Eyes of Life and Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What my guild is dealing with is trying to get the achievement Dance Dance Retribution with the fact that the emote and particle effect is often delayed, leaving almost no time to run to the correct pool. I'm not sure if I should submit a bug report somewhere.
  2. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

That's interesting. I believe our public raid force may have seen this as well. We haven't gone back in two weeks or so, but the last time we tried, the emotes were way off. I know we made a few attempts within the same DZ instance, but the final one was bad. First one or two were fine, if I recall correctly (our failures were simply due to folks not paying attention).
  3. Endaar Augur

Apologies for the minor necropost, but it's on topic...

Earlier in the thread there was some confusion as to the actual impact on caster DPS, and I'd love some clarification of that if possible. It certainly seems to be a straight 10% damage increase across the board.

If I'm comparing my DPS to another Wizard who has the aug (I don't), and I'm within 10% of them, are we effectively "performing" the same?
  4. Zunnoab Augur

It delays the actual timer you have to run to it too, I'm pretty sure. It's just poor pathing. Once she makes it to the middle, the emote cycle begins.

If you (people in general not in response to the quote) have trouble with that emote watch how I do it. Note I always keep all three pools in view:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/372752987

This was the one of the first times my guild went back to the event in a long time a few months ago. I fully asked people if they minded my sharing the video before doing so. (Also, as embarrassing as the double tank on the extended target is and my rather nutty UI, I don't mind showing my mistakes.)

I understand most get this by burning through without having to worry about the emote, or only getting it once. Prior to our gigantic merger shifting priorities for the time being, we were pretty darn close to getting this. We just made sure people that sucked at it gated out and let others deal with it until the minibosses.
  5. Sancus Augur

No. It increases a <= lvl 110 spell's base damage by 10%. A large amount of a Wizard (or any caster's) damage comes from procs and flat damage additions that aren't modified by Eyes of Life and Decay.

It's closer to 6%.
  6. Horyuken Augur

This Item is OP and should be brought into line. For a pure melee it is totally useless. For it to work on a spell it has to have a mana cost of at least 10.
  7. Sancus Augur

That's incorrect. It works on skill attacks. There is no limit relating to mana cost:

[49694] Eyes of Life and Decay
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by 10%
    2: Limit Class: ALL
    3: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    4: Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP Repeating
    7: Limit Effect: Skill Attack
    kizant likes this.
  8. Horyuken Augur

It is over powered for most classes but pure melee, I can refer you to this post.

It completely depends on your class as to if this aug/s are useful or not. To most all classes it's Overpowered as hell. To other classes like Monks / Pure melee, it's totally worthless. It does NOT work on all special attacks as the description would have you believe. It was extremely disappointing to find out after all the work to get this that it works on virtually nothing for monks. Meanwhile, Hybrids, casters, healers got a 10% boost the nearly everything.

Out of the 10 ish special attacks monk have, it only adds damage to 2 of the 10. AND the 2 it does actually work on, are by far our worst abilities. Most monks only use 1 of the 2 things it works on, so in reality it only adds like 100 something damage to Vigorous Shuriken and about the same for Z-Fang. That's it... All that work to get a WHOOPING 100 more damage for 1 of 10 attacks. It's some bull crap really :mad:.

IE Useless on our procs that are a life tap or DD, but works on the vast majority of caster spells, so unfair! WAAA
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What is with the nerf calls lately? There is never a reason to nerf anything. Just make other stuff better and make the "OP" items easier to obtain for everybody, if balance is a real concern.
    Mintalie and Fanra like this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

It requires every single raid achievement in the expansion. That's not overpowered.
  11. Kiras Augur

Re: Dance Dance Retribution
    I noticed some months ago that they had changed something in it. She used to stop summoning when she was about to Mortal Decay, years ago. She was summoning when we tried it some months ago. It basically made it a guaranteed fail (because the tank is going to get summoned out of the aura) unless you could prevent her from casting it entirely.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

I'm not sure why that happened to you, but it was not for us when we were attempting it a few months ago. Are you sure it wasn't an add?
  13. momentumAB New Member

Just to add my support for removing the level cap. Cool items that keep old content relevant like this are one of the best parts of EQ. I don't and will likely never have this, from a power stance it's hardly a must have. Not sure why anyone would consider such a minor boost OP.
  14. Kiras Augur

I don't think it was an add, but I can barely remember what I ate two days ago, let alone months ago. Could also just be a lag related problem.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm against removing the level cap, I don't want to be in the same position as necros with their epics in a few years time.

Hopefully when the level cap is up on this they create a new aug for people to gain.
  16. roth Augur

If I expected that they would create a new awesome aug like that for people to shoot for, I’d be all for the obsolescence and renewal of it.

Unfortunately, we have ample proof that should such a thing occur, it would be long after the initial obsolescence. Consider how long it took them to produce the 1.5/2.0 after coming out with the 1.0. Consider how long it took them to come out with the Shawl 2.0, and then the Shawl 3.0, after coming out with the first Shawl.

Given their history of waiting well past the obsolescence point to revive something, or not reviving it at all, I’d rather just see the level limit on this go away. There is no such limit on the Dodge augs from LDoN/PoWar, there is no level limit on the Stone Tear. There should not be a level limit on the Eyes of Life and Decay.

And being a slot 3 aug, its not like it will become obsolete due to its stats, like the Artisan’s Prize must eventually become, like the Shawl 3.0 has become (for most people).
  17. Endaar Augur

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
  18. Allayna Augur

I prefer, as a guild leader, to not have to farm 4 expansion old content raid achievements for a "clutch" item. Let it die with the level cap increase. Make a new item if you want the same focus to pass 110.
    Yinla and svann like this.
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I kinda wish this was a forever item. It should never decay above any level. It's an endeavor to get this aug.

It isn't the end of the world, but it's something I'd consider.
  20. roth Augur

I would wholeheartedly agree with you ... *IF* I expected DBG would actually make the new item.

Unfortunately, I don’t. History tells us not to expect that.