What to do in Ldon?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, May 27, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

What do 65s typically do during Ldon? I dont remember much of the expansion. Will be doing it on Selos so with only a month of time, what will typical raid geared 65s be doing? Are any of the augs from running dungeons even worth getting? WIll it just be raiding for augs, and a few armor drops?
  2. phattoni Augur

nothing really to do except collect augs and run ldons to max charm aug, im not sure anyone will have the charm maxed in era since it requires 200+ successful ldons or something like that.

but i hope you like the plane of time.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Machentoo Augur

Someone surely will, even on Selo's schedule.

And it is more like 600+ successful ldons to max.
  5. Spayce Augur

I can’t speak for all 65s on Coirnav, but I’m personally 6 boxing normal boss kill missions over and over for the 10ac augs and the 40hp augs for my SK main.

There are also good items for alts that may not have access to elemental/time raid gear. Some of the items I’ve targeted:

Pet focus aug for mage.
    Singing and brass augs for bard.
    Flowing thought augs for all casters.
    Extended blessing aug for shaman.
    Both spells for cleric.
    Call of muse song for bard.
  6. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

How do you collect the augs though, is that what you get for running the dungeons? Are the dungeon ones any good, cause if they are just str, sta, etc then that would mean I dont need to run any dungeons if im not interested in the the charm upgrades. The only augs I care about are dmg, and atk that I can think of.
  7. Evantil Drop Bear Spite Golem

There is an aug that can drop that can go into shields. This aug will be used for a very long time. It can fit into a slot that pairs well with slot 7 augs. If I was at home I could look up the name but I am sure someone will point it out for me.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Use the link in my previous post. In the top slot where it says "item type" use the arrow to drop down and select "aug"

Look thru the list and find what you want.

Look to the left and see the name of the dungeon and how many points your aug costs

Go do missions in that dungeon till you have that many points. You are awarded points per mission based on difficulty and type. Not sure if this applies to tlp but in 2017 patch they upped the point system

March 08, 2017

*** Quests And Events ***

- Lost Dungeons of Norrath reward points have been increased for more difficult adventure types.
    - - Kill count type adventures have not changed.
    - - Collect type adventures now reward 20% more points.
    - - Boss type adventures now reward 50% more points.
    - - Hostage rescue type adventures now reward 75% more points.
  9. phattoni Augur

you get points from doing the ldons, use them to buy augs, but the best augs will come from the raid bosses i believe.
  10. phattoni Augur

thats a lot of ldons lol...

i was bored after 2 weeks on lockjaw.
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

That's kind of the problem with a 20 year old game with 25 expansions, each of which was originally intended to be 6 months' to a year's worth of content.
  12. Dahaman Augur

Getting the LDON augment to max isn't at all required for the next expansion.

The game can and should have minor stretch goals that not all or even half will achieve (I certainly will not be able to achieve it). Stretch goals are actually a good thing for the game. This is one of them.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

That's not what I mean. It's not about being required for the next expansion, it's about the original intent of how much time these stretch goals should take.

It is good in the present for a game to have ancillary and optional goals to aim toward, within the vacuum of the content being current. It's not necessarily an intrinsic good for content from fifteen years ago to be meant to take as much time now as it did back then.
  14. Dahaman Augur

If it was required, then you are 100% correct that it should not take so long.

Since it is not required, hence optional, there is nothing wrong at all with it taking the same time. People need to understand that there are too many options available to always get everything. There should be something for the extremists to do as well.

The LDON augment is actually very nice in that it scales in power with effort people put into it instead of being an all or nothing affair.
  15. Junior00 Elder

I believe the count is 366 for a full aug, not 600. You can still do them quick, but as others have mentioned the aug gets replaced relatively quickly (especially on Selo). I am failing to find the breakdown of exactly how many wins are needed per camp, I am sure someone from Agnarr here could post the exact counts.
  16. SunDrake Augur

17. Alikat Lorekeeper

Finished my aug Monday, 19 days of grinding, but also worked 40 hours a week and raided 9 hours a week in that time(and didn't lose *that* much sleep). So it's very doable in 3 months if people just try and do a few a day.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Great example why this aug will be skipped.

You're basically saying that if you're a normal person with a job then you need to no life your free time doing uncompelling content for a marginal upgrade.

Superb example of why this ldon expansion needs tweaking for tlp specifically.
  19. Xeris Augur

If you do 3 per day you're maxing in ~120 days. 5 per day and you max in 74 days. If you're REALLY pushing it, you can do normal ldons in ~10 mins each... so if you really tryhard about 1.5-2 hours per day for 74 days and you're there!
  20. Alikat Lorekeeper

My logic was, I just came back to the game and needed hundreds of aa's anyways. And that if I went hard for 2-3 weeks.. I don't need to do any other content except raids for the next 65 days. Then maybe I'll do breakdown in communication and burn myself out on progression all over again lol.