Raid muhbis non visible questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, May 22, 2019.

1. Kezik Lorekeeper

Thanks for clarification. Guess I'll be settling for 50 luck bucket
  2. enclee Augur

Good feedback, it really let’s you see the mindset you have behind this system.
  3. Cailen Augur

Happened to me =(
  4. Tumbler Lorekeeper

The expansion is what 7 months in. It's time to just leave it alone. Then next expansion increase the luck and change it there. If you waste time on it now, it's less time spent on the next expansion. Leave it the way it is for this expansion.

However; I suggest next expansion have the group gear go to 5 and the raid gear go to 10. With a minimum of 5 on the raid gear. Right now I choose to not wear some ROS VP raid gear items because I have the group gear with 5 luck. I'm holding out on 5 luck raid drops for those slots. If the raid gear all had 5 to 10 then I wouldn't be holding out. However; I feel that a 4 luck on a raid drop is a downgrade dps wise then a 5 luck on the group drop.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Better yet, I hope the next expansion drops Luck altogether.

Why incorporate an entire statistic whose entire premise is the elimination of player skill and player involvement? And putting random amounts on loot has not made me want to hog camps so that I can loot the same item multiple times to fuse them together. Instead, I've just lost all motivation to care about loot.

I really hope the next expac doesn't incorporate such a terrible loot system (basically, Luck just made loot that much more rare and made you all camp mobs longer).
  6. Allayna Augur

Several stats seem to be obsolete and the addition of luck while not fixing other issues in eq was...underwhelming.

What’s a stat that is super high but has no increased bearing? HCha, HStr
    Stats that haven’t seen improvements? Resists
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  7. smash Augur

Changing resists mean nothing.

For the last 10 years even with max resists the npc spells have had higher checks that it is possible to reach.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Request for next time.

Please allow us to do final combines in standard looms/forges. Having to rearrange my bags so I have a free slot for a 2/3 slot container everytime I want to make an item is a pita. (it would alo be nice to have all tradeskill containers as stand alone workstations in PoK.
  9. smash Augur

I would like that on the class item that you use to make armor would come class, so example feral lord = beastlord. And there would be filter on vendors.

I live in fear of accidently selecting wrong class item.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

you mean like the option to select "show only items I can use" (or whatever the phrase is) that's on vendors already?......
  11. smash Augur

Except the class item, have no limitation on those, so the item that is called Feral lord, there no limit on beastlord, so i can actually buy a ranger item and make wrong item, I can still do that, if there is the class mention, but easier to prevent the mistake.
  12. Allayna Augur

My point exactly. Why add itemization time for stats that have zero effect.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Done (Needs a full server down patch, so June.
    Nniki, Daedly, Ssdar and 6 others like this.
  14. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Earlier on in the xpac I did a total of 60 Combines on Test and here is the data.

{ 3, 4, 5, 4, 5, 5, 3, 5, 4, 5, 2, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 3, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 4, 1, 5, 4, 4, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 3, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 5, 5, 1, 5, 4, 2, 5, 5, 5, 3, 4 }

Luck 1: 4 Times - 6.67%
    Luck 2: 4 Times - 6.67%
    Luck 3: 8 Times - 13.33%
    Luck 4: 21 Times - 35.00%
    Luck 5: 23 Times - 38.33%

Eya
    Ismel, Axxius and Tucoh like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Any chance GMM raid gear wasn't curved to skew high like TBL raid gear? Sure seem to see a lot of non-4s and non-5s from GMM raids.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I confirmed (2 minutes ago) that they are set to "Skew rolls high"
    menown likes this.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Basically, as if raid loot wasn't slow to come before, now there is a 62% chance that you will be disappointed even if you win an item.
    KtsKts likes this.
  18. Natal Augur

You could opt to loot a regular raid item for that slot and avoid disappointment.
    KtsKts and svann like this.
  19. Allayna Augur

Do people really expect to put a muhbis in all 21 slots?
    If they do they are extremely bad at math.

Let's do some simple rounding and say that several guilds can farm 7 muhbis targets, starting around the second week of February. Let's call it 43 weeks until the next expansion release. 301 mubhis for a raid force. So 14 people in your guild could gear this selfishly.

276 coin for a muhbis from the vendor @ 70 coin per week. 10 muhbis from the vendor if 100% raider and not benched. + 1 from the achievement of beating T3 multiple times.

If you do the chase evolve items, you could do muhbis visibles = 6 + primary, secondary, range, charm, maybe a 2H if that's your style and never take one from the chest. A 54 person raid force splits 301 muhbis down to 5 muhbis per person from the chest.

There are many other options for non-vis - GMM being a clear choice.

Would be nice if they were part of the vendor/coin method as the RNG is pretty, well random.
    KtsKts likes this.
  20. KtsKts New Member

I saved up 4 weeks and bought 1 Exultant Inhabited Muhbis at 276 raid coins to get a cloak and rolled a 2 on luck. I feel really let down by the TOP, most expensive gear in the game.

Why would you ever want a player to feel let down after he finally earns the TOP gear? Shouldn't this never happen?

When I get the best of the best items and then come to the conclusion that buying a replacement item w/DKP is the my only course of action because of bad luck RNG, it makes me very sad. All of that time, effort, and energy meant nothing. Not b/c of the item, but b/c I got a bad RNG roll. How is that fair? It could cost me another 3 cloaks (828 raid coins + the orig. 276 for 1104 total) to get this cloak to 5 luck. That is 4 months for 1 item slot. Should anything ever even be able to come close to this cost? 552 raid coins for a 5 luck cloak would be over the top.

I will NEVER do that again. Instead, I will only now buy raid drops w/ DKP or non mumbi items so I know what I am getting. I may go back to my group gear 5 cloak and keep switching to my old raid EOK cloak for buffing.

Lesson learned with the "Best?" gear in the game? How did I learn a lesson? I feel like the game screwed me. I didn't learn any lessons here except to not trust the raid currency systems? What kind of lesson is that??

Only 1 of these drops per raid event or you have a lot of raid coins. Why would would you do this to the supposed top tier loot? I am kinda lost on this one. Why not create a way to purchase something that will increase the Luck on Mumbi gear instead? We'd still have to pay for it, keeping the Devs happy I suppose? And we could at least not feel like the game stole our raid coins from us. I could recoup my effort by doubling down on the investment at least.

But, that's how I feel. I feel like the game stole my raid coins from me, because the RNG of bad luck made my new top tier item worthless for me. Why would you ever want a player to feel that way?
    Xeladom and NameAlreadyInUse like this.