Manglers "Seasons" and "alphabet Necros"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protius, May 21, 2019.

1. Grailer Augur

Having been to Rathe Mountains and seen zero bots I don’t think you should become a gambler .. just saying.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Evade Augur

Not sure if he got banned but if so thank you Daybreak. Had a lot of fun farming there today
    Ghostdog likes this.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The mentioned accounts were all on Mangler.
  4. yerm Augur

Not sure you can answer, but, for my own curiosity... How many people submitted valid petitions that contained firm evidence (eg a YouTube link) that assisted in this?

If there were almost none it will help me validate my "film it" forum warrioring. If there were dozens I may need to slow my roll.
  5. Gana Augur

Even though I don't really play on Mangler, thank you for cleaning out some of the bots.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  6. Camniala New Member

Thank you!!!
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

This...
    Ghostdog likes this.
  8. Meridian Augur

So, is anyone going to take a look at all of the other spots the botters are at?
  9. Ghostdog New Member

I went out to rathe mts myself to see this situation on mangler realm .Everything being said in reguards to it and the cheating and botting seem to be totally true.
    I tried to nab some hill giants on my character and I did get a select few of them and pull them back far enough to kill them , but I have delt with bots before and this is very bad.
    The situation seems to be harassment to me .
    Some players seem to forget that this area served a purpose besides plat earning .
    The giants of this level served as very good leveling exp for a level hard to gain exp in originally in the classic experience. I normally hunt them to gain experience at specific levels , You cant do that now . Its definetly interfering with game play, and normal progression.
    The boxed toons per say are one shooting the mobs and have them down before they can even be pulled off of the hill . There are so many of them you cant get a position to pull from .Thus they are in fact controlling the entire zone .
    They also let many fine valued item go completely to waste others need , such as fine steel weapons for selling.
    My acct is paid for. This boxing situation is interfearing with my game play and many others time. The situation in everfrost is very similar to the one in Rathe.
  10. Thygrym Elder

Spent a good deal of time in Rathe over the holiday weekend and there were no bots at all. Was making about 1k plat per hour when before I’d be lucky if I could get 100 pp in an hour. Also checked out the ice giants and no bots there either. So unless the botters were off chasing loot drops due to the bonus, they seemed to be gone.
  11. Hadesborne Augur

The Rathe Mnt Botter is gone. There was a guy locking down the IGs in Everfrost with his team of mages but I didn't stick around to see if he was using automation.
  12. Thygrym Elder

Thanks for getting rid of some. The other day someone was selling 20 pairs of GEBs ... actually advertising buying in bulk so you could resell them. So the problem hasn’t been completely fixed. I’ll have to go check the efreeiti camp, royals, etc once to see if those bots are still going. It should be quite easy to find them...just go to the camps where high demand items drop.

Seb is going to be a mess once Kunark goes live. The fighting over that zone is going to be epic.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It would be completely trivial for a person to buy up a fair amount of GEBs at 2k plat and sell them at 2.5k plat right now on Mangler. That doesn't mean they are cheating or botting.

Hell, I made a killing in early April buying SSoYs for 700 plat or so and selling them for a Krono when the price of a Krono was around 1.5k and I wasn't even 2-boxing yet.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto I enjoy the bot users they are the best suppliers of goods I've yet to see. :D
  15. Risiko Augur

Something happened. The people cheered.

Now we wait to see how long until they come back.
  16. Barder-mangler Augur

I actually dont mind farmers for the most part, they help with liquidity in the marketplace, especially krono. I actually bought 30 pairs of GEBS the other day from someone (probably the same guy that was mentioned, for what it’s worth he said he had started with 70 pairs at the beginning of the day) at a steep discount, netted around 15k in a one day flip. I do think price fixing can be problematic, I have a feeling he was artificially limiting supply , if you check tlp auctions there was an interesting spike in GEBS for about a few days there.
    On a personal level I can’t stand botters, but I’m certainly not going to let a market opportunity go to waste
  17. I got dem boots New Member

I don't think "he" was limiting the supply. More like he gets super lazy when it comes to selling things and they stack up over time. Also don't get your hopes up on seeing him banned because unlike the other, he is actually always playing, not a rmt'er, and doesn't really have a reason for farming them other than watching krono count go up. He is probably causing rmters problems since all the krono are just being taken out of the economy and just sitting on an account.

Just a hunch...
  18. I got dem boots New Member

Side note. He had enjoyed getting 15+ trainers banned lately. Here's always recording
    code-zero likes this.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

And they are back in Rathe today - was a good two weeks when they were gone.

Now it is 4+ mages (onion/garlic/etc) heh.
  20. KronoKing Elder

When you have an increased exp rate on these servers, you have to ASSUME that they will be back. Unless they investigate the guy and track his trades/parcels to his accounts on different IPS that might be holding his kronos, then he will just start over under a new IP/VPN and be back at it in a week.

How many weeks did he farm before he got banned? So for the price of 6 kronos per group he probably made at least 10 times that before getting banned. If he got banned immediately now then it might make him rethink it, or maybe he'd come back again or move somewhere else, but if youre taking weeks to punish the guy.. then thats just the price of business.

It is absurd but in the end this will only lead to one thing like it always does: the nerfing of that mob. Soon HGs will either spawn a lot faster and everywhere, or have no platinum. Much like the chancellor in lake of ill omen after being permacamped, or the VP ground spawns spawning faster.