Suggestion on stopping bot farmers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomgamer, May 19, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

You shouldn't /hidecorpse if you are a rezzer. At least not if you include pc's. /hidecorpse npc seems to be ok most of the time.
  2. Nessirfiti Augur

I use npc, but it seems that shrunken corpses are murder to target for me.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Plenty of corpse hitboxes are small or oddly-placed compared to where the model appears to be, and it's entirely obnoxious trying to target them by clicking a lot of the time.

How about instead of demanding resources be redirected toward changing core mechanics with plenty of legitimate uses to solve a problem on a single server, we simply police people who are botting?
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  4. Grailer Augur

what about people who farm 12+ hrs a day who aren't bots ? something has to be done about them too right ?
  5. forbes77 Elder

cant find the dislike button :(
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I mean as long as they spend some part of the other 12 hours a day eating healthily and getting some exercise I don't know what should be done.
  7. Meredyth Augur

Another option for stopping bot farmers is when you see one, raid call your entire guild to that spot and just out DPS them. Do this enough and they will go away. This is totally within the acceptable play currently as DPS races are king. No OOC chat, radio silence, no training, just pure DPS race.

It works. Until instancing at which point, who really cares what they do anymore?
  8. yerm Augur

There are plenty of suggestions that get thrown around that I disagree with, think are bad, think are shortsighted... removing the target command is literally THE worst one.

There is absolutely no way this person raids. No way. Or if they do, they are either a mediocre at best dps or a scumbag if non dps. No way does any bst or shm function without it amd their buff cooldown rots. No way for a cleric who participates in tank swaps while on ch rot. No real way for any buff class. No way for an offtank.

Put bluntly: if you do not make use of the target command, you are probably either not playing eq with groups of other people or you are not good at playing eq or both.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Corpse targeting sucks in EQ. /tar is my go-to.
    AAKK likes this.
  10. Xanathol Augur

Ironic...

You don't /target playername for buffs - you either work the group/raid window, use /rta for tells, or even mouse click a name.
    You don't setup /target hotkeys for a CH rot - you use /xtarget now or /assist heal.

If you are taking the time to type /target playername, perhaps WoW is more your speed.
  11. yerm Augur

Mouse clicking in a 72 person raid window? That better be a joke. You have to be out of your mind if you are doing this for selective buffing (its fine for raidwide of course). /rta works great if you get exactly one buff request at a time, its usefulness deteriorates with spam and is gone when you aren't sent a tell.

You absolutely set up tar hotkeys for use with a ch rot. Complete heal is a 10 second cast, the rotation needs to be on the next tank BEFORE ae taunt for any hot swaps, or when in cleanup from a death. You don't wait for the next tank to get agro and then pray every war has furious every time, and god forbid a knight is tanking... you target the next tank while the mages are dying and start the ch chain rolling. I have a /tar name hotkey for every person who has been in a tank rotation in a raid I was present for in amtrak. Every one.

Taking the time to type /target playername is for rez or voiced buff needs. "We ready?" "Almost, Hamshire needs DI still" I am now typing /tar Ham and not clicking for him or mousing through a 72 man raid window, that would be nuts.

You don't have to do this stuff. Everquest is an easy enough game that you can be bad and win. Just please don't try to nerf something any self respecting caster should be using just because YOU happen to not be good.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Nessirfiti Augur

Yes, I can totally click on my tanks on my cleric and run my shaman, my Rogue and my bard on a raid, especially as my clerics monitor is almost 90 degrees to my left, Let me just dislocate my arm. What I do have, is hotkeys for all of my tanks on my shaman and my cleric.

Also Lol CH rotations
  13. Meredyth Augur

Thank you for proving we can ignore what you say because you literally do not know how to play the game well. /target is an essential command. All good healers make hotkeys for each tank in their guild that say /target tankname so that they can simply hit a key and start healing them immediately. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, occasionally people type /target player name so they don’t waste precious seconds opening the raid window and clicking on a person, but usually /target is used in hotkeys. For example well played beastlords make Fero keys that target each DPS class and cast Fero so they can simply hit one key to refresh it when it drops.

Seriously stop trying to fix things that are not broken.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. code-zero Augur

I was in a raid alliance on the April 1st when the gag of the day was /stickfigure

When some of the clerics complained that they couldn't heal because they couldn't click players so much was explained as to why that raid alliance sucked so bad and I never joined one of their raids again
  15. Xanathol Augur

16. Xanathol Augur

Tells someone they don't know how you play then goes into depth about how poorly they themselves play. Please continue.
  17. Nessirfiti Augur

:rolleyes:

removing /target, like removing /follow really only hurts people who aren't botting. /target hotkeys for tanks works better than hunting through the raid window, or clicking them on the extended target window.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Your realize you don't need to /tar a mob to send your pet to attack them right? "/pet attack a_hill_giant" works just fine.

You shouldn't make suggestions like this without understanding some basic game mechanics.

Reminds me of this exchange I had on Ragefire years ago.

[IMG]
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

/pet attack is a level 65 AA sir, it's not in the game yet stop hacking

[IMG]
    yerm likes this.
  20. Meredyth Augur

Please enlighten me and everyone else on what method is faster than /target tankname in a hotkey bound to a keyboard key to acquire the main tank target and start healing them. You can even put a /cast in the hotkey to start the first heal.

If your answer is hitting the assist key twice, that’s not 100% reliable and the person targeted by he raid mob being tanked may not be a tank or may not be the tank that is supposed to be next in the tank line.

So please put your money where your mouth is and tell us all about this amazing better way. Until then I will dismiss your comment as unfounded forum flak.