Server merge is not needed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, May 10, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

DBG has NOT said there will be no server mergers repeatedly. All they have said is that at present there are technical issues preventing server mergers.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ing-a-server-merge.257622/page-2#post-3788593

There is always the possibility of server mergers in the future at this point DBG has not stated they will never happen.
    Yinla and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  2. Yimin Augur

The link you post here is proof positive there will be NO server mergers , the best you can get at this time is transfer tokens , whole server could buy transfer tokens to merge with other servers , it would be smart if they lowered the price for a certain time to do it , since they can't do mergers at this time !

YiMin
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Allayna Augur

It’s Memorial Day Weekend, there’s a sale of 20% off the marketplace...transfer now!...or don’t.
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  4. Yimin Augur

Think that's for someone that works at DBG determine not you !

YiMin
  5. Allayna Augur

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Yimin Augur

Anyone can tell I was not talking about the %20 off , but you saying transfer now or don't , plus %20 percent just is not going to cut it for some people , some have from 1-6 accounts and l more then one alt on each account , this is going to get very expensive , reducing the transfer token to 25 percent or even lower will allow the players themselves to merge server , with out the headache of DBG even having to do a thing , except sell transfer tokens , no Derv will even need to be contacted for name change because the player will have to take care of it themselves ....

YiMin
  7. Bahdah Augur

Allayna, please. Careful who you open our doors to, theres a lot of craycrays out there.
    Elyssanda and Allayna like this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yes, before the merger the gaming needs of those in the guilds were being met and the guilds were doing well and advancing. After the merger there was overcrowding, both in zones as well as in guilds in all tiers. After the mergers it was difficult for low-mid tier guild groups to find camps in the content they previously had no issue getting camps in. There were also about twice as many guilds further in progression than them then before the mergers, and the ones from the other server saw all of those guilds as new places to recruit from and did so when the guilds from the same server knew all the people and did not actively recruit out of those guilds, but instead just allowed them to apply. So the number of people being recruited out of the mid-tier guilds more than doubled, and then the recruitment out of the low-tier guilds more than quadrupled. Add to that those who didn't like the now overcrowded state of the servers chose to leave the game for a while to avoid the stress. This typically left the remaining people in the guilds unable to even do what they did before the server mergers let alone advance.

The first 3-4 months after the mergers were filled with guilds cannibalizing each other. Then you have the major changes which the community of the server is going through in the typically different cultures of the merged servers vying for survival as well. It all didn't really stabilizing for 4-6 months, at which point it was a different server with a new community.

The modern TLP servers of which almost all use the Truebox server tech will never be merged with the other live servers; they will only ever be merged with each other as they finish the progression to whatever the current expansion is; assuming that they are that abysmally low as to actually need such a thing.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well there would be no issues of getting camps for groups and I disagree somewhat regarding cannibalization. I think server mergers offer new opportunities to folks and that is were you see a rationalization of guilds.

Before the merger people were fine where they were because they had no other option. I just don't see how a merger affects someone completely happy with the guild they are in. I think the reality is some are not completely happy.

Back in the day actively recruiting from other guilds happened a fair bit. I think it happens less so now just because we are all older and hopefully more mature. But merger or no merger that activity is going to happen.

Again the thing is if someone is completely happy where they are I don't understand how a merger suddenly makes them unhappy.

What you seem to be saying is you are against mergers because guilds will make offers to those in your guild and they will leave. When it comes down to it isn't it all about what makes the players happiest playing EQ? If that means changing guilds after a merger is that a bad thing? Avoiding server mergers is almost holding hostage some of the members so the other members can be happy.

I run a large casual guild. Raid guilds are always offering spots to players in my guild. Usually they mention it to me whether they take the offer up or not so I know how often it happens. But if they go that is fine if it makes the game fun for them.

I never like to see guilds die or become shadows of themselves One day the same could happy to my guild. But you can't hold on to people by trying to limit their options. That's just my opinion though I respect the fact that your opinion is different.
    Daedly likes this.
  10. Allayna Augur

A merger is forced, server transfer tokens are optional.

I prefer the option of not moving OR having others crammed into our servers, tyvm.
  11. Spankage Elder

How many other servers have only a single viable raiding option? Posting from Tunare
  12. Yimin Augur

Antonius Bayle (Kane Bayle) 1 raid guild is in The Palace Gates , none in the final zone Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Bertoxxulous (Tholuxe Paells) None in TBL T3

Brekt None in TBL T3

Bristlebane (Solusek Ro) 3 raid guild is in The Palace Gates , but none in Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Cazic Thule (Brell Serilis) 2 raid guild is in The Palace Gates ,one in the final zone Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Drinal (Tarew Marr) 1 guild in The Palace Gates none in Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Erollisi Marr (Morell-Thule) None in TBL T3

Firiona Vie (Roleplaying Preferred) 1 raid guild is in The Palace Gates ,1 in the final zone Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Luclin (Veeshan) 1 guild in The Palace Gates ,none in the final zone Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Povar (Morden Rasp) 1 raid guild is in The Palace Gates ,and in the final zone Unfettered Emerald Excellence

The Rathe (Karana) 1 raid guild is in The Palace Gates none in Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Tunare (E'ci) None in TBL T3

Xegony (Zebuxoruk) 3 raid guild is in The Palace Gates ,2 in the final zone Unfettered Emerald Excellence

14 raid guilds in The Palace Gates and 5 in Unfettered Emerald Excellence

Hope that answers the question !

YiMin
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Slight correction here
    5 have beaten Unfettered Emerald Excellence, and beatten all raids in TBL
    14 guilds have beaten The Palace Gate and are working on Unfettered Emerald

X number of guilds have beaten the T2 raids and are now working on The Palace Gate.

Just because they are not listed as beatting a raid doesn't mean they are not there and attempting it.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Yimin Augur

Yes I am sure many are attempting it , I wish them all great success ! Go team EQ

YImin