Eyes of Life and Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Mar 9, 2019.

1. smash Augur

Wrong, was 110 from day 1.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Its ok let them go. Its just like best in slot evolving gear, normally best in the expansion they dropped in and still slightly better in the next until finally outdated in the 3rd expansion down the line.

They could just nerf it because its that good and therefore not healthy for the game.
  3. smash Augur

Got it on my main, and a few away from on a alt, which is the same class, there some difference, but nothing game breaking.
  4. ShadowMan Augur

We can agree to disagree. Having 19 years of content just be empty dead space isn't healthy in my opinion. Having worthwhile things to go back to get, that aren't mandatory but nice enough to be worth it, whenever your particular circumstances allow is a good thing.

Be it shawl augs, eye of life and decay, bifold, rare clickies, should have been proc belts, guild trophies, eyes of life and decay, nathsar diamond, etc are all good things to have. And the idea for stuff like artisan prize and the current evolves. People stuffed in current content exclusively because nothing else holds value with resets has chased off more from this game than anything else in my opinion. Peoples options have slowly been whittled away. People get bored, run out of things to do or at the opposite end are stumped in the new stuff but have nothing to gain from the old stuff so they quit out of frustration rather than master their class or play.
  5. Warpeace Augur

You missed my point.
  6. smash Augur

It is too good to allow people to have a permanent increase by 10%.

I am sure that the increases through the few expansions have been lowered due to the aug, than it would have been otherwise..
  7. Mintalie Augur

I only need 7 achievements to get this done. I want it so, so, so bad.
  8. kizant Augur

There's nothing that you can prepare for, as a player, to compensate for changes to class balance. This one item has helped even things out for the past 3 years and should be taken into consideration. Of course, there are other options. I'm never against some contracting enhancements when needed.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Players that have all these nice old things have proven their commitment to the game. They should get a continuous dkp bonus and extra station cash every month.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  10. ShadowMan Augur

If you honestly think that aristo tuned spells around this you must be new to the game. No way some expansions with spells has he thought ok I was gonna do 28% increase to spells this time but I remembered about that Eyes aug so now I am only going to do 20%. Eyes is and was completely bonus. Tuning is done at a very broad overview and was never that granular. Unless a problem arises.

Hell last beta the spell dev didnt even really have time for spells and the AA dev didn't really have time for AA.
  11. roth Augur

Your analogy is flawed.

BiS gear, evolving or not, gets outdated by having something superior introduced. Typically, its better stats on the piece of gear, or a better effect.

What item, exactly, is the upgrade for the Eyes of Life and Decay? That’s right, unlike BiS gear, its not being replaced a few expansions later due to an upgrade. There aren’t any stats on it. Looking at the IN-GAME description of the item, there’s no listed level limit on the effect either. You have to go out of game to find out the level 110 limit on it.

That level limit on it should have either been listed in game since day one ... or be set at 255 so as to never come into play at all.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

"BiS" gear doesn't have to be replaced by something better to be obsoleted.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Allayna Augur

Another option to items like this is to make them "clickable" and to award a shadow buff that becomes permanent in the AA line.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

/agree
  15. roth Augur

Really? Name three pieces of gear that were BiS, are not now, but never got a replacement “by something better”.
  16. Littlelegs Elder

Contracting enhancements. You've been at the thesaurus too long bro.

edit: Hi Sancus!
    Sancus likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

I only spent like 10 minutes at most looking up what possible word to use!
  18. Littlelegs Elder

When needed, I too, approve of "reducing of improvements" or "balancing downward" or "leveling the field" or "nerfing tank belts" or "server merger necro dot threads" but please do not let this extensive clarification distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table

Hi Sancus!
    kizant and Sancus like this.
  19. Morthakia Augur

With the announcement that the next expansion will include a level increase, would love to hear folks’ thoughts on the balance created with the loss of the Eyes of Life and Decay.

Given the Eyes’ focus decays 100% above level 110, a level 110 spell will get +10% damage/healing while the corresponding level 115 spell will get +0%. For balance or power enhancement purposes, a level 115 spell that does 20% more base damage than a level 110 spell will in reality only be an increase of 10% (technically less than that ...). Let’s use an example:

Ethereal Combustion — 85 Wizard — Decrease hitpoints by 10,454.
    Ethereal Inferno — 90 Wizard — Decrease hitpoints by 13,244. (26.7% increase)
    Ethereal Blaze — 95 Wizard — Decrease hitpoints by 19,064. (43.9% increase)
    Ethereal Incandescence — 100 Wizard — Decrease hitpoints by 25,757. (35.1% increase)
    Ethereal Skyblaze — 105 Wizard — Decrease hitpoints by 30,321. (17.7% increase)
    Ethereal Skyfire — 110 Wizard — Decrease hitpoints by 36,663. (20.9% increase)

I guess this is a note to devs to please make the 115 increment higher than you normally would to account for the fact that most folks are going to lose the benefit of the Eyes of Life & Decay.
    Derka likes this.
  20. Intenso Augur