FV loot rules

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lindartwo Derescue, May 24, 2019.

1. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

Where might I find these "Rules" at? I tried a search on the forums and found about 234,56,789,876 posts that mention "FV loot rules" but not the rules themselves. Thank you in advance and safe hunting!
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Basically the rule that really matters is there isn't a No Trade flag on *almost any gear.

FV is also supposed to be a Roleplay-only server, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't been the case since 1999.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  3. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

Thank you BlueberryWerewolfe.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Roleplay preferred to be more accurate. The majority do not.

Most people play on FV because of the ability to freely trade most items in game.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  5. Fluid Augur

FV Eliminates no trade tags so it eliminates a lot of jumping through hoops. It still isn't perfect, just better then everything else. By that I mean most stuff that is no trade, people have figured out how to circumvent the rule on live servers, so it is just a waste of time. Multi-questing, selling loot rights, all that type of mischief are unnecessary. I'm beginning to believe the only people who like no trade tags on anything are Krono sellers. It could still be better, stuff like summoned items are temporary and not allowed to be traded through your bank slots. It would be better if you could do things like summon armor with your Magician and give it to your Enchanter for instance.
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It is an interesting argument that if people are circumventing the rule in order to trade their Krono and RMT, then if we were to remove the rule people would stop trading Krono and RMT.
  7. Kolani Augur

Actually, many of the quest items that are common multiquests are indeed no trade of FV. Ball of Golem Clay, Shattered Emerald of Corruption and certain other 1.0 items are.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Last I checked, summon gear does not have the 'No Storage' Tag, so you should have no issue summoning armor on your Mage, putting it in your shared bank, and camping into your Enchanter and removing it from your shared bank, as long as you don't leave it there for longer than 30minutes anyway.
  9. Abitrator New Member

FV loot rules are far easier than these "circumvention" methods mentioned above. Just make a toon on FV and check the /bazaar and see how much stuff is for sale which can't be sold on regular servers. Buying loot rights is hardly comparable and multiquesting has lots of limitations. Yes, prices can be "high", comparatively, but plat is also easily earned on FV due to the same loot rules.
    Skewert likes this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Not sure how anyone can think plat is easier to earn on FV then regular servers because of the loot rules. Sure you have to take an extra couple minutes on the other servers but its also done just as often.

I see all day long in general chat WTS loot rites for item X, can safely CoTH you to location or add you to fellowship pst.
  11. Abitrator New Member

Really? You acquire a nice drop on FV, it's tradeable so you loot it, transfer it to your Bazaar mule, price it reasonably, set up your trader, go to bed and it sells overnight. This happens to me all the time.

Selling loot rights... not everyone has a pocket mage, Warpeace. Requiring someone to join your Fellowship, I can count the ways that's not very efficient, especially if they're already IN a fellowship. Plus, every single sale is a PITA process. Not like the almost auto-sell process I described in the previous paragraph.

It's hardly worth arguing that plat is easier to earn on FV. Anyone who has played on both types of servers will know it for a fact, IMO.
    Skewert likes this.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

FV is great because of the EXTRA sauce! And Bleve's cookies.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  13. ntellect Augur

I play FV for the population and 50% XP. free trade loot is a plus, but countered by the high inflation. You need MILLIONS of plat to buy high end stuff. Though with my level 50 Druid I was able to buy a few upgrades at reasonable prices.
  14. Warpeace Augur

This is no different than other servers after looking around. You just have to buy the loot rites there.
  15. Protagonist Tank

This is incorrect. You can not put temporary items in the shared bank.
    Skewert likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can you put temporary items in housing storage? Or as decoration in housing?
  17. Metapsyche Augur

Can’t you just parcel mage gear to your other toon and it stays forever? Or did they fix that
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. tyrantula Elder

I used to do this on my SK about 8 months ago. Put a bunch of mage gear in the GGH or my house and pick it for later.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Guess they changed it at some point then, but then I haven't checked it lately.
    Yes, they will also stay. Getting them out can be a bit complicated though.
    I am pretty sure that they fixed it staying forever, but they can be parceled.
  20. SunDrake Augur

I am 99% sure you also cannot parcel pet gear. My experience is mostly TLPs, but I bought them on my Bazaar mule at some point over the last six months and remember having to do a ground drop to pick them up.