Type 19 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, May 18, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So i just recently started to farm these. From my experience it seems like it's either one type 19 or 1 luck Aug. Now I know it didn't used to be this way.

So my question is, should I clear trash in these zones until I get 1 Aug to drop and be done with the mission? Or can more than 1 Aug drop and I am just getting extremely unlucky?

I will never clear Stratos trash again, that was a giant waste of time. All those mobs and not even a luck Aug. There was nothing. 8 was shocked.

Anyways, I would love to hear from others your success rates. If it is better to stop after 1 Aug in a mission that would be useful information to save a ton of time.

Thanks
  2. ShadowMan Augur

Its all RNG but yes its horrible now for anyone who didn't farm Fire and Smoke weekly prior to all raid zone trash dropping them. You have to spend way more time clearing every or most instances to get anywhere close to how it was previously with just 1 or 2 zones cleared, unless you have an abnormal run of luck. So your SoL unless he changes his mind again which is highly unlikely.
  3. svann Augur

Id like to know what mission drops type 19 augs!
  4. roth Augur

No mission drops them.

They come randomly, rarely, off of TBL raid instance trash. They used to be more common, but when expanding their potential sources (from the PoFire raid and the PoSmoke raid, to all TBL raids), they reduced the chances of getting a drop.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Used to get up to 8 per TBL fire clear..

Now your lucky to see 4.. clearing them all..

Since its been changed .. I've cleared everything possible to clear and never seen more then 4 augs.. in total per entire clear of all of them..
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Once cleared all of smoke and all of fire.. for 1 type 19 1 luck aug..
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wish they had just left it as it was. Just dropping in PoFire and PoSmoke was fine in MHO, much better than it is now.

Hate seeing things like change after 5 months.
    Spellfire likes this.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

As others have said it's totally Random. I've cleared a zone and not seen a single one but I've also cleared a zone and seen 3 or 4 drop. I think on average it's usually only 1 or 2 per zone but there is potential for more than 2 per zone. That includes the Luck augs, the actual type 19's seem to be about 1 every other zone.
  9. Dewey Augur

So cleared plane of smoke today. Not 1 drop. It takes forever too and even though there is just 6 of us the xp for our evolving items is horrible in those raid zones.

Honestly I think I'm just going to give up killing these mobs until I read something changes about it. Thanks for the comments, but the risk vs reward on these augs just isn't there.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

There's like 60 mobs in the Smoke instanced? Before the changes, Smoke was normally only good for like 3 or 4 augs per run unlike the 10+ in Fire due to the low amount of mobs.

If that zone takes forever, idk what Fire would be like.

However, the reward outweighs pretty much anything else you would put in a normal aug slot especially if it is a proc aug. Not a fan of the change by any means, but the player base was a little naive thinking the drop rates would not change when they added in all of the extra zones.
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

How so? He has turned 18's into candy land, when they were rare prior and I don't think any one expects him to take it away any time soon. Which is the complete opposite of 19's, they went from basically not dropping, to dropping at an ok rate but still no control of what dropped to back to basically not dropping (I consider clearing an entire raid zone like fire for 1 or 2 augments not dropping). And the only ones ok with that are the folks who finished during the ok drop rate time from 2 zones. Or people who never put in any effort and just plan to get what they can during raid times.

Fixing the broken zones was great but the drop rate for 19's should have been left alone.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Tumbler Lorekeeper

So they just did a patch a day ago. Does anyone know if it is worth it to do these again? Did they fix the never ever again to drop rate that it currently is?

It went from dropping in 2 zones to clearing entire zones and getting nothing. The raid force I roll with stopped doing them because the drop rate drifted to nothing... It was brutal; hopefully it got fixed with the patch yesterday.
  13. Morigaine Elder

So naive question from someone who isn’t raiding. Can these raid trash mobs be killed by groups? When people describe farming the raid instances do they mean with full raid groups or just a group of 6?
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

Yes anyone can kill them as long as they meet the requirements to request the raid and have 6 in a group.
  15. svann Augur

A good group.
  16. Morthakia Augur

There are 171 mobs in the instance. We used to clear it with a group of 6 (and a cleric outside group healing the tank). The group is high dps and very well geared. Without breaks, everyone going balls-to-the-wall, and glyphing to handle large pulls (instead of splitting mobs), it would take about 100 minutes to clear the entire zone. I know some folks who would bring 2 groups and end up taking 4+ hours to do a full clear. A friend of mine boxed a monk/Druid and would kill 1 mob every 10 minutes when his discs were up. He ended up getting most of his augs pre-nerf by killing as many mobs as he could before the instance collapsed about 6 hours later — repeating this once a week.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

If you can request them then you can farm the augs. I personally farm them with my alts. Group is SK, cleric, chanter, and ranger.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

We just cleared every mob except the Dude/Chick/Bird in Esianti.. 1 type 19.. 2 luck augs.. nothing at all left on track except the actual raid mobs.
  19. Brohg Augur

our full clear of Plane of Fire this Saturday evening yielded even less. A single luck aug for all 160-some mobs. I opine that the dials were turned unduly hard over in the latest ... refinement.
  20. Repthor Augur

Its all random sometimes we getnothing and then like last night in fire we got 4 and 3 luck. In our case we seem to only be able to loot the chance to resist or resist x amount augs

Random is what random does. Its like a box of chocolate