Suggestion on stopping bot farmers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomgamer, May 19, 2019.

1. forbes77 Elder

i wonder how many of you that complain about these botters will hold camp longer then you need too once botters have left, all i see is greed and jealousy
    Lindartwo Derescue likes this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The game already has no rules hence all the 3rd party tools available at a whim.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Retired opinion. The only way to "stop paying them" is to avoid participating in the economy. That's an awful suggestion for people playing an MMO

Restricting boxing and banning people who bot is the correct way to combat rmt.
    oldkracow and Accipiter like this.
  4. Elyani Augur

Are you insane? The entire reason that Kronos were created was to give players a way to trade gametime for plat/items. That was 100% the reason why it was created. Krono may as well not even exist, as it costs more than a regular 30 day subscription. DBG makes good money off of Krono, being no-trade would mean no one would ever buy one again.

There was a time when SOE had game-cards. People would purchase these at their local store in droves (for same price as a monthly sub, or more for 60-90 days or even 2500 Station Cash etc, the store got a cut of the money) and people would sell the codes in-game to other players for plat. SOE saw a way to collect ALL of the money off of this sort of transaction, reduce 3rd party plat sells and make even more money than they did in the past. They got rid of game-cards, introduced Kronos. When they announced Kronos, they specifically catered it to the crowd that participated in the two previous ways to purchase/sell plat by saying "Trade game-time for items in game with Krono!!"

Do you people even think before you post these crazy ideas on forums? LOL
    BlueberryWerewolf and forbes77 like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

Best way to stop the RMT and botters? Faster expansion unlocks will do the trick as will opening in Luclin.

To late for Mangler, I still think that they should have stuck with calling it Hard Core and left in the ultra low experience rates and brutal death penalties
    Protius likes this.
  6. raza31 New Member

All that needs to be done is reinstate money weight and corpses runs ! boom more then half them gone or atleast it will slow them down a whole hell of a lot !
    Protius likes this.
  7. Nakuru New Member

Not sure if it has been suggested or not.. but if they made the common farm items no drop and fixed the selling loot rights by not allowing clicking on the corpse to unlock the item. You were there you can loot.. you were not there.. no clicking on corpse.. item rots.
    I know that a lot of items would end up rotting that are not from farmers.. this would remove selling loot rights and allow people that want or need an item to not have to deal with botters.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It was suggested eight posts ago.

And also in every other thread on this topic.
  9. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Making loot all no-drop/no-trade would be wonderful. All you would need to do is win the DPS races. DBG barely cares to intervene on this issue anymore and I am sure you "titans of the forums" are, too. ;)
  10. Elyani Augur

Nah, if it were me, I'd have a cleric camped out in case I died, so I could just log in and rez my group, buff, and log back out.

Plenty have suggested it, but it will never happen. This wouldn't just hurt farmers but everyone else. Goodbye Bazaar, goodbye alt gear, goodbye economy, goodbye selling items for plat so that you could buy mats for tradeskills.

This line of thinking will never happen. It only works in games like EQ2 and WoW and FFXIV, etc. because ANYONE can farm anything fairly easily. Can you imagine having to not only farm all your own pelts (or whatever mats) but also farm all of your own plat, because you cannot sell alt worthy items (and players couldn't afford them, either) to purchase these items from other players and vendors?

I am sorry, there is not, and never will be, an easy solution to this minor inconvenience that does not somehow hurt the majority of the population. Farmable and tradeable items is what fuels my ability to purchase things from other players (such as tradeskill made gear, tradeskill mats, etc) as it does basically everyone else.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It would probably be easier to just accept it's possible to play the game without owning GEBs.

I do it. Somehow I struggle on.
  12. 850heretoplay New Member

They do not care. Their moral compass and concern, as far as any kind of "PnP" or general right/wrong morality issues, is directly connected to their revenues. They wont stop it willingly, and when they do after years of complaints and user submitted videos, it will more than likely be such a massive game nerf(DBG has never been worth a crap) that it will be the final straw for everyone who isnt a botter/IRL $ farmer. Which will in turn lead to the end of Everquest and systemically DBG I would hope. Without the actual "players", the farmers and cheaters won't have genuine people to conduct their business with(or exploit as it were).

Protius likes this.
  13. yerm Augur

I don't know if anyone has answered this yet, but, no.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Completely agree. "Just don't buy their stuff" is a shortsighted and, frankly, laughable "solution".
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

The least frustrating approach for me was always to go about my business and buy GEBs when they drop in price. On Phinny, Agnarr, and Coirnav that was about 2,500pp. /shrug
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

They're about 2.3k or so on Mangler at the moment, or at least I often see them for that price.

Still too high for my tastes, because I'm 201 Wis and have 2650 Mana without them, which is plenty anyway.

But definitely something I could just buy for plat after a month of playing without really worrying about the cost if I wanted to.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto

DBG could have saved themselves headache by just saying on a truebox the box limit = (x)
    Anyone appearing to box more takes a vacation, then a ban no questions asked.
  18. Grailer Augur

Making items no drop / no trade/ lore and you have to be in group when item drops is going to just make groups sell group spot rights
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Plus they don't have the focus yet.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  20. yerm Augur

Why does selo have only a small handful of obvious rmt armies while mangler is swamped with herds rampaging through giants and crews parked at efreeti? Why do people on older tlps and live servers not scream bloody murder in every other thread like mangler and many past tlps when they were the newest? Why are there less rmt crews on selo than there were on fippy, which didn't even have krono yet?

Selo has a lot of people selling items and buying krono and relatively few whales dumping them into the market for items or plat. The value of krono has actually dipped noticeably twice since launch, and is currently still below the pre-pop value.

If your server is full of people buying krono and spending them on gear, especially if they buy them from 3rd party retailers, the result is profiteers. Keep mocking my absurdity all you want, but selo flooded with peofessional powerlevelers and yet almost entirely barren of most automated farmers is good proof of what I say.
    code-zero likes this.