Ranger trio

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tuggrok, May 19, 2019.

1. Tuggrok New Member

I box a Ranger and Shaman on Mangler, want to add a 3rd. Trying to decide between Bard, Enchanter or Mage. Anyone have any suggestions, or experience with any of these options?
  2. Tygart Lorekeeper

Mage mainly since you need a tank for progression. Mage will give you coth, dps, pet tanking, low focus, and not gear dependent. If you have a tank friend playing with you, the bard or chanter are great options and greatly add adps to your ranger. Both can AE mez, however a bard will require more focus since some quests/missions have multiple linked adds. My main setup is Ranger, Warrior, Shaman, Chanter/Bard and can do just about anything in EQ group wise. From 2008 to 2015 I played Ranger, Mage, Bard, Shaman and had no issue with progression or group content. I switched my mage and bard to a Warrior and Enchanter around COTF expansion since it is less work.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Enchanter till Omens launch, bard after that.

Ranger can tank pretty much anything other than Tipt trial, but I mean youd have charm pet for pooka slaughter train there soo meh.

Bard/Rng/Sham will probably last you till you run out of steam and quit. If you are incredibly resilient and make it closer to current content add a real tank somewhere around ROF.
  4. mmorpgfan327 New Member

Enchanter is always the answer.
  5. smash Augur

You could also make a trio of rangers, that was actually what I thought this was about.
  6. Wicked_old Journeyman

Chanter first couple of years, then bard.
  7. Wicked_old Journeyman

Mage and ranger do well in Luclin through OoW thru ranger range DPS, don't make that you niche unless you main a mage lol.
  8. Kolani Augur

My ranger/ranger/shaman group with one player on one ranger, one player on the ranger and the shaman ran out of steam and hit the wall in EoK during Droga progression.