Suggestion on stopping bot farmers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomgamer, May 19, 2019.

1. Randomgamer Journeyman

Since DBG won't /can't enforce a PNP or stop these bot armies I have a suggestion on what they could possibly do. Why not make all the typical high value , most sought after items, no drop? Also make krono no trade. Take away the reason to farm items.

It's the only way i think to stop this. It happens on every TLP would it be that hard to implement something like this?
  2. Aegir Augur

Krono No Trade, won't happen. They will just camp those high value now no drop items and sell the loot-rights instead.

These two options has been grinded to dust on this forum for years now.
    YourNameHere and jeskola like this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

A company owned by a renowned investor isn't going to severely cut into profit margin to make a few people happy. Krono won't change, ever.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Oh for fracks sake, isn't this fracking horse dead beaten and turned into glue already?

1) Making things no drop changes nothing. People sell loot rights instead of the actual item. It happens now.

2) Making krono no drop changes nothing either. You just make people sell something on this server and then switch to another to pay with the krono. That just increases the risk (what if the dude doesn't show up to give me the item/krono?) Now I have to petition CS for help and they don't have enough people to deal with actual issues.
    jeskola likes this.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

I know! if we convert the whole game into a series of still images, then we won't have any problems with bot farmers, or people being OP. or anything!
  6. cinzen Journeyman

7. cinzen Journeyman

Change the loot timer from the current 30 minutes to 7 minutes and selling loot rights becomes a little more of a hassle
    Thalliius likes this.
  8. Conspiracy New Member

Simple Go play a game where this is battled. EQ sucks now.
    Protius likes this.
  9. Nessirfiti Augur

As someone who has a bunch of nodrop gear rot that's upgrades for my guildies, Hard no.
  10. cinzen Journeyman

Not talking about raids and such, just AC mainly and other stuff like that in classic. Not a universal change at all, just the "problem" areas in TLP's.
  11. Silver-Crow Augur

There are 3 easy fixes for this..

Option 1.
    1. Get a group of high dps friends together.
    2. Move to suspected bot camp
    3. Wait for them to pull and kill anything they pull

If they're a bot camp, then you shouldn't get any complaints and a it's nice easy xp camp for you. No pulling, tanking or healing stresses. :)

Option 2.
    Answer all adverts for selling loot rights, and then take so long to get there it rots (really this is just a similar tactic to getting cold callers to hang on while you 'just finish doing something')

Option 3.
    Move to selos, there's plenty going on, and none of the bot/box drama
  12. Camniala New Member

I heart that option 2, Crow XD
  13. code-zero Augur

When you go to Classic/Trilogy EQ this is literally the game that was written.

It was a mistake for Brad to have ever instituted the play nice policy, from the first day they should have enforced against training and afk play (back then as now using pets) and let it all be a DPS race. Then we wouldn't have this sort of whiny playerbase
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

You think that someone selling loot rights isn't talking to more than one person? If you're selling loot rights and the person who's offering the most hasn't shown up in 10~ or so minutes you're probably already talking to the other person that's after it.
  15. Grailer Augur

You know you can’t blame people for selling stuff like loot rights when there are idiots buying.

So often I will see someone in OOT asking to buy loot rights on AC or even in guk buying mask of deception LR.
    Vinlail likes this.
  16. Brunlin Augur

I wish option 1 was this simple, however most bot armies on a 24/7 cycle against Efreeti for example, are atleast 6 Necromancers. The way that dots work in calculating who wins the dps race.....you cant beat a dot..especially 6 dots. Your legit group will not win the race. If you train, than you are at risk to get reported on by the semi afk person running the bot army. Training can result in a possible suspension, especially if he reports with all of his bots. So if you cant win the dps race, cant charm gate it, and cant train....Im not sure what you can do except run a bot army yourself.
  17. Zinkeh Augur

This is it precisely. The guy knows what he's doing and has been doing it for years. He switched to necros on agnarr because folks would train the entire zone on him because he was completely locking people out of the Chief and Bodyguard camps. He also uses necros due to that very dot mechanic that makes it almost impossible to KS him. Combine that with the self-assurance that DB will never, ever touch him and you've got 24+ necros "controlled" by the same guy almost since the server launched. It has never, ever....been so obvious someone is botting and cheating the system yet he just gets to get away with it.
  18. Bewts Augur

Making Krono no-trade will sunset this game quicker than you’d like.

Don’t believe me? Ask the EQMac refugees who watched their server die as it had no access to Marketplace and Krono.

As for no-trade loot; it already exists. So unless they change loot to bind to only those in the raid when a corpse/chest manifests and the corpse poofs when the standard timer would unlock it (both have consequences for legitimate looters); you’ll never see selling loot rights go away. Not to mention, this type of restriction would suffocate krono sales for bot armies to amass and sell which means it isn’t in the interest of the company to do so given how essential krono has become to their bottom line.

The only way to shut down botting is to play the expensive arms race game with everyone skilled/creative/bored enough to develop and sell a work around. It’s a losing proposition to their margin and a black hole for profits.

Get used to armies; they will be around as long as there is a concentration of players willing to finance their pixel collections with Krono. Heck, one can even make an argument that the rate in which TLP are released is exactly why botting for krono is as wide spread as it currently is. Less TLP, longer investment required to maintain profits from krono sales elsewhere. We’ve seen what 10 servers in 4 years now? That’s the real problem.
  19. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't understand where this idea comes from that only bot armies can trade items for Krono, or that Krono trading would stop if bot armies went away and that's why there's so little enforcement.

Is the implication the bot armies also buy the Krono they're trading? What sense does that make?

If there were no bot armies ever again ten minutes from now, players would still be buying Krono to trade for items and plat.
    Vinlail and code-zero like this.
  20. Meridian Augur

1. Out-bot the bot army
    2. 'accidentally' train them.