Eyes of Life and Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

I think the ideal situation would be upon completion of a set of raid achievements a second chest would spawn with a guild trophy.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Like no one is going back to RoF for the clickies that are nowhere near as good as Eye's...

Having old awesome items to strive for is one of the things I like most about Raids. If you already have it and don't ever want to go back then don't. There's plenty of people who like going back and doing old raids/achieves with smaller raids, items like this is what keeps old content relevant. Like I said earlier RoF is way older than TBM and people still raid that for clickies, the Disease/Poison clickies from CoTF/TDS are still relevant and the list goes on...

Why Cap the bonus on pretty much the only thing relevant from TBL and make it useless? Having an item like this is what will keep TBL relevant into the future like many other expansions. These things aren't really "Make or Break" for a char but they are a nice bonus for the people who have them or go back and do them.
  3. Allayna Augur

I’m sure you meant TBM...but there is a vast difference in gaining interest for RoF (requires far fewer) than TBM for achievements and again, comparing apples and oranges, RoF requires farming coin and 3 relatively easy achievements while TBM is every. single. achievement and doesn’t matter how much coin you have.
    Ssdar likes this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah TBM.. Too many Expansions start with T, I get them confused all the time lol.

Yes RoF is easier events and more farming than achieves but TBM is still very doable. In another year TBM will be as old as TDS is now. We breeze through Arx for the Poison Clicky already, I'm sure TBM will be just as easy next year. The last time I went back and did TBM was at least a year or 2 ago and it was pretty g imp back then.
  5. Allayna Augur

Aye. I was more referring to the logistical nightmare of a 70 person roster trying to do old content for Eyes of Life and Decay for every single achievement as opposed to the idea of a trophy or an updated item from perhaps next expansion. I do like that it is a type 3 aug.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Another doom a gloom.. over something that has not yet happened..

Fact: TBM.. was max lvl 105 for players.. this item was max lvl 105 when it came out.

It has been leveled up.. to reflect lvl 110 max. Why are you thinking they won't do that again ? When President has been set they would prefer to simply lvl increase the item ?
  7. Brohg Augur

You breeze through with all the Vanquisher achieves (ahem, Arx #2 balance)? Winning generally ain't the issue, never really was with Broken Mirror once the events were functional. Winning fancy is a whole different deal, at least for some events.
    Whulfgar and Allayna like this.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Damn Rangers!! The first time we attempted it we got to 10% before someone screwed it up, we could of easily restarted and got it that same night but that wasn't the focus of the raids.
  9. Riou EQResource

Its always been level 110 max
    kizant, Sancus and Brohg like this.
  10. Intenso Augur

[IMG]
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. Intenso Augur

if you searched the forum you would find the patch notes where they increased the level so fact didnt happen you tripping on drugz
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What patch did this happen in?
    Fanra likes this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I searched the patch notes going back to June 13, 2001 (yes, as a matter of fact I have saved them all since then) for "eye of life", "eye of decay", and "eyes of life and decay" and found exactly one note about them there:

That doesn't mean there is none, just none I have seen, and I used a text search on my patch notes document.
  14. Brohg Augur

15. Nniki Augur

There's even a post by Riou from February 2016 where it was 110. Doesn't look like it's ever changed.
    Riou likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

All they need to do is let this item die off and make sure that classes that benefited the most from it receive the biggest buffs next expansion to compensate.
    Endaar, Yinla, Warpeace and 1 other person like this.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

That operates under the assumption everyone has it, which isn't even close to the truth.
  18. smash Augur

Why should they compensate people for that? There no reason for that.

And yes i got it and i like it, and yes i am prepared for it to be useless when i get 115.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

It is a decent bump to some so to just take it away can cause concerns.

I am in the forever camp on stuff like this. Embracing past content and having worthwhile reasons to go back to old content is a good thing for the game. Complete gear resets, wipes, and decay are not despite being simpler at times.
  20. Ibudin Augur

This is simple, if they implement new levels - don't level up and use your eyes of life and decay :)
    I am sour, was 2 achievements from getting them and guild said not doing it ever again, so I've lived with out them and moved on.