged in and ready to play on any given day or any given time. I three box when I feel like it, and I usually log in with a specific plan to get a specific task done. I don’t inflict my unpredictable play time on any guilds, so it’s almost always just me.

I’m not bragging or begging for anything, that’s just what I bring to the game these days. I have no idea how many of me there are, just fooling around the best I can, playing what and how I feel like. I am the filthy casual so many of you speak of.

If there’s anything killing ‘my’ game, it’s the slow slide towards twitch play, where things have to be timed in split seconds, and group play becomes raid-like in synchronized movement, or mechanics that have to be pulled off with multiple independent actions that I can’t pull off with my unassisted boxing skills

Otherwise, as long as I get to progress at my own pace and play how I choose, the game today is still quite good for me.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Of all the people to make this distinction you are a poor choice, sir. (You elitist bastage! Lookin down on us common peasants!)

<3
  17. Endaar Augur

This would make more sense if the gear was anything other than cookie-cutter. We all know the next expansion is going to add a few hundred HME, minor heroics, etc. Focus effects are going to stay in the same slot they are. There's got to be something we're missing. On the surface it seems like a couple hundred lines of code could auto-generate this stuff in a matter of minutes.
  18. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Sometimes it's more the framework within which you must work than the difficulty of the actual task itself.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Endaar Augur

Yep, I understand that and I suspect that's the case. But that said these are all items in a database somewhere. If the front-end to that data is so bad that it takes an excessive amount of time to create an item, then perhaps they should be changing how they interact with the data in the first place.

I'm not faulting the devs - I'm sure they have a near impossible task to do as much as they do with the resources they have. But at some point, if the difficulty in creating items is limiting their ability to tune events and provide content for a variety of skill levels, then perhaps fixing whatever roadblock is causing that difficulty is a worthwhile investment of time.
  20. Nifty Slacker Augur

The people who can do it are proud that they can do it. But, more than this, they are glad that others can not do it. It's an abhorrent way of thinking but it's right in tune with daybreaks design choices. Daybreak does not aim to please the majority.