Suggestion on stopping bot farmers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomgamer, May 19, 2019.

1. Nessirfiti Augur

Appearing? Holy crap. so "Dear DBG this guy I'm sure it was just one guy, I mean He was in a single guild just killed open world mobs with 72 people! Please ban, Thanks" is definitely a thing that would happen.
    I can only assume that people who play on mangler have lost their mind.
  2. Machentoo Augur

So does awarding raid loot.
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

You're assuming these people raid.
  4. Machentoo Augur

No, but changing the loot timer to 7 minutes just for automated bots doesn't seem likely.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

Sorry, No I meant the people who are suggesting changing the loot timer. or, really demanding any of these changes.
    Machentoo likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For the same reason i said it would be this prior to the servers launching. Content is more spread out and RMT box crew can't lock down content. There is still a ton of RMT going on Selo. The difference is box crews can't lock people out of doing fire/water/bot/sol ro ect that.

The problem with RMT isn't even RMT. The problem with RMT is people being locked out of content. Which is why there is a bunch of complaints about the AFK botters at IG/HG and almost zero complaints about the Chinese box crew that sat in SG farming deepwater ink for all of Luclin on Selo
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No the point is to setup a rule that allows a GM to just use common sense to give someone a vacation based on their judgement.

When you see 1 guy followed with /stick and there are 23 guys all on one spot, it's safe to say that person is boxing 24.

No need to understand anything else that person takes a vacation if the limit was set at 6 for a truebox server.

I swear these replies are from people using VM's and everquest bot site wishing that the rules never change or zero enforcement happens.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

Yeah, No. I'm just against really really dumb suggestions. How do you avoid banning merged groups?

Automation is an issue but banning people for "appearing" to play too many characters is beyond dumb.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Boxing 24 toons isn't against the rules, in and of itself, though. They aren't going to ban paying customers for things you guys think should be against the rules, but aren't.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Never said it was, I clearly mentioned that if DBG setup the rules for truebox to limit box to (x) that kind of policy would be easier to enforce.

Plus I hardly care anymore, 400 krono on my toon, plus my friend is making 5.6 krono a day on selo's bazaar. I never need to camp anything anymore.
  11. code-zero Augur

Then when half a raid force gets summarily banned by some jackleg "GM" who was relying on "common sense" we can suffer through thread after thread accusing GM's of being on the take from another guild.

The lack of common sense in proposing that GM's boot people based entirely on common sense is just sad
  12. Machentoo Augur

Sadly, we've been there and done that.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. cinzen Journeyman

As I mentioned on the 1st page of this thread, not talking about raid loot, just AC and other "problem" farm areas in classic. Not a universal change.

Anyway, in original EQ didn't sub-55 mobs decay at 7 minutes? If so, this suggestion is nothing new, just restoring a mechanic that was in classic.
  14. Xanathol Augur

As i put in another thread - make greater pet hold an autogrant AA that cannot be turned off and remove the /target command - that will put a damper in many an afk farmer.
  15. yerm Augur

Remove the target command? Do you even play the game?
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Yes, it did, and there was a good reason for the change. Loot rotted all the time.
  17. Xanathol Augur

/target is abused by afk farmers who /target mob_name, /pet attack and put it on an autofire button. You can target with targetting keys or a mouse - you don't need /target command.
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

You ever tried to rez people? 3/4 of the times I can't actually target the corpse. This suggestion . Like 90% of every other "fix" for whatever people are angsty about now, really will only harm people who don't bot.
    Accipiter and code-zero like this.
  19. Xanathol Augur

Rezzed many a person - never had an issue.
  20. Nessirfiti Augur

I can't tell if you're Lying or lucky, going with the former.
    code-zero likes this.