Rare enemy Memorial day weekend bonus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by divirgmar, May 26, 2019.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

2. phaeril Augur

We kind of lucked out on NK on mangler, got them all done in maybe 12 hours of just brute force killing everything that moves. Lesser Faydark is another one that's wicked brutal.

The mob that I've spent more time on than anything (even king xorbb only took two or three days) is "a ferocious hammerhead" in kedge, drops the Driftwood Treasure Chest. I'm not sure if it's an only day/night kind of spawn or even have any hint of his %, I've never seen it and leveled two groups in kedge on mangler, and spent a ton of time during bonus rares on agnarr. With a 15 minute spawn timer and only the one spawn, it's pretty brutal. Over the years I'm sure I'm pushing in the 200 to 300 place holders count, kind of hard to keep track very specifically.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea I didn't have to much troubles on hammerhead and it did drop the chest (surprising since most hunter drop nothing or junk). the 40 hour one for me was a seahorse patriarch. I heard lesser fay was tough but my luck I was doing ldon mm missions so I just killed on my way to zone and eventually I got them all to spawn (on my ranger). Mina was the toughest one for me to get or least was the last one.

Andarriel
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The one hunter I fear most is vaniki 122 hrs spawn and with it dropping nice weapon its perm camped on fv. Ill just have to be lucky I guess just wish it wasn't on the list.

Andarriel
  5. Shanarias Augur

I obviously work lower level content than most of you, but last weekend in Blackfeather Roost, the "rare" Hungry Mountain Bear was one of the more common mobs in that series of caves with the bears and the spiders.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Back in the day used to kill in roost a lot was even there on my ranger doing achievement sight for sore eyes (conquest) 5000/5000. Island before the queen was real good a lot of harpes. Prob saw more as the weekend there was a 50% on rares. nice things bout those mob is there drops sell for decent pp to vendor.

Andarriel
    Shanarias likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Are there any plans on adding hunters to expansions that don't have them yet? Underfoot would be fun nowadays.

Andarriel
    Prathun likes this.
  8. Hannah Journeyman

I would love any news on this as well! Eagerly awaiting GoD and OoW.

...Hannah...

Andarriel and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  9. Lenivaya Journeyman

I would also love to have the remaining, iirc 8 expacs with hunters. Mainly God and UF though tbh.
    I love doing these old hunters, and more excuse to spend time in God is always good for me.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I compiled a full list of GoD rares for hunter and raid targets for conquest if it would help.
    Andarriel likes this.
  11. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Rare Spawn Bonus days seems to kick this dead horse: Once again, I have been killing in Field of Bone for many hours with a 76% increase in rare spawn rate.... its been several days. Not a single rare has popped.

I cant figure out the trick to this zone. … I have finished hunter in every zone.... EVERY zone. except this one. (and a small hand full in GMM)

The insanity.... Any tips?
  12. AcemoneyFV Augur

I just join those people. It's ridiculous on the FV server in old world zones. ToV, SSRA, etc.. if you zone in there's just players sitting beside the spawn. The same people for months. I even message them asking for an invite for kill credit, nothing. So I decided when I'm watching TV or something I go sit on the spawns right along with them. Most of the toons are Heroic so I know they aren't going to KS me if I agro first. :p