Raid muhbis non visible questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, May 22, 2019.

1. Cicelee Augur

1. When you use a raid muhbis to make a non visible item, is it a guaranteed 5 luck?

2. If it is not guaranteed, has there been discussion as to the reasons why it is not?

3. If your raid muhbis non visible is 4 luck (for example), is the only way to increase it to 5 luck is to fuse it with the exact same item? Which means using another raid muhbis on an item to fuse for just one luck?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
  2. smash Augur

1: No
    2: Because how visible are i gues
    3: correct
  3. Horyuken Augur

Cicelee can you get this changed for us ?
    Sheex likes this.
  4. kizant Augur

I quite enjoyed using two raid muhbis to create a charm with 5 luck.
  5. Cicelee Augur

So there is no way at all to tell before you make the item how much luck will be on it, is there? I am 100% sure the answer is no you have to make the item, so this is more a rhetorical question than anything.

That is somewhat a bummer. To get a raid muhbis and make an earring with 1 or 2 luck would be a complete waste of a muhbis. Which would be a waste of currency or DKP. A shame that it is not a guaranteed 5 luck, or you can combine other items to fuse it to increase luck.

Maybe next expansion you can use raid currency to buy something similar to a Fate Accumulator to work on any non visible for maybe half the cost of a raid muhbis...
  6. Lianeb Augur

It’s luck what you get. (See what I did there)
    Raid items are in a bell curve more toward 4 as the normal.
    Group items on bell curve more toward 3 as the normal.

You can get unlucky but should have a 5 in 1 or 2 items.
    Travestii likes this.
  7. Monkman Augur

I personally think that raid drops and raid muhbis items should have a threshold in terms of the minimum amount of luck on them.

IMO - raid luck (min 3 max 5) with 4 being the average. I currently have a t1 charm with 5 luck that I would like to upgrade to a muhbis one however the risk of getting less than a 5 is the only thing preventing me from making one.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can do the combine and get an item with 1 luck and I have a charm to prove that.
  9. Ibudin Augur

Guildy made a non visible raid item with a muhbis the other night - it was a luck of 1...ouch.
  10. Cicelee Augur

And IMHO that is not right. Not when you are spending high amounts of DKP or 270-ish currency on one. And especially when you can use a raid muhbis on a visible item or weapon and know exactly what you are getting.

Even on a raid chest you can see how much luck is on the item before you loot it.

I just think a thought would be something similar to Fate Accumulator for non visibles at a reduced cost. Thoughts?
    Mintalie likes this.
  11. svann Augur

IMO if there is a realistic option to fuse then the item can have random luck. But does anyone really think a raid will allow assignment of a raid muhbis just for fusing? Im hesitant to even bid on a regular raid drop to fuse with. There would be riots in the streets if I fused a muhbis.
    :p
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1. It is not. Though it does skew high. (We get to put "curves" on the RNG for
    2. players have asked. I refuse. I have considered reducing the range (To say 3 to 5) so you can't get a 1 (the odds are small to get a 1, but non-zero)
    3. yes.

The whole system is about luck. Only in specific cases will I remove that luck. This is *NOT* one of the cases.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If I do change this. it will **NOT** help anyone that has Muhbis based luck items less than 3. The number is determined at item creation.
    And I would not be adding a trade in system either, because that leads to rampant abuse, and we don't really have a system for it.

As it is, I'm more likely to use this as a "lesson learned" and make the next time I do this have the smaller range.
    Zarzac, Allayna, Brohg and 3 others like this.
  14. Maedhros High King

That the stat is not guaranteed is 100% spot on with the entire concept of luck.
    You stuck the muhbis in the item container and hit combine, essentially rolling the dice.
    You were unlucky in luck.
    Accept what you got and if you arrive at a point that your entire gear set is maxed out with best in slot gear and you have extra coins, make another item and fuse it.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Spellfire Augur

Same here.

I wasted a muhbis on a non-vis item - Luck 1 as well :mad:...
  16. kizant Augur

It's not that big of a deal. Use them on visible and weapons first then gamble on an additional item or two. GMM items are super good and evolving items cover some slots. I don't even see the need to do more than my charm as tradeskill tbh. As far as non-visibles go.
    Allayna, Waring_McMarrin and Alarya like this.
  17. Kezik Lorekeeper

I made a raid charm last night with 1 luck. However it's my understanding that max luck is 60 and you really only need to hit 51 to get into that "bucket". This is still possible for me. Point is there is some room for error so to speak, not the end of the world if you get unlucky once or twice.
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

Isn't 60 a new bucket? I am not sure where it caps this expansion but I would think 50-59 is one bracket and 60 would be the next 10 jump, unless you can max to 60 but gain nothing over say 50.
  19. Ibudin Augur

unless you can hit 61, 51 is all you need from my reading on here.
  20. Sancus Augur

This is correct.
    No, 60 is the start of a new bucket.