Hidden Bag Slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 29, 2019.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Has a solution ever been found for having too many bag slots open at once and some of them being hidden? I've finally reach a point where when I open all my bags, I'm missing several slots worth of items in the visible display.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmmm have not had this happen or heard of it in EQ? So if your bags have say 20 slots and you open all your bags at once then there is a chance some of them will not show all 20 slots?

Custom UI?

Do you have to stretch your bag window to see all the slots?

Wish I could help more but never had this happen and I use Shift B frequently
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

I think there was a limit to the amount of EQ screen drawing.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

All but one of my bags has 40 slots or more. When I open all of them at once, it doesn't draw some of the slots. I think GNOME_POWER is correct, and they just haven't done anything about it, even with the introduction of MUCH larger bags than they started with.

The window is still the proper size. There's just... blank space. I don't know how to describe it better. I do have a custom UI, but it happens in default, too.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

http://elitegamerslounge.com/images/ui_error/

It seems to be a limit to the number of icons that can be displayed, which iirc was something like 1100. This includes inventory icons, buff icons, hotbar icons, icons in the advanced loot window, etc.

I made that about 5 and a half years ago. It's an old bug, but as far as I know they've never been able to figure out what causes it / fix it.

Only extreme hoarders used to encounter it but over time as bigger bags become more common (and they added 2 more shared bank slots) more people are starting to see it.

When I open my bank now (every bag is 36+) 4 whole bags and part of a 5th completely disappear, and that is just the bank itself, without opening my inventory.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thank you Beimeith for the pic - that helps explain it. Bet you were glad when they allowed stacking to 1000 :D

Just goes to show because one has never heard of something does not mean it has not happened to others (nudge nudge wink wink to all those who doubt my posts sometimes );)
  7. Lianeb Augur

I thought they increased this during TBL beta
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, that was something else.
  9. Nniki Augur

This was what was said during Beta:
    Last reply regarding the issue:
    Whulfgar and Ssdar like this.
  10. kizant Augur

Close one of your bags.