Balancing Enchanter PB Area Effect Stuns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Beyonka, May 21, 2019.

1. DeseanJackson Augur

A horde of mobs moving creates much more zone lag than players do. Example: no lag with 72 people in Plane of Time but the second we pull P5 for AEs, the mobs rubberband and the zone stutters.
  2. Beyonka New Member

PBAE groups in The Deep create massive lag for the zone during pulls.

Your argument for needing (4) PBAE stuns which stun up to level 55 for raiding GoD and higher content does not make sense.
    Mad_Mikey and DeseanJackson like this.
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

This is going to sound somewhat "No, You!"-ish but I'm really not trying to do so, but I don't get the stuttering in Phase 5 when I'm running it on my own. I've seen the rubberbanding and such, in other zones, I'm not debating that, But it usually takes pulling half-ish of Innovation, or all of C2 and F2 in fire for me to end up getting that.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

Those particular stuns? No. AoEs in general, Yes. I don't object to your suggestion. It's measured, and reasonable. However I disagree with it on principle, because I detest nerfing things.
  5. DeseanJackson Augur

That’d be nice but I doubt it impacts everyone in our raid and not elsewhere. Do you do the entirety of P5 with one pull? This same stuttering and rubber banding happens in the Deep with some of the larger lulls.
  6. Nessirfiti Augur

I have done it in one pull, Yes.

I suppose it's because I'm not in that era and plan never to be again, But the deep lagging out is at best a "meh" from me. I mean it sucks if you're in there while they're AE-ing but It's literally a temporary issue.
  7. DeseanJackson Augur

It could be an era issue, that’s true. There are a lot of people in Time during the era, so it’s possible the server struggles with that many instances, mobs moving, etc.
  8. Aegir Augur

Only noticed this train AE lag on Phinigel till we got to UF, where bards were having fun in Foundation. Was basically impossible to do tasks in there while they were swarming lol.
  9. krimmett Lorekeeper

So let me get this right. You want to nerf Ae'ing because YOU feel that its an issue, but YOU still want to have the ability of stunning 5-6 mobs that are in camp? Why not make it so you can only have 1 mezzed mob at a time per enchanter while we are at it. This whole aoe'ing ordeal is a non issue. It happens in 4 ZONES across 4-5 expansions. IF it was as big of an issue as you believe it is, then we would have 400124381 forum posts about it. Grow up and complain about the bots like every other person on these TLP's.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Don't break AE stun.

That's not the fix.
  11. Grailer Augur

Look I know the AE leveling is fun because you get xp so fast but it causes zone disruption so make AE spells only damage 4 mobs max .

Quad it
  12. Machentoo Augur

Sure, and just forget about those events in later expansions that are designed around pbae hitting more than 4 targets. Let's make global changes that impact the entire line of Everquest expansions because of problems in the first two or three only.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Here's my suggested fix for AE stuns.

Play past PoP
    Machentoo and Nessirfiti like this.
  14. yerm Augur

Inconceivable!
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

That requires dedication and then the raids require more thought than "pointy end goes there" and how ever will they adapt?
  16. Meredyth Augur

People calling for PBAE nerfs have obviously never done the Ukun Bloodfeaster raid in Txevu. Can we please get this thread locked since it is yet another nerf call thread? Thank you.

What are enchanters supposed to do, anyway? Melee stuff? Apparently they aren’t supposed to charm or pbae stun.

Seriously if you don’t like this game please quit and stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us.
  17. Fizon Elder

This so hard
    Get your whinny millennial attitudes out of here. There are a many options for you to go else where. If you can't handle being denied one half of one lousy pick then maybe this game isn't for you.

Quit calling for nerfs for litterally everything and just play the damn game. Don't like it? go some where else but quit trying to ruin the game for others.
  18. Thalliius Augur

Has nothing to do with enjoyment, its completely imbalanced and allows a select few classes to level like 50x faster than everyone else

Bards used to be able to AoE swarm kite, which was a lot of fun, and it was taken out because it was imbalanced. I was a bard, I didn't like it but completely understand why they did it because Bards were leveling a million times faster than everyone else for what amounted to very little effort
  19. Thalliius Augur

lol wow.. yea what a solution, everyone just roll enchanters! Forget all the other class options. just pick an enchanter!

lol!!!! wow

lol, so its really just your elite skillset that allows this.. your skills and creativity are just on such a higher level than the other neanderthals on the server..

AE Grinding is just as mindless, if not more mindless than any other playstyle.. only difference is that is 50x more efficient. You pull a bunch of mobs, then chain cast the same 2 spells while you have 1 or 2 DPS kill the mobs without getting hit. Then everyone sits down for 10-15 mins medding, then you repeat.. people AFK PL using this method, with 2-3 players completely AFK for hours haha... so much skill! so much teamwork and coordination!

Also pretty rich to suggest that people should just go find something "suitable" for their class. No other classes but enchanters can AoE grind.. no other classes can grind XP at the rate 2 enchanters AoEing can..

And its not just AoEing, when Enchanters aren't doing that, they're the most sought after class in any group because they can also Charm, providing Tanking and top DPS (around 50% of the groups total DPS), as well as lull pulling, CC, Clarity, Haste, Tash, Slows...

They can literally fill every single role in a group minus the healer... and they aren't a "Jack of All Trades, Master of None"... They are Master of All Trades

haha there it is, the classic God Complex, diva attitude that most enchanters have.. There is no redundancy with enchanters either, you can have 3 enchanters and your group will scream thru content

Hence why most of you have this attitude, your class is OP and you know it, so you get attitudes because you're used to getting whatever you want. Can't wait to watch you crash and burn soon on Selos hahahahaha

Thanks for completely proving the entire point of this thread, couldn't have scripted it better
  20. Thalliius Augur

I'm sure its quite fun progressing 50x faster than every other class doing AoE

It takes countless hours out of the grind fest that is this game