Proposal for New All-Access Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enigma Maitreya, May 21, 2019.

1. Enigma Maitreya Augur

This may already be in existence and I just have not found it so if it is then were is it :)

I have 3 Accounts, 2 are from the original opening of EQ, the 3rd is much later and is used to Buff/Port.

Now each account can get discounted pricing based on longevity of the contract, simple terms, monthly, quarterly, semiannually, yearly. BUT there is no discounting for Packaged Accounts.

Everything below here should be considered to be just a stake in the ground for discussion.

Consider my 3 Accounts as a Package Deal. Instead of 3xLengthOfTime as the payout every length of time, let us consider this, (3xLengthOfTime) x Monthly(0.85)|Quarterly(0.75)|Semiannually(0.6)|Yearly(0.5)

While discounting more, you also get more committed payments with a higher opportunity to retain accounts being active.

My case, 3 accounts 1 year each = (US)$359.64 vs (US)$179.82 (IF the above values were used)

Now, if I were to continue the 3 month plan that is (US)$155.88. So lets call that (US)$24 more you would get from me and I would probably not be looking at Pay a month Stop come back 6 months later pay another month etc. I would probably just enable the (US)$179.82 for all 3 accounts.

Any way just an idea.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

That’s more of a DBG idea and not EQ since EQ is bundled with DCUO, EQ II, & PS2 now. Also, I think that pricing scheme would be very confusing to other users.

I get that DBG would get $24 a year more from you, and most people want to pay less... But if you look at the thread asking how many people have multiple paid accounts you’ll find that there are A LOT of already people paying for multiple accounts through one way or another. So the loss of *per user* business could be a huge hit to EQ since so many players box and already pay for multiple boxes.

I would suggest just subsidizing your alt accounts with Krono if recurring subs are too expensive? It’s win win since someone pays your sub and you unload gear or plat you don’t need.

Krono and membership occasionally go on sale, maybe you could try to take advantage of one of those sales in the future?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yea, I don't see them even considering this.

They killed the "friend" account which was pretty close to this.

They killed the original $5 "Silver" accounts.

You can get as many accounts free as you want.

And you get all those other games with the current price.

They just did the $299 lifetime which is way better

They are making huge profits from people doing the krono(pyramid) scheme.

Just my 2 copper.
  4. Nifty Slacker Augur

I don't see how this idea is really... beneficial. You might as well ask daybreak to cut the all access prices in half and call it a day. Why would they do that? You realize they need the money right? I can't think of any subscription games that give package deals, OR charge $5 per month. That's incredibly low.

Just because it would save you money doesn't make it a good idea.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

I had similar thoughts but bit my tongue.

I agree that the Lifetime sale is way better, I was completely caught off guard by it. The 30% off Krono packages from the 19th anniversary was already a pretty good deal too. Both seemed too good to be true at the time, so I imagine something helpful will eventually come along for the OP.

It's interesting because this thread's proposal would be close to free membership if you consider the $5 of DBC granted each month. I'm wondering if a future reduced price might come but at the price of losing the monthly grant of 5 DBC. (e.g. 24 months for even less, but no DBC)

I'm less interested in seeing DBG re-vamp. their subscription pricing but would like some new bundles, or a different bundle deal each month. That might get me spending more again. I was a little disappointed by the anniversary offerings, I was hoping we'd get something similar to the offers they use to have on Steam. I understand the issues with the Steam sales, but it'd be nice if they brought those back sometime.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Krono pyramid scheme? What?
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You get to eat the steak dinner but then you have to sit through the sales pitch...
  8. Captain Video Augur

If they expand the All-Access pass to include DDO and LOTRO, wake me up.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

Would be nice for us, but I suspect they won’t since that would increase those games multi-month subscription pricing. Wouldn’t be surprised if Standing Stone Games and DBG consolidated if they’re player base got small enough. Not sure who has more players nowadays though, guessing them since they’re discounts are more generous.