Zephyr Named Need to be TONED DOWN

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, May 21, 2019.

1. Geko Elder

The named in Zephyr need to be toned down quite a bit. My warrior has better gear than anything that drops in this zone ... yet I cannot tank the named here even with full tanking disc's running? Just died so fast to a named that my mercs didnt even have a chance to cast a heal.

Warrior has Battleworn (T2 TBL) in every Visible Slot ... and GMM in every non-visible slot. around 7k AC. Using Wurmslayer for the effect ( When Pain Doesnt Hurt ) falls off... and using Sword / Board setup.

Why are these mobs so strong given the gear that drops here?
  2. Repthor Augur

Your gear will only take you so far you also need aas to further help you mitigate dmg . But also keep in mind mercs are terrible, if they ever get behind on healing you and you cant make up the diffrence its only a matter of time b4 you will be toast
  3. Duder Augur

Augments, progression aas, many things make a viable character
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

All tanking AA done ??

All dps AA done ??

Exactly which named ?

What's your hero's fort at ??

What's your hero's vitality at ?

Are you using type 5 augs ? Every slot?
    feeltheburn likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Using ONLY.. mercy healer ?? Not playing with real players ?
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly what if any discs are you running ?
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly what is grp make up ?
  8. Onamatter New Member

Also good Augs, power source and trophies. If u have all that and your still wiping, use Glyph of Dragon Scales. If that doesnt keep u alive....
  9. feeltheburn Augur

right there is your problem...your not taking down namers there with mercs, MAYBE if you were HEAVILY raid geared MAYBE, as stated by someone here Mercs are the suck atm and AAs and discs for sure come into play
  10. svann Augur

Ive noticed that mercs are slow to heal at the beginning of the fight. Make sure you have discs going to help them. After the fight has been going for like 10 seconds they get a little better.
  11. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

We do the Mearatas pit for hours at a time with a warrior that doesn't have any better gear that what you're talking about. This leads me to believe its not the mob itself and gear doesn't sound like its the issue either, it sounds like it's the mercs.

Mercs make bad decisions that a real healer might not make (not that we don't make our own bad decisions)

Example: If on a named pull an AE goes off and hits several of the DPS and/or the merc itself, the tank may be dead by the time the merc switches back to the tank because it was too busy healing the others in the group.

As a shaman I'm kind of anti-merc healer. In most cases I'd rather main heal the group myself instead of having a merc do it. I'm so distracted making sure the merc actually does its job that it cuts into my DPS/ADPS efficiency. For us it's often more useful to pull out a DPS merc instead, at least with 2.0 and Roar I can beef up a rogue merc.

I'd recommend testing the problem with a real player healer.

I'd have to know all the questions that have already been asked (AA count, Heroic AA count, discs, group make up etc.) to offer anything more.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Few other things to look at if useing a merc healer: make sure all the crap heal spells have been blocked on all characters in the group! Make sure main tank is marked as such so merc knows who to heal first, if useing tank as puller and marked as puller you might not get heals quickly also... to summarize, merc’s suck!

A real cleric will also use DI, shining, auras etc. There are huge for a under aa’d tank! To bad merc healers dont get those spells!
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  13. Maedhros High King

Using appropriate disc rotations is a good place to start.
    Not every named even in tier one is going to be possible to tank with a merc unless you're exceptionally well geared, exceptionally talented or both.
  14. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
  15. Morthakia Augur

If you only have 7,000ac when tanking TBL named, you are definitely missing a lot of the elements listed above. To give you an idea:

My SK is RoS raid geared, which is only slightly better AC-wise than TBL tradeskill gear. I have a full set of Dex type 5 and 7 augs (as opposed to Agi which would increase my AC values). I have all my hero’s AAs, BiS augs, trophies, etc. Fully buffed with refute recourse, cliff stone, and trophies I pass 9000AC. This doesn’t include bard song.

My point? A maxed out group SK can get close to 9000ac with everything running. If you’re sitting at 7000ac as a warrior, you’ve clearly skipped or are not using a lot of the available enhancements from prior expansions. As such, I don’t think it is unreasonable that a merc healer can’t keep you up against a TBL named. I recommend you either (a) find a player healer, or (b) double up merc healers, or (c) go back and work on beefing up your tank some more in RoS before attempting named in TBL.
  16. Greymantle Augur

Merc's do not anticipate damage done to you . You have to get hit before they will react. Which in most cases in not an issue, untill the mob quad's you for 50k at the start. :)
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I block so much on healer mercs if forces them into a certain role.....kind of like the old patch heal role druids played on raids (may still for all I know as I haven't raided in a bit as a healer). I have clerics\shaman do alliances and heal over times along with heal wards and "oh crap" heals\AA abilities sorted on their own little part of hotkeys. I overheal alot but whatever.
  18. Nifty Slacker Augur

I think, like others here, the problem lies with the merc. I've been parsing my cleric merc alongside my 110 druid who has 15k aa's. Just barely over autogrant. The cleric merc heals half as much as the druid sometimes.
  19. Axxius Augur

After the merc buffs, my tank merc can survive Stratos named, as long as they are slowed. A real Warrior player is getting killed before his healer can even heal him? Uhhh... I don't think the problem here is with the mobs.
    Daedly likes this.
  20. Laronk Augur

Cleric mercs suck (so do dps mercs, two wizzie mercs don't out dps one warrior)
    That said, I've played a cleric main and tons of tanks that don't use shield sunder (or knight equilivent) on engage. Then there's the tanks that save flash of anger / shield flash too long. Of course there's also fortitude disc for another 18 seconds of fun somewhere in there.

On top of cleric mercs being terrible they don't handle AE damage very well