Zephyr Named Need to be TONED DOWN

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, May 21, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Reading some of the posts on this thread. It makes me curious now, just how many "bad" tanks are out there.. If this many people are posting about agro, lack there of an other such scenario's.
  2. Repthor Augur

over 9000
  3. Tucoh Augur

When I see a DPS hesitating I just blast this in discord until they bump their numbers up.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  4. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Is this why Silent Sun is beating me down? I was killing myself on him over and over and didn't even realize I was dying to DS until a friend joined me for Brass Palace mission. We eventually completed it, but it was tough. What progression do I need to hit to remove that DS? (Before anyone asks: Yes, I have since created a separate chat window just for DS so I don't ever miss this again!)

I've honestly never been fond of progression because it feels like more of a chore than a fun game to do 4-5 expansions of missions just to get "caught up" if you weren't around for every expansion.

Is it realistic to expect to have all of the progression done through every expansion? Could I get by with say EOK (I was mostly through this) and ROS (haven't started), or how far back do I need to go with achievements?

I am in a slightly similar situation to the OP, but I have probably spent more time on my SK than he has on his War getting type 7/8 augs, clickies, type 5 augs, etc. I also had originally figured T1 zones would be the "getting started" place. FWIW, I can hit about 6800-6900 AC on my SK with Shaman buffs, Refute of Power, Torrent, and merc buffs. That's without discs. With discs, I can get over the 7K mark. It took a lot of tweaking, but I have been able to get past the T1 named mobs pretty easily now. I killed 9 of them last night in Stratos. I wiped 2 or 3 times: once due to a roamer bringing some friends along, and the other times because Dawnbreeze was on steroids or something. I have also been able to kill some named mobs in T2 Empyr after a good deal of work. I can kill Wilting Flames, Mischief Darkheart, and Shockstone.

In short, I'm in a similar spot as the OP (I have 2 pieces of Adamant gear, a few battleworn, but mostly weeping and then GMM for non-vis). I am heavier in the AA department though. I'm around 36-37K on the SK. I use SK, Shm, Mage with healer merc and 2 dps mercs (I like melee dps for the shaman buffs, but on some mobs like silent sun, the casters are better).

TLDR: What progression do I need complete in TBL to drop the 12k DS?
    How far back do I reasonably need to go in past expansions for progression for the heroic stats?

Thanks.
  5. Allayna Augur

Use a real cleric that can mark.
    Play a paladin that can mark.
    Farm the Terror Juju.
    If none of those work for you, then turn attack off while the DS is on.

There is no progression to "block" the ds.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Speaking of damage shields (or reverse lifetap I guess) I recently did Cactikii again with my new berserkers who summarily all blew themselves up within seconds of engagement. It was a re-enactment of this

But yeah, you can use what allayna said (and blood drinker's coating and a few other things) but any melee needs to know when a mob has a DS and be very quick at not swinging at them. That might even mean switching to a non-dmg weapon. Tanks have to be able to maintain aggro without swinging their weapons (which isn't a big deal even for warriors).

Other DS that'll wreck you if you let it:
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=42606
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=45648

Casters (and hybrids, get rekt pal/SKs) have the same problem with spell reflect.

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=45632
  7. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Thanks. I mis-read the quote from before. I thought the implication was that the 12K DS would not go away until after a certain point of progression, kind of like the DoT from "green" mobs in EoK/RoS. Mea culpa.

I will look into the Terror's juju. I think I've looked this up before, but if the DS is really 12,000, will 30 hps per hit in healing really make a difference?
  8. Tolzol Augur

Reverse dmg shields overwrite/cancel out a dmg shield so yes
    Allayna and Whulfgar like this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

It will over write the self buff (ds) on the mob.
    It won’t help you for those that cast a reverse dmg shield on you
  10. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I know what I'm getting this week!
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

/cry
  12. Allayna Augur

Next thing on the nerf list....terror juju....because of this thread, lmao.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Tolzol Augur

Meh it gets resisted often, unless they just nerf marks overall. Either way though zerkers swing slow lol /shrug
    Tucoh likes this.