Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Tenken Augur

Another want:

Focus Effect:Sympathetic Frost

on one of the main (1-handed) mnk/bst weapons (in the future content)
  2. kizant Augur

That's for the expansion where 1/2 the mobs resist cold.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Metapsyche Augur

Programming language in social commands. Specifically If statements....
    Metanis likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

#StillNoEvictButton4U?

Who could have known?
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Gremin Augur

Updated raid tool with more functionality pls
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  6. Abitrator New Member

Make guidestones stackable. I got other items I want stackable, will edit as they come to me lol.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A login server which doesn't go down while the play servers are up!
  8. Warpeace Augur

Login server status on the server status page?
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

High guild ranks should be indicated in the guild tag. Probably stars following the guild name? Also /who-able
  10. Abitrator New Member

More lines for macros. Simplify the coding for two commands on one line. I always have to research how to do this every time I try.

I doubt they'd ever allow programming commands, if/endif, etc. in macros simply because it would make automation too easy and too tempting.

Better documentation of commands and gameplay in general. EQ has to be poorest documented game in existence. They're entirely dependent on outside sites and fan-generated content as how-to's, FAQs, knowledge bases and guides. It's really rather incredible, when you think about it. I'd say 95% of the time I don't use any in-game "help", instead I open a browser window and use allakhazam, eqresource, raidloot or some other more helpful and current site. But that works fine so I wouldn't want DBG wasting "development" time on better documentation.
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

• Add buttons for music volume, audio mute and to swith between fullscreen and window mode to the character selection screen. When I am pressing Alt-Return my character does often enter the world instead that the view mode does get switched. When entering the world in window mode my fullscreen UI then does get screwed because of a bug.
    • Anon characters should hide their guild name and guild rank. Guild recruiters just target characters and then type /guildstat to pester the character when he is in an unknown small guild or guildless.
    • Add an NPC or doors outside the guild lobby in PoK that can transport characters directly to their guild hall instead of having to run through the guild lobby zone first.
    • Add an NPC merchant for augment solvents to PoK or add these items to an existing shop. Outside or inside the big bank would be a good spot.
    • Add an option to be able to change the character's origin. Currently this can be only done once for All Access member by the command /setstartcity. When someone is just typing this command to check its function this one time option is wasted forever. Origin should not be bound to All Access instead it could be a marketplace "feature".
  12. svann Augur

It would be nice if while using 3rd person camera view the camera was smart enough not to go behind a bush, or a curtain, or a wall.
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Or give players flame throwers to burn them down!
  14. Whulfgar Augur

How about an Aug merger ?

Taking our older out dated aug's an being able to pick another aug an merge them together ?

Allowing us to merge our choice of aug's together would be beast mode !
  15. Warpeace Augur

If we could do that with the ones from the Void like the Bask, kick type mod ones would be awesome.
    Metanis and Whulfgar like this.
  16. Angahran Augur

Ability to 'grab' items from any house that you have access to whether you own it or not.
    'Find' for all houses you have access to.

Bazaar filter for collectibles that you already have or need.
    Also, same filter for 'find' and for plots (when looking at 'open' homes with collectibles.)
  17. Brohg Augur

Long duration auras (not "fighting" auras i.e. enc/dru procs) for all classes should be backfilled to "permanent" duration as the shm Pact of Wolf.

Long duration auras for nearly all classes should be cast as part of their Unity self buff AA. War, Pal, Cle, Shm, Mag, Mnk, Ber all have no options to consider where auras are concerned, so theirs should be automatic. On the precedent of caster/cle Unities which have stacking considerations anyhow, I'd lump in brd Overhaste aura & enc Twincast aura as well, since they're the pick 99.9% of the time
    Koryu and Daedly like this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Please--Please--Please
    eepok and Risiko like this.
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You can /guildstatus a person to find out what rank they are in their guild, but that's a per-person command workaround.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would like to suggest a couple of changes to the advanced loot system.

1. Have the additional filter option to automatically set items to be left on corpse, for example quest items that you know that you or none of your party members will want.

Notes - players still have the option to loot dropped items directly off the corpses after anyways. The main benefit of this is not allowing the advanced loot screen to fill up with unwanted items & reduce the amount of time Master looters waste manually dropping unwanted items, secondary benefit is that many Advanced loot bug crashes to desktop are probably attributable to a build up of items when you are not manually dropping those unwanted items, they current stay on the tool far too long & can build up to high numbers in a fast-paced group.

2. If the above cannot be done add a secondary "assign all" button, so that master looters can assign all loot to the master looter on one button & assign all the remainder to be left on corpse afterwards on the other, at least this streamlines the process of manually dropping unwanted items rather than have to mess with the fiddly drop-down menu each time you want to do that.