Don't Trip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hissteria, May 22, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

The problem in the video I posted is that if you run too close to the fire boss (on the way to fight the water boss) before it's his turn, the game will punt you and you can fail. That gets a lot of people.

Next time I run it I'm thinking about just resetting the mission until the fire boss is first, just to avoid that problem.
  2. Arraden Augur

The only time I have been in groups where it's failed, is when someone in group presses a wrong key, or does something dumb.

Tips to not failing - don't take noobs - move off of the landing portal as soon as you land, in case someone is behind you - click off levi - banish pets - use "click" rather than walking onto the portal - don't walk too far away from the portal if you land at one of the entry points.
  3. svann Augur

I can only imagine that the pass/fail check is interfering with the jump code. Maybe one server is lagging the other.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Congratulations.

You're lucky.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Smokezz like this.
  5. svann Augur

I have no idea whether people are failing because they screwed up or because the game code screwed up, but I can say Ive done it with selos on more than a couple times without personal failure.
    Jennre likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had a couple of fails, every single fail I have landed at the correct spot and then been ported else where, more like a double bounce. I take my hands off the keyboard and wait until I've landed before moving off the land spot. I click the portal instead of moving onto it, so I am not moving when I get ported.

It doesn't do it all the time, I can see no rhyme or reason for fails, I've had good runs through and bad runs through, I've failed the same jump 3 times in a row, the 4th going through doing the exact same thing.

I believe it is a fail in the landing/jumping script as opposed to player error, or down to lag.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

I can say that at one time, myself and another guy had no problems while everyone else was plagued by the issues, so we boxed it numerous numerous times completing the achievement for people. But now when I do it I experience landing and being immediately teleported back to the entrance resulting in a failure, and nothing has changed from when I did it all those times as for how I do it now. I did it with mercs, lev, pets, no prob, but now it wont work any way about it, though im not concerned because mine has been done for over 5 months =/
  8. Tallie Elder

My favorite was when I would carefully (very carfully!) step on the portal, warp to zone in, see the failure message, and then warp to the correct spot as if nothing had happened!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

If they didn't take away free expansions from Test Server starting with TDS, this would have been reported and fixed long ago.
  10. Allayna Augur

Reported in beta.
  11. Voxynn Elder

People aka gamers never screw up mechanics..

Have you not been paying attention to the threads at all lately ?

I can't level up from 50 to 110 in a days time because nobody plays those levels .. devs fix it..

This is the mentality of posters on the forums lately.. And with that type of toxic back fill.. how can anyone ever take responsibility for their own mess ups.. answer.. they can't and wont..

So any one who ever fails at anything in eq. Devs.. pls fix it..
    Arraden likes this.
  12. Daktarr Lorekeeper

It is not a bug. Don't hit the bird. Why do you think they have it flying around? Not sure how close you can come without failing, but that is the key.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Did i get too close to the bird in this video?

14. Willy Loman New Member

Ya, that's not it unless I am misunderstanding you. I got both the Don't Trip and Just Passing Through achievements on the same run on the same character.

Here's another pet theory of mine: I think landing on auras may cause the bounce sometimes, so when I am trying for this I turn off auras (it usually, but does not always, seem to work).
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would love to hear the Dev's logic on coding the fails for this achievement.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  16. Requiesce Journeyman

As a software engineer myself, I wish I had customers like you. I don't have to fix my bugs because you just tell the rest of my customers its their fault.

It's so annoying to see people defend DBG like they're some sort of charity doing EverQuest out of the kindness of their hearts.
  17. Drogba Augur

One thing I've noticed, having done about 40 runs of this mission, is that certain players are more likely to get bounced than others. Some will seemingly never get bounced, others almost guaranteed in 1-10 jumps, to the point that you can't run the mission with them unless you sit them at the zone in. I even watch the players with this problem to make sure it isn't an incompetence thing, e.g. them not standing on the teleport pads correctly, but it isn't. Something funky is definitely going on. The players that have trouble, i've asked about their pc/internet and some have said they run pretty modern rigs and have fast cable or fibre internet.
  18. The real Sandaormo Augur

Took us a few times and was just myself/War and a shaman killing the final mob as to not risk any more jumps. I think 6 different peoples lag is one of the biggest problems on this achieve.
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Not a solution, but to reduce the number of jumps (and therefor chances to fail), use your Stratos Lamp or Fellowship Insignia to get back to the starting jump pads once you've finished a boss path. Leaving the zone doesn't count as falling.
  20. eqgamer Augur

Don’t let me trip, because if I trip, then I’m trippen?