And again the european prime time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Noonien, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noonien New Member

Meanwhile I really feal disadvantaged as european player.
    Downtime again in european prime time (as usual).
    This tim 6pm to 10pm.
    Is it really not ossible to split this up to not allways have the same countries downtim in best time ?
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

3. Aurastrider Augur

Outside of asking staff to come in at odd hours once a month for patches I don't know that there is a good solution. They do it earlier and things go wrong and you are in the same situation seeing as how there will be nobody there to fix things. They do it later and again the game is offline until the staff comes into work meaning you are in the same situation. It sucks but the times are based around their working hours. The staff deserves to have uninterrupted time with their family just the same as its players do. Players have had many years to adjust their playing time around monthly patches. If they could figure out a better streamline process that does not require a human body to be in house I would be fine with adjusting the times or rotating them to be fair but its doubtful that is going to happen.
  4. smash Augur

They of course do the patch at time where it interrupt the least amount players and when they have staff at work, to do otherwise would be stupid.
    About split out, NO because it would require multiple versions of everything. And if bug is it then version 1 or 2 or3 that is bugged.

And cost would increase.

And when expansion comes out ab/europe would be 24 hours delayed.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Noonien New Member

I am working in IT since 20 years now. Never heared of Patch/Server teams that are only working 8/5 a week, so only in the main worktime.
    Also I doubt that european time is worldwide the time with the least amount of players online.
    And, its not only once a month, last patch is 6 days ago for example.
    Easy to say it doesnt matter if you are not affected by it.

But anyway, I know things will not change, so discussion about it is senseless. Anyway, its frustrating.
  6. smash Augur

I am coming from and living in Europe.
  7. Foliax Journeyman

Kick off the patch from a shell script - set it to ding loudly while the developer sleeps at home with his laptop running should it error out.
  8. Drayman Elder

I didn't seen anything about this in the patch notes section of the forum. What are they breaking this time?
  9. smash Augur

If you think that it is done with that, then you really do not know a lot. My personal guess is that you do not know a lot about programming/servers and such.

The running of install scripts are the easy parts, the tests that are required to see if things run as they should are he hard part, and that requires people to do.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

They usually post the patch notes an hour or so before the servers are scheduled to come back up, so I would expect to see them roughly 2.5 hours from now (servers expected to come back up in about 3.5 hours).
  11. smash Augur

BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

13. smash Augur

There no stealth nerf of JBoots speed, you just need to lose the 500 kilo you gained from eating at McDonalds.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

15. Warpeace Augur

The eyes of life and decay are getting nerfed to 1%.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Except that has changed from what was originally announce. Originally it was for an emergency patch. But they have now changed the title to maintenace and removed the red part.

17. smash Augur

However when there just maintance, they 99 out of 100 times have no additional changes.
    klanderso likes this.
  18. NeverPayForLag Augur

Surprise surprise - when was that announcement? One hour before? I surely missed that somehow...
    Despite the last patch was not even a week, what will be nerfed or broken this time? o_O
  19. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It was about 18 hours before the downtime began...
    Herf likes this.
  20. smash Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.